Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Norwich Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

What was the atmosphere like after we scored?
    No 1 then no 2
    Belief round the ground?
    Rocking atmosphere?

More like disbelief that we had managed to score. Crowd got much louder but not rocking even when the 2nd goal went in.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see if Bulot starts next match. If I were Roland i.e. entirely focused on what I think is right and happy to ignore other opinions, then I'd probably write this season off for survival and tell Luzon to play all the Network players every game to put them in the shop window. Dmitrovic, Bulot, Buyens, they're all saleable assets so for Roland it's probably best that they get put in every week. I would have dropped Buyens a while ago, but you could see why he gets into the team and Dmitrovic is playing ahead of an injured keeper, and by all accounts has done ok, but there's little justification for Bulot being in there again. Wonder if he'll play regardless.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

By the way, hats off to the Norwich supporters who all stood and applauded in the tribute to Bob Snow. Decent bunch, Norwich.

That's another sicken-er you've just reminded me of Davo. Bob Snow, a man that served the club for so long and who was loved and respected by many and part of a club that had a heart. That match was played out in his memory, disgusting performance and an insult to everything he stood for.
  • Options

Just look at his body language, he quite obviously doesn't wan't to be here . What sort of message does that send out to the players? In a strange sort of way i feel a little bit sorry for him.
    I agree. He looks and sounds so uncomfortable. Is it a language thing?.
    His jumping around in his tech. area waving his arms looks a bit strange.
    He certainly does not fill me with any confidence that he can get us out of this slide into relegation.
    I wonder if he communicates better with the players, although on last nights performance obviously not.
    In a funny sort of way I also feel a bit sorry for the bloke. He's appears to be out of his depth.

• Options

Just look at his body language, he quite obviously doesn't wan't to be here . What sort of message does that send out to the players? In a strange sort of way i feel a little bit sorry for him.
    I'm pretty sure that Roland didn't force him to become Charlton manager. If he didn't want to go there, he should have refused. I think that his self-esteem has gone down with the results. He thought he was the new Mourinho and he is proving himself wrong. It's not easy to live with defeats.
  • Options
    Bikey may show some passion but looks physically drained and his lack of pace really showed against Norwich. I do think he should be dropped and be replaced by Johnson or Gomez. Buyens and Jackson isn't working and I can only see Cousins playing centrally as the alternative. The lack of depth in the squad is really taking its toll and sadly I cant see a win in site.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

What was the atmosphere like after we scored?
    No 1 then no 2
    Belief round the ground?
    Rocking atmosphere?

More like disbelief that we had managed to score. Crowd got much louder but not rocking even when the 2nd goal went in.
    that's probably 'cos everyone just knew what was going to happen
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2015

Posted without reading many and I wasn't at the game : (What t f do I know)
    The result was ordained as soon as the team was announced: Only 1 proper striker alongside Bulot who's been away for weeks yet is instantly recalled as if he were a vital component .. 2 changes in defence as well as one enforced change in midfield .. so far as I know only one change was because of injury .. Just how was Luzon expecting yet another new grouping to instantly gel and get it right against one of the better teams in the division ?. Last Saturday's team was outplayed but gave it 100% , so why so many changes ? ..
    I have been very patient with this new regime (as if they or anyone either knows or cares) but now I wish they would all pack up and go back to where they all belong ... but I fear it aint gonna happen until CAFC is totally holed below the waterline and is sinking beyond hope of salvage

Some of the complaints from Liege fans were that Luzon constantly rotated the team.
  • Options
    Roland has happened.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

By the way, hats off to the Norwich supporters who all stood and applauded in the tribute to Bob Snow. Decent bunch, Norwich.

Before calling our town a sh*thole, mocking the size of our attendance. They're a bunch of holier than thous who do nothing but brag about their own fanbase.
  • Options
    excellent post Muttley . I think that the immediate period after Tony Watts came on gives some hope . But that was dashed pretty quickly
  • Options
    Apologies if a lot of this has already been said but a few quick points looking forward (and wouldn't a few quick points be nice):

1. After HT we played our only two effective forwards together. They struck up an understanding and scored a goal each.

2. JC moved inside and had a huge effect on our brief comeback.

3. Buyens can't / won't tackle so is a liability playing deep.

4. The collective resolve and organisation that meant we could just grab an odd goal and defend has long since evaporated. Let them attack and express themselves.

5. Luzon's appointment is an utter farce but humiliating him isn't going to help.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2015
    I don't know whether it is his English but surely organisation is his department. I don't really know what he is talking about when he says 'we run with passion but without organisation'. I wonder whether the players understand what the hell he is talking about as well.

He says he needs the fans to be with us as it is the only way to achieve success. Has he communicated this to Duchatelet ?

NB I have never seen such an owner with the exception of Oyston at Blackpool, Ken Bates everywhere, and maybe Vincent Tan at Cardiff who has made less effort to communicate and made sure their clubs supporters are part of things.

What I see is the dawning on Luzon that basically that Duchatelet has stuffed him and that the whole thing is not going to work. He seems to be resigned to defeat.

• Options
    vff said:

I don't know whether it is his English but surely organisation is his department. I don't really know what he is talking about when he says 'we run with passion but without organisation'. I wonder whether the players understand what the hell he is talking about as well.

He says he needs the fans to be with us as it is the only way to achieve success. Has he communicated this to Duchatelet ?

NB I have never seen such an owner with the exception of Oyston at Blackpool, Ken Bates everywhere, and maybe Vincent Tan at Cardiff who has made less effort to communicate and made sure Charlton supporters are part of things.

What I see is the dawning on Luzon that basically that Duchatelet has stuffed him and that the whole thing is not going to work. He seems to be resigned to defeat.

Headless chickens.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

My mates had come to see Michael Turner and he was dropped from their 18 so came and watched the game with us.
    First thing he said when he came up was "what's going on down here , I've just spoken to a few of your boys in the tunnel and they're not happy with what's going on here"

FFS

• Options

Paddy7 said:

Apologies if a lot of this has already been said but a few quick points looking forward (and wouldn't a few quick points be nice):

5. Luzon's appointment is an utter farce but humiliating him isn't going to help.

what do you expect the fans to do ? We started the match with a lone striker who was at least half a foot shorter and 3 stone lighter than the defender marking him - Igor was never going to get any change from that. The effect was that we never had an attempt on goal during that 45 mins. The fans could see it & told Luzon in no uncertain terms.

Funny then that Luzon changes it at half time, bringing on an extra striker & playing him alongside Igor. On 60 mins he takes off Jackson, moves Cousins inside & puts Hariott out wide - which means a left footed winger on the wing & a midfielder playing in midfield. Round pegs in round holes and a team set up as it should have been from the start............and within 10 mins we have scored 2 goals and have drawn level.

hardly rocket science & what the fans were calling out for from the start. You don't need a coaching badge to see it
    Pretty much what I stated in my other points. So hurling abuse at the man (who I don't want here any more than you) is going to prove more productive than, say, singing Watt's name?

• Options
    First half was as shambolic as it comes, midfield was non existant and i dont think some are even league 1 quality as thats where we WILL be next year. Our football club from top to bottom is a shambles.

The only shining light last night was Watt who genuinely tried and cared he and Ventokele wont be here next year sadly.

I dont think even with relegation we will have bottomed out i honestly believe we are the next Portsmouth.

As some have said even the equaliser was muted as we all knew what was going to happen. They have the extra quality to do what they did with the third goal

All the guys i go with last night stated they didnt feel like coming and i guess at the moment i am only coming as a sense of duty...i have only missed 1 home game since 1998, and that was boxing day against swindon a few years ago as i couldnt get anyone to cover my shift...All i ask from my players is the same loyalty.

Luzin usnt the man for the job we need a decent english manager who knows this division but we all know its rolys way or the highway...that road will soon be league 1.
  • Options
    @ Grapevine

Two weeks ago we were 7-1 to get relegated ( which i lumped on ) and now we are 11-4 which is still massive odds considering we don't have a win in us.
    Even if you don't like betting on Charlton to lose you might as well go and get yourself some compensation money now before we are odds on to go down.

Ha. I did that last March and had @seriously_red on my case for months afterwards. The worrying thing is that I got 13/2....

• Options
    And I've got a tenner on us to finish in the top half.... of the Championship that is. Ever the optimist.
  • Options

Was in the centre circle lounge , the food was good , better than last season but getting our dessert 5 mins before kick off was a bit late so I missed out so I could sing the red red robin and pay respects to Bob Snow
    Luckily for Katrien we were in the seats next to the directors box otherwise she may have heard some foul language

My mates had come to see Michael Turner and he was dropped from their 18 so came and watched the game with us.
    First thing he said when he came up was "what's going on down here , I've just spoken to a few of your boys in the tunnel and they're not happy with what's going on here"
    Something like that anyway cos I was speed drinking and was 5 pints in and out of it !

From the top of the lower west and a bit boozed up , as has been mentioned , both our goals didn't look right bouncing off the advertising boards double quick and the lack of celebrations didn't sort the confusion out that quickly either.

The scum winning confirms what I have thought about them surviving and that leaves wanky old freak show us to take the third relegation spot , cheers Roly you Bell gian twunt

I genuinely believe someone like Curbs would give these players the boost to get out of our current predicament but the Douche has his own wonderful ideas

30% Championship football next season 70% League One depression beckons

"5 pints in".
    You! Really?
  • Options
    3.5 pints in then including spillage and dropping shoulder ... i wanted to sound a bit tough , you got me !
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

se9addick said:

What does Joe Gomez have to do to get game time ? Solly shouldn't be playing two games in three days, Bikey shouldn't be playing full stop yet Gomez sits on the bench.

Not sure I'd want to risk whatever confidence Gomez has by chucking him into this situation.

Joe doesn't seem to me to be the sort who'd be short on confidence. He's played well in other games when the team hasn't and he is calm, composed and doesn't ever panic when on the ball. He should be in the side on a more regular basis. We were not doing too well last season and it didn't affect a certain Mr Poyet too much if I recall.

• Options
    Joe Gomez would be fine. Lack of confidence typically creeps in when you genuinely don't think you're up to the task (stating the obvious, I know). The amount of ability he has ensures that shouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

And I've got a tenner on us to finish in the top half.... of the Championship that is. Ever the optimist.

Bloody hell me to...took the bet on in September....what a nutter I look now!!