Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Henderson signs 3 year deal (ed. from Pg 3) !

Comments

• Options
    Get a room!!
  • Options
    Reading between the lines, I think he'll be getting the No1 shirt ahead of Pope............
  • Options
    That would be my interpretation of BR's comments too.
  • Options
    Can't believe the current intention isn't for Henderson to start. Moreover, I'd say that this signing, on a three year deal, tells us they have doubts about Pope and certainly don't think he's ready for the Championship. I'd go as far as to say that if when Pope does get his chance, he grabs it and establishes himself as No 1 then this signing will have been a mistake.

However, what it does tell us is that the Club is determined to build a competitive squad and that Peeters is not going to be required to simply make do. Wheel and deal perhaps yes, but not at the expense of the side's quality. In that sense, this is the most encouraging signing so far.
  • Options
    Perhaps he will know let Phillips go out on loan and hopefully do what Pope did last season
  • Options

Can't believe the current intention isn't for Henderson to start. Moreover, I'd say that this signing, on a three year deal, tells us they have doubts about Pope and certainly don't think he's ready for the Championship. I'd go as far as to say that if when Pope does get his chance, he grabs it and establishes himself as No 1 then this signing will have been a mistake.

However, what it does tell us is that the Club is determined to build a competitive squad and that Peeters is not going to be required to simply make do. Wheel and deal perhaps yes, but not at the expense of the side's quality. In that sense, this is the most encouraging signing so far.

They obviously have confidence in Pope given he signed a 4 year deal after the season ended.
  • Options
    Anyone know how serious his injury is
  • Options
    does anyone know what the injury was ??
  • Options
    Never noticed anything because he never had that much to do unless he landed awkward or stubbed his toe with one of those clearances. In terms of distribution on the three times I have watched him, Hamer he is not :-(
  • Options

does anyone know what the injury was ??

Dunno he went down with no-one near him, think maybe he pulled something
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably his plonker weren't impressed
  • Options
    He had been signalling for a couple of minutes before he went down,
  • Options

Just making an excuse for his distribution.
  • Options
    Rumoured to be a hamstring, if out for a while do we get another goalie in or trust Phillips as number 2
  • Options
    I thought he'd been taken ill....especially after learning that JJ had a "bug".

Did he walk off with brown shorts ?

( Sorry Steve - hope you're OK)
  • Options
    at the press thingy Bob said a hamstring tweak
  • Options
    As the ball was up the other end of the pitch, he went down. Initial thought was someone in the Wigan end had thrown something at him, but when the physio came on, it was evident it was a thigh problem.

Hopefully won't be out too long, but in Pope I trust.................
  • Options
    Bring back Thurum!!!! :0 maybe I shouldn't have said anything Rolland maybe reading lol
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

In terms of distribution on the three times I have watched him, Hamer he is not :-(

Said after the Brentford game we will miss Hamer's distribution, we have been spoilt the past few years.
  • Options
    Remember from the PlayOffs that Pope's distribution was quite good (Can certainly throw the ball) as mentioned above... In Pope I trust (and this could be his real chance now)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not bovered. Pope clearly better keeper. Curious his only league appearances for us were as sub.
  • Options
    Still got 2 weeks left to sign a first-team keeper...
  • Options

Not bovered. Pope clearly better keeper. Curious his only league appearances for us were as sub.

I wouldn't say Pope is clearly the better keeper as his experience is in league 2. We shall find out over the next week or two. I hope Pope takes his chance as we have had him for a few years now.
  • Options
    Pope had no shots to save. His handling was decent. He looks too young :)
  • Options
    If you're good enough you're old enough. Pope will prove that,
  • Options
    Certainly not going to write Henderson off as he has pulled off some good saves already. I have faith in Pope too and hope Pope takes his chance with this unfortunate injury because I think he has huge potential.
  • Options
    Both quality keepers, Henderson impressed me last week, so hopefully he will be fit again soon but more then happy to see Pope get his chance too.
  • Options
    Pope was the first to take out two opponents at the same time since Peter Shirtliff so he's OK with me, saying that I've been impressed with Henderson so far.
  • Options
    Henderson looked ropey in pre-season and good against Brentford and Colchester.

I suspect he was carrying that from the start as he didn't look right for the whole game.