Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Norwich Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Just a lack of confidence. Most of them are good players. They need a good manager to put an arm round them and just give them confidence.
  • Options

Things must be bad when I'm looking at Roger Johnson for hope.

I'm genuinely exactly the same, I think this is one of our last remaining hopes. A vocal player coming in, being solid and raising the performance of those around him.

Pinning our hopes on a bloke with a questionable attitude who hasn't played for 12 months....
  • Options

Just a lack of confidence. Most of them are good players. They need a good manager to put an arm round them and just give them confidence.

Where will this good manager appear from?
  • Options

2 goals we scored are papering over the cracks, poor from start to finish. Worrying times

The first half was an absolute shocker, Norwich should have been 3 up comfortably.

We did well to get back to 2-2, but unfortunately it was not to be.

Norwich just seemed to stroll through our midfield and looked capable of scoring each time they went forward.

Buyens was woeful and can get the next Eurostar back to Liege as far as I am concerned. Oh yeah, take Meire with you Mr Buyens.
  • Options

Oh wow, what a painful truth!

• Options
    Watt definitely had his best (half) game for us, that was one small positive.

Bikey was shocking, the signing of Roger Johnson may prove to be good business...
  • Options
    Ridiculous. Watching that I was constantly thinking, this is ridiculous.

Let me just ignore the pointless long ball tactic, which was daft. But the players lack of ability to control a football, to tackle, to pass to each other and to actually look like they give a shit was ridiculous.

Bikey looks mentally shot, it was his fault for the 3rd, he goes up to try and bully/compete with Jerome for a header at the halfway line. Loses out and then chugs back and by the time Jerome has scored the header he is slumping and shrugging 10 yards behind him, why hasn't he bust a bollock to get back. Awful. He needs to be dropped.

The powder puff tackles meaning we lost out on 50/50's all over the pitch was not acceptable.

Norwich were better, they have good players and played good passing when they needed to. They didn't need to up the pace, we just werent threatening.

I am worried, we can't hope for others to drop points and for us to score undeserving goals every week. We need a game plan, the players need direction, they need confidence, where is that coming from?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Brentford :-)
  • Options

We normally look to you for hope Gary
  • Options

I had forgotten about him. I am now full of hope and joy.
  • Options
    I thought the midfield and forwards worked very hard at pressing high up the pitch first half and we were let down by the defence. Solly was very poor and is obviously not up to two games in quick succession and was completly at fault for the first. The second was a joke. Managers talk about gifting goals, but surely it has never been so true as tonight.Norwich well deserved their first half lead and we did not manage one attempt on goal.

Watt coming on gave a lift to everyone and shows what two strikers can do. Norwich defence looked slow and we scored 2 good goals.

Nice to hear the support when we started to get on top. They bought on Jerome. Says it all.

Much better attitude from the players but the defenders look totally short of confidence. Bikey droped for Saturday with Gomez in unless Johnson fit.

Cousins m.o.m.
  • Options

I'd guess Belgium
    In the words of Zaphod Beeblebox "Oh, Belgium man! Belgium!"
  • Options
    where is Ian Dowie when you need him?
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Brentford :-)
    Dafter things have been said in jest, if Roly had any sense, and his finger on the pulse he'd go get him.

• Options
    I said last week if Luzon didn't start Igor and Tony Watt together i would have a word. So I did .

If you saw a chap with a Ranulph fiennes jacket sticking two fingers at Guy that was me. In a Churchill way, meaning play 2 strikers at home.

I just said play them together and they will score !
    He looked straight at me, i think he got the message.

Thank fuck they didn't let me down.

The 1st half was as bad if not worse than Watford.

The 2nd half because we had the extra forward we nearly went 3-2 up,
    The defense who had been poor all night, finally gave Norwich what they deserved which was 3 points.

We are really in the brown stuff now.

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

After watching that I'm struggling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fumbluff said:

Probs leaves @cafcnick1992 on his own then in his shiny new seat :smile:
  • Options
    The only hope is that if some quality loans arrive. If not Charlton this season are toast. Thanks Roland Duchatelet. Out of the frying pan into the fire with Duchatelet taking over the club.
  • Options

That is the only thing.
  • Options
    Up until tonight I was confident that despite the bad run we would do enough to avoid the drop but now I think our chances of avoiding relegation are 50/50 at best with some of our rivals picking up points whereas we can't by a win at present. The first half was awful and although we improved a bit after the break we gave away our customary cheap late goal and ended up with nothing which to be honest is what we deserved. Why Watt didn't start upfront with Vetokele I have no idea as he undoubtably made a difference when he came on. We can hardly be confident of a positive result against Brentford and are looking more and more like a team destined for the drop.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Norwich manager Alex Neil on Charlton v Norwich (BBC Sport website):

"It was a good performance, but there were two moments of slack passing from us and we got punished twice. Then we had to force the issue to win a game that should have been out of sight. We got punished and 2-2 was really a travesty, so thankfully Cameron came on and managed to get the winner. I have told the players I wasn't happy with the slackness that has [almost] cost us - against the better teams we are not going to get away with that."

Ouch.
  • Options
    To get back to 2-2 was daylight robbery but then that useless twat Bikey runs 20 yards gets side on to a header and manoeuvred off the ball out of position and his 'man scores #wanker. We are gone history, without a question, this season feels like our last relegation from this division all over again.Roland don't give a shit if we go down so that's it, never mind this is Charlton.
  • Options
    Did anyone see the row between JBG and a fan or two in the North Lower?

Fans and players arguing is just about summing us up at the moment.....
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

@ValleyGary mate, some aspects of tonight were a step up from some other recent performances of late. That was the point I clumsily tried to make fortnight ago, you need to have seen this to understand just how the same squad have completely and utterly regressed from the same one four months ago.
  • Options
    Luzon out. It's the only way we might just stay up. He is clueless, been here a month and I think we've actually got worse.

That was awful and unfortunately the 2 goals we somehow scored will give Luzon another chance. How many misplaced passes can a team make?

Do we work on set pieces at all? Or is passing the ball back into our own half count.

So many basic and tactical errors. I fully expect the same Saturday.

I will be a happy man if I see Guy Luzon is sacked tomorrow morning, but then I fully expect Roland to make another awful decision