Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans treatment of Thurman

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    IAgree said:

Assume now that Thuram will get an extended run in the team - although I hope we continue to play Hamer. I stand by my earlier post that Thuram will cost us points, having already cost us the game at Middlesbrough with what should have been a routine save for a Championship level keeper.

Very unhappy with the above post calling Illic eccentric, a keeper whose introduction to the 1st team in Feb 1998 saw us storm to the Play Offs and The Prem with clean sheet after clean sheet and whose Prem career, as with Mendonca, was cruelly cut short by injury.

I have an uneasy feeling that playing Thuram will come to personify the RD philosophy and illustrate all that we now know to be wrong with the current owners philosophy about moving his "assets" around his collection of clubs

Lets hope Hamer does continue as our number 1 - becuase he is just that. But all those who have defended Thuram so strongly may now get to see an extended run with him in the first team.

How many goals and points has Hamer lost us!!! Shockingly bad himself!!

I haven't defended Thuram but think he should be given a chance rather than being dismissed simply because he comes for one of Roland's teams.

Give it a rest to even compare Thuram with Hamer is a insult.
  • Options
    noone mentioned hamer letting the ball slip through his hands and out for a corner, or failing to come collect the ball in a mixup with wilson?

if that was thuram he would have been absolutly slated
  • Options
    @AdamAddick I am going to have to stop reading your posts....I keep 'liking' them and don't want to be seen as a stalker!!

One of the few that speaks any sense on here!
  • Options

noone mentioned hamer letting the ball slip through his hands and out for a corner, or failing to come collect the ball in a mixup with wilson?

if that was thuram he would have been absolutly slated

He had a solid game last night. Never looked like getting beaten.
  • Options
    IAgree said:

Assume now that Thuram will get an extended run in the team - although I hope we continue to play Hamer. I stand by my earlier post that Thuram will cost us points, having already cost us the game at Middlesbrough with what should have been a routine save for a Championship level keeper.

Very unhappy with the above post calling Illic eccentric, a keeper whose introduction to the 1st team in Feb 1998 saw us storm to the Play Offs and The Prem with clean sheet after clean sheet and whose Prem career, as with Mendonca, was cruelly cut short by injury.

I have an uneasy feeling that playing Thuram will come to personify the RD philosophy and illustrate all that we now know to be wrong with the current owners philosophy about moving his "assets" around his collection of clubs

Lets hope Hamer does continue as our number 1 - becuase he is just that. But all those who have defended Thuram so strongly may now get to see an extended run with him in the first team.

I haven't defended Thuram but think he should be given a chance rather than being dismissed simply because he comes for one of Roland's teams.

I am confused about the mixed messages about Thuram.

When we signed him ,it was stated that he was on the verge of the French World Cup squad and just needed match practice. Whilst not expecting someone as good as Hugo Lloris , I was hoping he would be at a similar level to say Jack Buckland .We are now told he is conference standard.This gap is too wide he can't be both.

My view is that as a continental goalie it is a massive and unnecessary risk to pitch him in the team until he becomes accustomed to English football.Also in my view Ben Hamer is not reliable although his reputation improved the more Thuram played.

I personally preferred Ben Alnwick to both of them although we realise now that there may have been deeper issues concerning him. I think a new Keeper will be a priority whoever is in charge in the summer although next season Nick Pope might be ready after keeping 7 out of 12 clean sheets for York.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

IAgree said:

I am confused about the mixed messages about Thuram.

When we signed him ,it was stated that he was on the verge of the French World Cup squad and just needed match practice. Whilst not expecting someone as good as Hugo Lloris , I was hoping he would be at a similar level to say Jack Buckland .We are now told he is conference standard.This gap is too wide he can't be both.

My view is that as a continental goalie it is a massive and unnecessary risk to pitch him in the team until he becomes accustomed to English football.Also in my view Ben Hamer is not reliable although his reputation improved the more Thuram played.

I personally preferred Ben Alnwick to both of them although we realise now that there may have been deeper issues concerning him. I think a new Keeper will be a priority whoever is in charge in the summer although next season Nick Pope might be ready after keeping 7 out of 12 clean sheets for York.

To me, a new keeper is the least of our worries
  • Options
    Dannoo_86 said:

IAgree said:

Give it a rest to even compare Thuram with Hamer is a insult.
    You are right of course - very unfair on Thurman!

Seriously it's not that I am a big Thurman fan I just think that we should give him a chance over before slating him. I think some players are being dismissed before they can have a fair attempt to impress, simply because they are from one of Roland's clubs.

Personally I don't rate Hamer at all, however this is based upon watching him play over a long period not because of where he came from.
  • Options
    Fans treatment of Thurman

Uma Thurman?
    I'd treat her to whatever she desired, so long as I'd hidden all the samurai swords obv.
  • Options
    Hamer is a good keeper yes keepers make mistakes & 9-10 those mistakes lead to goals I still believe hamer is one of the best keepers in the championship hence why there is 7 clubs after his services he is the best we got
    We get to Thurman again I don't believe any Charlton fan has anything against him again it's down to the owner bringing in him he doesn't speak a word of English which won't help he does need games to settle but in the situation were in hamer is the best option.
    Thurman makes some good saves which you would expect from a former u21 French keeper if we go down I imagine he will be the new number 1? Hamer will be released with nick pope being number 2? Allowing Dillion Phillips to go out on loan.

Let's hope we get out of this mess but again the problem for us isn't between the sticks it's at the other end we have sold our best striker & I can't see where the goals are going to come from.

Let's get behind Ben Hamer instead of criticising him