Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans treatment of Thurman

Comments

• Options
    Thought he did what he did well, the save at the end was excellent, the treatment from the fans was terrible though, really bad.
  • Options
    Oh and Tom Carroll was excellent
  • Options
    You would think if you were worried that your keeper might be a bit dodgy, and you want your team to do well, instead of slagging him off you might encourage him in the hope it makes him feel better and not worried about making a mistake.

Guess not though.
  • Options

A 1-0 win against a top 5 side and people still need to have a dig at someone.

I understand people's criticism's but at least make it constructive.

Calling him a 'clown' is muggy

What, as in hot, clammy and really sticky? Bizarre word frankly! Always used so out of context.
    Muggy - As in to act like a mug

The ValleyGary Bexleyheath Dictionary.
  • Options
    Charlton fans again. We are awful. The fans made their minds up about him after the first game he played for us because it wasn't a 'Powell signing.'
  • Options
    I blame Dervite for passing the ball back to him. The only lapse he made all game
  • Options

Charlton fans again. We are awful. The fans made their minds up about him after the first game he played for us because it wasn't a 'Powell signing.'

Sorry, but that's just not true. It was before he'd even played that game...
  • Options
    All I will say, he was completely made up at the end. I hope we are not out to destroy him.
  • Options
    he aint been given any chance by some BA is right it was before he even played
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Delighted for him that he has a clean sheet. Thought QPR were poor, but he did what he needed to. Awful back pass was as bad as it got for him. Hopefully, this gives him confidence and we see why he's the highly rated keeper he is.
  • Options
    Everyone around me were slagging him off (why??) then he made his gaff ( lost count of how many Hammer has made) then a superb save! Everyone loved him!

The reality is that some pro " SCP" threads have cast RD as the biggest villain ever and dismissed all new players as " rejects" . Some rejects!

Thought that our new players did us all proud today and CP got his tactics and substitutions spot on.

Just one thing CP - ENOUGH ALREADY WITH GREEN! Dreadful pointless player!
  • Options
    First time i had seen him this season as watched it on TV, looked fine to me, backpass was not his screw up, Dervite put him under pressure when it was not needed.

His kicking looks like it is a coached plan to get it out wide, like Deano used to be coached to do the same, looks terrible when it goes wrong but at least once i can remember it going straight to Wilson and it started a quick attack on goal.

I think his problem is that he is being seen as the main culprit of hatred by the fans who have decided already that they don't like the new ownership, combine that with the ridiculous conspiracy theory around Alnwick and he is never gonna get a fair deal from a minority of our fanbase.

It might seem crazy but why don't people actually support our players, especially the players who have only been in the country a number of weeks who are still low on confidence.
  • Options

but at least once i can remember it going straight to Wilson and it started a quick attack on goal.

Didnt the fans sarcastically cheer when Wilson looked like he just kept it in play...
  • Options

but at least once i can remember it going straight to Wilson and it started a quick attack on goal.

Didnt the fans sarcastically cheer when Wilson looked like he just kept it in play...
    Probably, fans can be really naive when it comes to that sort of stuff.
  • Options
    There was a ball out to Wilson that the North Upper were jeering as it was passed, and then it landed perfectly on Wilson's chest and started the attack.

There is a real anti RD feeling from some people who should know better
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Well two home games in and I'm really enjoying going to watch again this season because of RD

Thuram is flamboyant / Ajdarevic is classy / Reza will put in a shift
  • Options
    Hamer is fit enough to be sub today. Let's see who starts at Leicester next Saturday
  • Options
    Question.......Has he cost us points in the games he has played?

I guess he didn't expect to be thrust into the first team so quickly, given that back drop he has acquitted himself well. The save today was timely, the backpass from Dervitte was diabolical he deserved a slating for that alone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rothko said:

Well two home games in and I'm really enjoying going to watch again this season because of RD

Thuram is flamboyant / Ajdarevic is classy / Reza will put in a shift
    Interesting you should say that, as i had a long chat with a close friend of mine on Friday, who still lives close enough to attend most games and he said for the first time this season he is looking forward to watching the players we have at the club, hopefully todays result and another couple additions will really lift all the fans.
  • Options

I think its the first time I have ever seen and heard addicks not giving a player a chance from his first game, normally you get a few bell ends on here giving it loads, but as a whole cafc are an honestand forgiving bunch at first and give players a chance, yet Thuram is seen as all that is wrong with RD and his vision and I feel this site must accept that it holds some responsibility into the piss poor treatment of the man as in the 2 games I have seen him in, his kicking is no worse than deano and he has not really had that much to do, against Bhma he was beaten by 2 goals that were shockingly poor defending, and no blame could be attributed,

the reception and comments I heard at the ground today were not what CAFC is about normally and I think its wrong if the guy has had a chance and fucks it up slate him, but hamer makes more mistakes per game than he does

Agree apart from the fact that the digging out certain players / sheep mentality / no patience has *always* been what a lot of CAFC fans are about. Even before the Hamer chant, the ironic cheers were disgusting (how many did Deano used to kick out of touch ffs). The sad part for me was the *amount* of fans joining in the Hamer chant. What good can it do anyone?
  • Options
    A lot of our fans are thick - they don't appreciate you can have a different style and be effective. Having said that - he had little to do and what he did was poor today - but the last player you should get on their back is your keeper! Unless you are thick, which nicely takes me back to my opening line.
  • Options
    Does anyone think that dervite played today to help thuram? Fellow french speaker...may help communication?

Thuram had nothing to.do today, the ironic cheers and hamer chants is not on imo. Give the guy a chance
  • Options
    A positive of the French lad being in goal today, it kept the back four on their toes and played like Messrs Rufus and Berry used to
  • Options
    I remember Hamer conceding a goal against Bury by kicking it at one of their players. Perhaps the fans were chanting in memory of that incident?
  • Options
    Save it for after the game if at all. Those heckling might as well have just joined in with the QPR fans all game.

Our players need 100% blind support on the pitch and not their own fans possibly knocking their confidence.
  • Options
    I liked her in Kill bill.
  • Options

Think those that went to Wigan slated him so much that a large majority had it in their minds from the start that he was shit and boy are they sticking to it. Bloke across the aisle from me was up in arms when the back pass happened and was shouting for Hamer to come on. He then left ten minutes early. Says it all really.

Does that every game, Large.

Now THAT is muggy.....

• Options
    Thought it was poor - normally I see the funny side of these things, but today l just wondered why on earth anyone would want to have a pop like that at their own keeper in a crucial game that was still 0-0? What's that going to do for his confidence? Beyond me.