Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shef Wed 1 CAFC 2 Post match comments

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Double post. Sorry
  • Options
    The BBC website is showing our Sixth Round Tie as Saturday 8th at 3pm - is that confirmed?
  • Options
    I LOVE THIS CLUB COYR
  • Options
    f*cking have some of that!! great result!

love powell at the end! what a fan!

if only we could of carried on playing like we were in the first 20 minutes. we would of stuffed them.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Great result and tbh not expected. Rode our luck but battled on and also played a bit of football at times. At this moment I still think we're up against it to avoid relegation with our young inexperienced team but wins breed confidence and there's obviously a great vibe amongst the squad at the moment. Whatever happens for the rest of this season I think the future is bright if we keep hold of our kids.

Well done Charlton and well done the travelling faithful.

Come on you reds!
  • Options
    Road our luck at times. Thought Wilson had a cracking game and Hamer made some great saves. Well done to all the players great few days.

Also posted this on twitter for Michael Vaughan
  • Options

£180,000 tonight. 6th round winner £360'000. Plus both teams get live tv fee of £247,500.

Win the 6th round and we are looking at a £3m cup run with Wembley gate money, TV and losing semi final prize of £450k!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant result. Two weeks ago vs Brum we looked dead and buried now we're dreaming of Wembley and a very good chance of staying up!

Can't wait for Leicester now fancy we'll get something there
  • Options

The BBC website is showing our Sixth Round Tie as Saturday 8th at 3pm - is that confirmed?

I've got a feeling BBC are just doing it as Standard and they'll move it once the TV has fully been confirmed
  • Options
    It was really hard not to do the match thread tonight..but on a selfish note I wanted to watch it on a stream...and I have to say we deserved that win..first 25 mins of first half we played some great football and Owls were chasing shadows.... second half they were always going to push forward and put us under pressure and got their goal...but then we pushed back..played some good stuff again and got the winner.....Church run his legs off, Hamer was immense..... what a save at the end, Poyet a very assured performance and Fox..what a debut!! very proud tonight and very happy for Chris Powell..now if we can get a few loanees in, I would like to suggest we can beat Utd and also climb up the league....well done to all..BRILLIANT 3 days....Good night from a very happy Redmidland
  • Options

I think all 4 ties are televised so it won't be 3pm saturday.
    It'll either be 5.30 saturday, lunchtime sunday or monday night.
  • Options
    Hamer was fantastic tonight. Probably one of his top 3 performances for us. Great to have him back.

Massive (pun intended) result. Well done all.

Also a big shout out to our fantastic support up there. Could hear them getting behind the team throughout.......................
  • Options
    When you think Poyet, Cousins, Fox barely 30 league games between them. Thought Morro, Wood, Wilson, Jacko and Poyet were immense. Should have scored a least one more first half. Church worked his nuts off but does has a sponge foot. Was there 'goal' over the lines? Who cares. Deffo a red on Harriott.

Well done all those able to get up there. After watching the live stream I'm off to lay down in a darkened room. COYR.
  • Options
    After 52 friggin years, sometimes I hate this club, but on days like these I know I'll never love another. MASSIVE!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    I'm still floating on the wave of 2 wins in 3 days
  • Options
    One of the rarest of times where every faction of Charlton's support is over the moon. Absolutely elated and what a performance from everyone tonight. Amazing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please be late game on the saturday
  • Options
    The world famous Chris Powell team spirit is finally starting to show its face.

Immense tonight
  • Options
    People wondering how we've turned it around (and I'm convinced there's more to come)... Just take a look at that five man midfield - they can all play a bit and reduced Wednesday to lunging tackles and blocks.
    Fox played well but Wiggins back for Leicester please.
  • Options
    do we know how many supporters made it up there ?
  • Options
    did it cross the line? looks like it from this angle, but maybe the lino couldn't see it...who the hell cares, we're through - BOOM!
  • Options
    I'm absolutely elated, over the moon.

I don't know what to feel, is this what a cup run does to you?
  • Options
    Happy and proud tonight.

Loving the cup run but we HAVE to do it in the league as well, building on the QPR result. If we can just stay up this season, we could strengthen more in the summer and make a real go of it next year. If we can sign Poyet up, we might start looking a bit like Standard Liege with half the team home-grown or very young acquisitions, playing football on the nice new pitch and winning games. Wouldn't that be nice?!
  • Options
    Yes, this is why we should be delighted - Harriot, Poyet, Cousins, Fox - that is over a third of the team and they are proper youngsters just starting out in the game - we really have a stunning production line and if we can keep them we are only going to get better - when you think of some of the other talent we have waiting in the wings.