Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shef Wed 1 CAFC 2 Post match comments

Comments

• Options
    What a brilliant performance. All through that team, they stood up against a big lump of a side and they battled for everything. We should be proud as punch of the lot of them, but even more so with nearly half (including Lawrie) come from our academy. Hard to single any of them out but Ben Hamer, with some brilliant saves (the double, the tip-over at the end from the deflection) and that casual little pluck out of the air on/over/nowhere near the line was WORLDY!! Top beard that man...no shaving til we lift that Cup!!

Thank you all so much! And cheers to all the posters who provided links and advice on how to watch. Gutted I couldn't make it to Sheffield again tonight, but will be there in a couple of weeks.

P.S. Prague...how many hats do you have mate???? ;-)
  • Options
    MarkyE83 said:

Highlights on ITV4+1 in a minute. 206 on Sky.

They didn't even show Hamers woooooorldy save
  • Options
    We've got our Charlton back.
  • Options
    The defence was great - hats off to Wilson, the ex- Wednesday boys Morrison and Wood, and young Morgan Fox, who wasn't too troubled on his debut. Hamer was excellent, both I'm terms of his goalkeeping and his winding up of the home crowd. Very good save near the end.

I thought Poyet was very polished and we played some good stuff in the first half and defended well in the second. Churchy had the run on Leira throughout and eventually we made it pay with Jacko's free kick and Churchy's header.

We sat with a Wednesday friend in the South stand, level with the penalty area, and I didn't understand why their second "goal" was disallowed, although presumably there was a foul.

Overall, very well deserved and no one around us thought any different.

• Options

MarkyE83 said:

Highlights on ITV4+1 in a minute. 206 on Sky.

They didn't even show Hamers woooooorldy save
    Real shame that, deserves to be seen, but did I read Churchy's lips right there as he was being congratulated? Sure he said "handball" a couple of times!

;-)
  • Options
    I think the players knowing that CP is getting a new contract has bought the team together and they all worked so hard. Great for Fox to debut and win. Wilson is fast becoming a real candidate for poti. Jackson superb yet again. Love the players bought in. We could stay up and go to Wembly - although it would be typical CAFC to now lose to Utd, upsetting their smaller local rivals.
  • Options
    Think ANY criticism of Fox is unjust. He grew into the game and it's not easy making your debut there in front of 24k plus. Well done lad, another off the production line.
  • Options

Think ANY criticism of Fox is unjust. He grew into the game and it's not easy making your debut there in front of 24k plus. Well done lad, another off the production line.

Who the heck is criticising him? Who the heck is criticising anyone tonight?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    disgusting racist comments coming from weds fans
  • Options
    was wiggins rested.is he injured?
  • Options
    Towards who? Harriott, Reza?
  • Options
    Best ?
  • Options
    to powell, i wont say what theyre saying but its in reference to him swinging on the goal, you can gather what they said
  • Options
    http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/209852-i-hope-the-pigs/

I hate the Wendies. They're so arrogant and desperate for us to be relegated it is sad.

I'm not the biggest fan of our neighbours, but i'd rather the MASSIVES were relegated to be honest.

Embarrassment of a football club.
  • Options
    They just can't help themselves, just had a quick look at owlstalk, we are a tinpot club, we cheated our way to victory, we time wasted the whole game, we elbowed our way to victory & many many more childish little digs. My favourite though has to be "We were far from great but look at the stats and a draw was a fair result." Would that be the stats that clearly state wendies 1 goal Super Charlton 2 goals ? bunch of twats
  • Options
    There is no way we will get relegated and we will finish above Wednesday to boot. But they won't get relegated either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think these unkind comments are out of order. In breading does cause educational issues that are beyond the control of the individual and can lead to far more serious problems both physical and mental.

These may not be so severe and noticeable in Sheffield, but in New Cross they are a commonplace and sufferers need our help and sympathy.

Please do try to understand. Try nodding and saying 'yup, if you made any serious effort you would have won that, and by the way, we were totaly overwhelmed by your fantasticground and support and just do not understand how the TV coverage just shoed empty stands in the background'. I think that will help.
  • Options
    Anyone seen this? No idea if it's been mentioned or I've uploaded it properly but hope someone sort these idiots out
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    One word to describe those people on Twitter... C****
  • Options

Anyone seen this? No idea if it's been mentioned or I've uploaded it properly but hope someone sort these idiots out

Oh dear. Contempt it deserves and all. Had he been Weds manager tonight he would be a hero in the eyes of the twats posting. YOU LOST A GAME OF FOOTBALL!
  • Options
    two classic games in 3 days and I miss both :( have a pass for the weekend of the Sheff game tho, perhaps i shd stay at home..
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Great win.
    Just saw Powell at the end. He wipes a few tears away. Second time in a few days.
    What's happening with his contract?
  • Options
    Yes, Hamer was top notch today.

Over the next few weeks we're going to have to rely on the old seasoned heads. The youngsters are a breath of fresh air but they lack experience. You could see that today as the game wore on. It also showed how threadbare our squad is as the bench was very weak.

It'll be nice to get Tudgay back and a couple more experience loans would be good.
  • Options
    Just got home from the game. Awesome night, superb result and just how good was our support tonight - truly brilliant. My City and Utd supporting mates that I took along were well impressed. Charlton are back!!
  • Options
    Our support was outrageous tonight