Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Henderson signs 3 year deal (ed. from Pg 3) !

Comments

• Options
    The more I look at Wigans goal the more I think Henderson should have saved it. He got down really slowly.

But I was very impressed with him v Brentford so maybe he wasn't fit.
  • Options
    Especially the last one from Dyer.......
    Outstanding!!!!....3 pointer!
    COYR....
  • Options
    Yep, great game today. The speed he came off his line for the save near the end was outstanding.
  • Options
    Done well today , hamer who ??????
  • Options
    Agree with all the above, he was outstanding yesterday, MOM for me!
  • Options
    Ben Roberts was instrumental in bringing Henderson to CAFC.

They worked together at Yeovil and by the sound of it, if he plays every week, (getting match fit)
    We could have a very decent championship goalie.

Kept us in game yesterday.
    Calm Demeanour.
    Also kept his head when all the fans around him were losing theirs. ( I lost mind)

• Options
    I really don't understand why he is still not in the Ireland squad

Shay Given(who never plays for Villa)
    David Forde(I have even seen Millwall fans say he is poor)
    Keiren Westwood
    Darren Randolph
    Rob Elliott

all in front of him
  • Options

Keiren Westwood
    Darren Randolph
    Rob Elliott

all in front of him

It's because he has rarely played. Tubby Elliot is there because he is at a big club - same with Westwood who was meant to be the next big thing and hasn't done much at all.

A few more months of this sort of form and I have little doubt he will be in the squads

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Keiren Westwood
    Darren Randolph
    Rob Elliott

all in front of him

It's because he has rarely played. Tubby Elliot is there because he is at a big club - same with Westwood who was meant to be the next big thing and hasn't done much at all.

A few more months of this sort of form and I have little doubt he will be in the squads

Westwood is at Wednesday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    really starting to get a lot of love for Henders, have seen him turn in 3-4 quality games now and his Norwich performance was just sensational.

love it when keepers concentrate the whole game and are accordingly in great positions when the 1-on-1s arise. Stephen is brilliant at positioning and working the angles, the Redmond save was a great demonstration of this.

he is brave and talented. really impressed with him so far.
  • Options
    David Forde has been consistently decent for several seasons now, the Millwall POTY for 2013/14...
  • Options
    I've only watched two games so far but he's in my opinion one of our best signings of this season - the others are good, too, of course. I was obviously very disappointed when Ben Hamer left but I'm pleased Henderson has turned out to be a competent replacement.
  • Options

David Forde has been consistently decent for several seasons now, the Millwall POTY for 2013/14...

a few comments on here make it sound like he is not rated anymore
    http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=113133&posts=17
  • Options
    Funny reading back on threads like this, so many people have some stinker predictions (me included)

He's class Henderson. Winds me up a bit when he does the old push forward routine and takes forever to kick the ball out. At the same time though it probably winds up oppo fans and strikers more so I don't mind it.
  • Options
    Another good performance on saturday in difficult conditions at Reading. Excellent replacement for Hamer.
  • Options
    Better than Hamer for me.
  • Options

Better than Hamer for me.

agree, with knobs on

• Options
    Really had my doubts on Henderson... Especially after a few early games but our whole back five is turning out to be the Championship upgrade equivalent of our League One winning defence
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Getting as good as Hamer, wouldn't say better yet.

Hamer didn't have the luxury of Bikey and Ben Haim in front of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Good Point.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Dazzler21 said:

Sorry but Henderson has made many saves this season that are on par with what Hamer had made, he is also better at reading danger and is quicker out of his goal making himself look huge sometimes and i believe is much better at crosses.

You could say that Morrison and Wood didn't have Henserson behind them as defensive confidence starts with the goal keeper.

Ben Hamer could look Premier League and League 2 in the same game.
  • Options
    Distribution with feet nowhere near Hamer's

Throwing much better than Hamer's

Like lightning when coming off his line

Not a lot between them but im happier that Hendo doesn't blame every single goal on the defence
  • Options
    I was really impressed with his handling on Saturday, As Adkins said, Reading threw in loads of crosses and corners, but his handling was impeccable, catch after catch in windy, wet conditions.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    We saw Henderson drying the ball before every corner on Saturday...no flapping and every corner dealt with, caught or punched. I've seen Henderson stalling for time when we are 1-0 down, five minutes before half time. He knows we are good enough to regroup and score against anyone.

The simple difference is that Henderson is on a three year deal in a successful team whereas Hamer let his contract run down in a poor squad that had seen better days.
  • Options
    The real question, is he as much of a lad as Hamer? We all know that is as important as how you play.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

The real question, is he as much of a lad as Hamer? We all know that is as important as how you play.

I'd rather Hendo than Ben 'Cheeky Nandos' Hamer
  • Options
    nice touch from Henderson to give some lads a glove each after the game.
  • Options
    In the team of the week. Posted by CAFC on social media.
  • Options
    Had him down as being a possible disappointment when he signed - pleased to be very wrong.