Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shef Wed 1 CAFC 2 Post match comments

Comments

• Options
    I still can't believe we did it, i spent the last 10 minutes laying on the floor not being able to watch, Hamer man of the match for the double save and then that amazing save at the end.

MASSIVE MASSIVE WIN! ;-)
  • Options

did it cross the line? looks like it from this angle, but maybe the lino couldn't see it...who the hell cares, we're through - BOOM!

This is where the lucky socks and pants played their part.

Save those cornflakes packets folks, and go and buy your tin foil.
  • Options
    we are going to have so many games in hand soon ... but it won't matter because we are staying up and going to wembley :-)
  • Options
    ITV did their own Hawk-Eye on the "goal" - it didn't go in.

Church on the other hand did elbow the winner in.....
  • Options
    a total turd of a season---potless---hopeless and now 90 mins from Wembley !! FSS only at CAFC.

anyone who predicated two wins from these last 3 days FFS do the lottery NOW.
  • Options
    At least we can relax with a nice easy league game at weekend
  • Options

did it cross the line? looks like it from this angle, but maybe the lino couldn't see it...who the hell cares, we're through - BOOM!

No it didnt... thats not even on the line
  • Options
    Very proud tonight.

Fox at fault for goal and made some silly fouls but miles better than Evina. Standouts for me is all the defence, Poyet and Church.

I bet Yann was watching and thinking "what have I done". Surely this time we can break the QF jinx and get to Wembley. Magnificent. Powell on the crossbar on ITV4 made my night. Legend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sheffield Utd playing well at the moment. Must approach them same way we did today. Desire and fight, along with our blossoming midfield? could well see us at Wembley.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Have to admit I wasnt massively impressed with Fox tonight... although it was a tough place for him to make his debut so not bothered and after reading about him in the Programmes over the last few years (almost being let go a couple of times) he's one player I really am pleased to see make his debut

Finally from me... this is what it means to support a team like Charlton and is why I pity the fans of Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea... Days like today dont come along very often for us and when they do we've just gotta savor them and enjoy the moment

Some Twitter comments...

Poyet... What an ugly game of football! Massive win for us, great for everyone involved with the club to be in the quarter final of the FA Cup
    Harriott... Great result for us today ! Finally a pair of scoring boots haha ..fans were tremendous today on to the next now
    Ajdarevic... The battle of long balls was won by us today geeeeeet in there!!!! Great support great team efort and good goals from callum and churchy!
    Stephens... Well done the Charlton mob! How many appearances for a medal.
  • Options
    Couldn't watch the last ten mins on live stream.
    Got my wife to watch, had to leave the room and shelter in the toilet and wait for her to shout when the match was over.
    Why do we put ourselves through this?
    Can't wait for the next round - will have to shelter in the shed!!!!
  • Options
    FT stats - addicks first as always-:
    possession...........46% - 54%
    shots on............... 3 - 6
    shots off............... 10 - 7
    corners.................. 4 - 4

GOALS................. 2 - 1
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Astrit ‏@42Astrit 1m

The battle of long balls was won by us today geeeeeet in there!!!! Great support great team effort and good goals from callum and churchy!
  • Options

Sheffield Utd playing well at the moment. Must approach them same way we did today. Desire and fight, along with our blossoming midfield? could well see us at Wembley.

Not too sure that they're playing well seeing that they're 17th in League One and four points off the drop zone...

And there's the other club ... ;-)
  • Options
    Brilliant result
    Didn't think we played as well as we could , we didn't need to , I'd forgotten how much of a carthorse of a defender Llera was , proper pony
    we got the decisions from the ref tonight not least the spongearm of God easing it home
    unlike others i thought Hamer had one of his worse games tonight and was flapping and fumbling soooo much , he then produces a wooooorldy at the end and we go thru !!!
    seeing SCP do the chin up on the crossbar was a classic and there is no one in the world i want managing us more than that fella
    and fairplay to the travelling few , made good noise and another proper loooooopy loop when the goals went in

30% Losing 1/4 Finalists 61% Losing Wemberlee Semi Finalists 8% FA Cup Runners Up 1% FA Cup Winners 2014 lol
  • Options
    We couldn't have beaten a more 'orrible side.

They were cynical at times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    double post

WHAT A WIN!
  • Options
    Look closely when Callum strikes the shot for his goal and you will see we had 6 players in the box. Defensive??? I think not. Tactically Powell has out-thought first 'Arry now Gray
  • Options
    They've won last five inc Bristol city, Notts Forest and Fulham. Not too bad. Just saying we need to take it seriously at this stage in competition.

Not too sure that they're playing well seeing that they're 17th in League One and four points off the drop zone...

• Options

Brilliant result
    Didn't think we played as well as we could , we didn't need to , I'd forgotten how much of a carthorse of a defender Llera was , proper pony
    we got the decisions from the ref tonight not least the spongearm of God easing it home
    unlike others i thought Hamer had one of his worse games tonight and was flapping and fumbling soooo much , he then produces a wooooorldy at the end and we go thru !!!
    seeing SCP do the chin up on the crossbar was a classic and there is no one in the world i want managing us more than that fella
    and fairplay to the travelling few , made good noise and another proper loooooopy loop when the goals went in

30% Losing 1/4 Finalists 61% Losing Wemberlee Semi Finalists 8% FA Cup Runners Up 1% FA Cup Winners 2014 lol

my night is complete
  • Options
    I've been really down about Charlton so far this season but watched it tonight and they look like they have the fight to win games again. The set up tonight worked perfectly and we stood up to a dirty side.

Two players I've criticised, Hamer and Church, were excellent. Wilson gets better every game. Encouraging to see Astrit has skill but also has the battling qualities we love.

That left me optimistic tonight.
  • Options

FT stats - addicks first as always-:
    possession...........46% - 54%
    shots on............... 3 - 6
    shots off............... 10 - 7
    corners.................. 4 - 4

GOALS................. 2 - 1

Not according to Fox. We had at least 8 on traget as far as I remember, and I think tbey said they matched us. Trust the BBC mode though.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Highlights on ITV4+1 in a minute. 206 on Sky.

Just noticed other thread! :(
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

@CAFCofficial: Chris Powell in press conference: "For all our fans who took time off work to watch us, or were listening in, that was for them." #CAFC

There's something the Wednesday manager could never say.
  • Options
    Just absolutely fantastic.
    How quickly things can change in football. We are now within touching distance of a landmark day in the club's history.
    TBF, Sheff Utd will be dreaming just as much as we are right now. The FA cup is brilliant, always has been and always will be.