Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Derby post match views 2014/15

Comments

• Options
    From kick-off that was a much more convincing performance than Saturday, we tore at derby from the start. Jackson and wiggins v important contributions which was good to see. And one of the most exciting games we've had for a while, maybe since the Cardiff win. Would have been less stressful last 4 mins if Vertokele could have made it 4-1 before it became 3-2.
  • Options
    Champs85 said:

Did anyone else just watch sky sports news where they showed every game except ours?

Yeah I thought I had just missed ours but maybe not?
  • Options
    We were coasting at 3-1until Pope's blunder and we made Derby look v ordinary in the second half.
    Have signed some real quality and pleased to see Gomez playing so well. I am concerned about the goalkeeping position as Pope doesn't look ready and Henderson hasn't convinced me.
    Wiggins much better tonight.
  • Options
    Champs85 said:

Did anyone else just watch sky sports news where they showed every game except ours?

Rescheduled their programming to show a one hour special to marvel in the majesty of Big Bob's mighty Charlton :-)
  • Options
    Had figured this was gonna be a 1 or 2 goal defeat, very happy to be wrong. We're only on a bloody winning streak!
  • Options

Champs85 said:

Yeah I thought I had just missed ours but maybe not?
    They showed ours before the previous ad break.

• Options
    Just got in, buzzing. Had to bribe my little un to come with as I couldn't face getting a babysitter. Really glad I did. Can see much more of what was getting people excited by Buyens today. Was really pleased especially against a very good looking Derby team who didn't stop attacking.
    That's now 5 goals at home in 2 games, 9 in 3 if you count the C1C. Will we have equalled last season's tally before Xmas? Before the end of October?
    Enjoyed the attitude of the team, not giving up and looking to get forward.
  • Options
    What a great game first and foremost, between two footballing sides played with good spirit.

Some subtle changes despite the team being the same as against Wigan. Jackson played the beyond Buyens and did a lot if closing down along with Vetokele,Tucudean and then Moussa. Will always back our skipper to start games. He brings a number of very important ingredients. A proper footballer.

Gomez is a Rolls Royce player, took his time to settle but then did not get beaten and looked strong going forward. Wiggins better than Saturday and the two CBS strong again. Sometimes they try to play it out a little too much.

Gudmonsen had a hand in the first goal spreading it wide to Cousins who played an incisive ball into George. Neither wide man had their best game today but still did what they needed. Liked George more today. Vetokele works his socks off and is also a danger on the counter attack, glad he got a goal.

First twenty minutes was the most dominant I have seen for a long time. Derby hardly had a touch; how nice to see us do that to a team. However after that they had good spells and are a very tidy team.

Bob encourages and cajoles constantly. He told Gomez to do the tunnel jump.

Pope looked assured but some dodgy kicking. And of course an error for their second goal but we should stick with him.

Great game. Great night. Great result.
  • Options
    I can't remember a game I've ever been to where we've passed so much and looked that comfortable on the ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Champs85 said:

yep
  • Options
    Most accomplished performance i have seen for years (maybe apart from Pope).

Brilliant positive fast-paced stuff.

• Options
    Champs85 said:

We were the first game they showed! What is this world coming to?
  • Options
    I had this moment when I dreamt I came home from the valley, entertained, excited, optimistic and happy. Bikey man of the match with a great all round display.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

We deservedly won against a palpably very good Derby County team, which was wonderfully glorious.

Wonderful Glorious
  • Options
    That was my first taste this season. Garbage, utter dross....
  • Options
    ...joking of course
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Champs85 said:

We were the first game they showed! What is this world coming to?
    Not since 10pm. Skipped straight from arsenal, and an update on the Madrid game, to every championship game except us. I even rewinded just to make sure.
  • Options
    First time i have seen us this season, if that's how we play from now I will be very pleased. I feel there is more to come as well, interesting to see joe jordan was at the game. My guess is they were looking at will hughes not that he impressed in that role.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Cracking stuff - that was the best football we've played for more than two years. We started brightly, as we had against Wigan, and kept the momentum going for much of the game - Pope's impersonation of Charlie Wright aside.

Many qualities to admire: we dug ourselves out of defensive positions without lumping it, advanced quickly through midfield, passed forward accurately and were sharp in attack. Tucudean's goal was well worked from defence, and his mazy run for the penalty a sight to behold. Even Wilson's flick from Jackson's cross to set up the third goal wouldn't have come off last season. Derby are a strong and skilful side, and played very well too.

A thoroughly enjoyable game from start to finish - exhilarating stuff.
  • Options
    I was cautiously optimistic before the start of the season. Never in my wildest fantasies did I dare to imagine we'd see off both Wigan and Derby.

• Options
    redcarter said:

I can't remember a game I've ever been to where we've passed so much and looked that comfortable on the ball.

The whole of the league one title winning season?

Buzzing with the 3points, simply can't expect anything more at this stage, 7pts from the opening 3 is cracking. Johann looked amazing in the first half, and Igor amazing in the second. Wilson changed the game and don't think we'd of won without his presence in the second. Jackson looked up for it. Popey won't sleep well tonight, but this was to be expected for him at his age, surprised we didn't/don't have other back up, teams are going to be peppering the goal if they had scouts at todays game.

Way too early to think about how we're going to go with the season as a whole, but 3 games at the Fortress Valley and 3 wins this season, scoring 9 conceding 3!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Walking away from the valley I thought about how I felt when I walked away from that 2-1 defeat to Barnsley and my word it feels like we have come out leaps and bounds in the matter of months
  • Options
    Playing some superb football. Love the new style of play under Peeters.

Gudmundsson is really impressing me. He has a knack of beating a defender by lifting the ball as he runs. Great passer too and we haven't seen him have a decent shot yet.

Vetokele is making chances for himself and in all three games he's managed to turn a defender and accelerate through. When he gets his shooting right he will be very dangerous. Obviously delighted for George tonight. The run for the penalty was different class.

Buyens looks a class above and the centre half pairing is extremely good in the air.

Beating Wigan and Derby at home is damn impressive.
  • Options
    Am whispering. I think we might have a football team......
  • Options
    redcarter said:

Exactly what I was thinking especially the first 20 minutes it was sublime football and the first goal the icing on the cake

• Options
    Think its going to take a very good team to beat us this season.
  • Options
    Mental result , they better hold some of this form for when I'm back in town
    Sitting in a restaurant in Mallorca and phone flashing up with messages , mrs getting the hump that I'm constantly looking at the phone "it could be the babysitter" was my non convincing cover story ........having a heart attack when i read half a message saying 95th minute equaliser but it was a scum mate mentioning their millwall time goal
    Still can't believe we won but still below them slags

1% top two.........11% 3rd-6th.......... 48% 7th-12th.........40% 13th-21st......... 0% Relegation