Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Norwich Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Cousins has to start in the middle Saturday
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

That loss was down to Luzon. Bad decision to start with Bulot. Bad decision to have Watt on the bench. Bikey needs a break. I'm actually looking forward to seeing Johnson start. Never thought I'd say that when we were being tipped to take him. But anything's better at the moment, and you never know we might stop giving away soft goals.
    Oh, and I also blame the Belgian muppet who put the Israeli muppet in charge. Fuck right off!

Can you be certain Luzon picked the team?
    So you think Bulot back in the team is down to RD? Who else do you think is picking it?
    No, Luzon hasn't got a scooby doo. I think he doesn't start Watt because he doesn't like him particularly. Carry over from SL days.
  • Options
    Just heard Luzon on press conference. Keeps saying we needed more organisation - so who ffs is supposed to makes sure we have organisation. Also saying the fans the team and the club need to stick together - well who tore us apart huh?
  • Options
    It's not the despair.
    It's not the disappointment.
    It's not the hurt.

I can take all of those.

It's the hope!
  • Options
    Started well - then seemed to lose concentration a bit. Gifted them the goals. Bikey very casual at times and lots of individual errors...looked nervous. Second half much better and Watt made a big difference. Need to start V & W on Saturday. Definitely showed some desire in the second half and a few spells of decent football. Great to see a fight back against a very good side with a bench stronger than most... The booing at half time was inevitable - but disappointed with the idiots that booed at the end. Think I saw some signs of hope...
  • Options

A very uncomfortable night apart from 20 minutes in the second half.
    The starting line up was puzzling. Who picket Bulot? I think we all know the answer to that one.
    Our defending was a joke tonight. Bikey needs to be dropped.
    Cousins was the only one interested in the first half, Buyens and Bulot were anonymous liabilities and Jackson was clearly not match fit.
    Second half we were much better thanks to Watt and Harriot but to be frank we couldon't have been much worse. I felt Norwich were always going to get a winner but at keystone showed some fight.
    I'm hoping the goals from our strikers will give them some confidence for Saturday.

Are you suggesting, Beds, that RD is insisting that the players that failed at SL are being played in our side so that he can move them on and get, at least some, money for them?
    Me? Never. ;-)
  • Options
    Truly shocking display littered with mistakes - hard to single out who was the worst player as there were so many candidates.
    Having scraped our way back to 2-2 it was inevitable we would lose and we weren't disappointed.
    The goalkeeper's inability to catch the ball at corners was the icing on the cake.
    The atmosphere at the ground was extremely flat - it's hard to get behind the players when the performance is so inept.
    Waste of an evening....
  • Options
    Shocking, as someone said earlier a couple of goals in the 2nd half only papering over the cracks .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why won't this wank manager start with igor and watt. Wankers I hate them.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

It seems to me, the biggest problem is the team are not fighting for the shirt.

Biggest problem for us is Leeds, Rotherham and Spanners picking up results. When we will be lucky to get draws. We are forgetting how to win when some of our wins were pretty flukey.
  • Options
    First half performance was worst of the season and f*cking terrible decision to start with a lone striker at home. I can't even praise Luzon for changing it at half time as it shouldn't have even reached that point. Brace yourself for the relegation battle
  • Options
    That was a shocking performance in almost every possible way. Except for the 10 minutes when Norwich gave us two goals, we were rubbish in every department. No vision, not able to pass, always looking to go backwards, no desire, the team was set up wrong from the start which allowed Norwich to play through our midfield without a challenge.

Back 4 look hopeless and cannot pass to a player in red. Midfield - nothing. Igor looked better when Watt came on, but the pair of them still gave the ball away far too often, and that is about it (except for a keeper who decides to punch straight to an opposing player instead of catching.)

And what is the point of Bulot? I assume he was playing in some kind of hole, but not one that added any use to anyone. His game summed up by the moment ball played through to Igor who looks round to find him ambling along on the left wing as if he had all the time in the world. He had no idea what he was meant to be doing.

The reality is that much of the problem was how the team was set up. Luzon clearly doesn't have a clue and I suspect he knows it.

Other than that, what a great game.
  • Options
    Dreadful first half with no player wanting the ball. Ben Haim and Bikey look like their playing on ice. Solly was getting murdered and Wiggins is a shadow of the old player. I thought he would replace Solly with Gomez at halftime which would have made sense. The Watt / Ventokele partnership might just save us. Bulot and Buyens are poor players and should never get near the first team. Like Jackson too much to say what I really think tonight. Lucky to lose 2-3 could have been much more.
    We will beat Brentford Saturday.
  • Options
    Glad I didn't go.
  • Options
    We would of been better off appointing the local PE teacher Luzon is CLUELESS
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

2 goals we scored are papering over the cracks, poor from start to finish. Worrying times

Exactly what I said on the way home. Even if they were decent goals too.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2015
    I was helping the Mrs with a job application which got sorted. I managed to keep an eye on the game. 0 shots for the whole of the first half. That is truly woeful. Quite surprised to see the game level at 2-2 but unsurprised to see the Norwich winner. Sorry for all those suffering the pain at the Valley.

Would be interested to hear the amount of Charlton supporters actually attending as opposed to the official attendance.
  • Options

That was shit. First half was like watching the Pardew/Parky side. Second half was a bit better but in the end the best team won. I don't think Norwich were spectacular, I just think they had more confidence and organisation.

we were talking about parky at half time. Although he had limitations, if he was managing at least the players would know what they were meant to do. Luzon has just left them confused. Pass from back or long ball? zonal or man marking? nobody seems to know and everyone is now making mistakes.
  • Options
    2 goals mean jack shit. We were awful for 80 of the 90 mins.

The players looked shellshocked at half time.

Senior pros who didn't want the ball, and usually steady players all over the place.

Johnson needs to hit the ground running and we need minimum 2-3 loans who will go straight in or we are completely screwed.