Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Norwich Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

It seems to me, the biggest problem is the team are not fighting for the shirt.

That and the fact that they're just fucking shit.
  • Options
    HandG said:

I've had a few beers .

You're telling me. I could barely get a word in, lol :-)
  • Options
    vff said:

I was helping the Mrs with a job application which got sorted. Sorry for all those suffering the pain at the Valley. What was the crowd attendance like ?

16,000 and a few apparently. They brought 2500 but didn't look close to 13500 in the home areas. Guessing we were a couple of thousand down on that.
  • Options

First half performance was worst of the season and f*cking terrible decision to start with a lone striker at home. I can't even praise Luzon for changing it at half time as it shouldn't have even reached that point. Brace yourself for the relegation battle

Relegation wimper more like!!
  • Options
    Official 15094 (Approx 2500 Norwich) Actual less than 12000
  • Options
    could have been 4 by half time.

players actually looked like they did not know what they were doing in 1st half. one free kick we had in their half and half the team were on opposite touch lines with 2 in the box!

at corners why are we not leaving anyone on the half way line?

agree that back 4 were poor.

still think our biggest problem is midfield, it is just not good enough.

Watt did well and Vetokele benefited from him being on the pitch.

we need a player like Jerome.
  • Options
    One word for us at the moment - Flaky.

If we take the lead (phnar, phnar) you are just waiting for us to surrender it.

If we go behind you just expect the deficit to increase.

And on the uber-rare occasion we do show a bit of bottle, you don't expect it to last more than a few minutes and for it to ultimately not be enough to secure anything from the game.

It was totally predictable we'd end up losing it 3-2. I just have no faith in them at the moment and I don't think they believe in themselves anymore.

The difference between the two matches vs Norwich perfectly sums up our problems. We were out played in both games, but in one we fought hard and got a lucky break. In the other we showed only a modicum of fight and got deservedly beat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Official 15094 (Approx 2500 Norwich) Actual less than 12000

I reckon the actual was well less than 10k. Looking at the East, I would be astounded if the turnstile count was more than 1,500, and I reckon I'm being generous.
  • Options
    Blimey where do we start!
    First half was littered with mistakes and even the ever promising and point of hope that is Chris solly didn't look bothered , and their first goal showed that!
    Felt sorry for the goalie for the second as he had to make a call to whether bikey is likely to make the challenge (based on the game so far he was right to come out), and then the obvious chip!

Second half Watt come on an immediately improves our shape upfront and is a presence causing problems (Igor was never going to be effective against their #30) . 20-30 mins of hope and positivity from the player and fans soon down the drain as bikey comes racing out to meet the ball to air kick/hear it (no , I don't know either!) and Cameron jerome shows his class!

Complete lack of desire from every player bar cousins in the first half and only a few redeed themselves the second half!

Special mention to the awful referee who was an utter disgrace tonight , his decisions seemed very one sided and laughable at times...

At least there's some laughter in the fans still (if you don't laugh , you'll cry I guess) after the pathetic Bradley Johnson yelp and dive , and deserved the abuse/ screams aimed at him
    By the east stand!

There's a glimmer of hope still in me , God knows how long that will last!

COYR!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Glad I'm not about saturday, to be honest. Made plans, not sure whether intentional or not!

I feel for Igor. Really do. You start one up top. We play long (he's got a leap, yes, not gonna work, was obvious after first ten mins), we don't play down the channels, don't play it to his feet (when we do, it's so hard, it's difficult to control), so I'm not surprised he hasn't hit the net before today. Saying that, amazing he scored today, albeit a tap in, amazing what happens when you stick two up top and give BOTH their CBs something to think about. Two CBs against one forward. Meat and drink for them.

If by some revelation, Igor gets possession, what does he do? Look up? No one about. Our CMs sit far too deep, the other three seem to just float behind.

We fail to put our own players in the oppositions box, it's quite incredible. Seriously. The next game, watch our movement in the final third. It's so static its embarrassing and predictable.

I'm not there saturday, and I hope we win, and I get pelters from everyone. I'm usually quite optimistic, but it's starting to f*** me off how easy we are to defend against.

Sorry for rambling. Just had to vent.
  • Options
    Embarrassing, as others said we got two due to Norwich thinking it was over and taking their foot off the gas (although it didn't need much to beat that shite)
    Yes we got two but it's papered over the cracks and made it look more competitive than it really was.
    You could pick faults with the majority of that starting eleven tonight but for me what really fucked me off was lack of fight and taking ownership, the one example that comes to mind was that free kick we had in the first half in their half and everyone walked away from it not wanting to take on responsibility. Pathetic!
    As for centre backs, Morro must be laughing up in brum, seeing their true colours now
  • Options
    I don't mind being beaten if we show some effort and fight. However, that 1st half was plain awful. The 2nd half Luzon must have told the players to lump it forward quickly. In a nutshell, we are a shambles
  • Options

I'm on the train on the way home listening to a bunch of glory hunters Arsenal fans moaning about how they just scraped past Leicester tonight.
    " Wenger is clueless " " Ozil is crap ".
    I'm just sitting here laughing at them on the inside.
    Wankers

Same here. Moaning about only winning most of their games...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2015

That was shit. First half was like watching the Pardew/Parky side. Second half was a bit better but in the end the best team won. I don't think Norwich were spectacular, I just think they had more confidence and organisation.

we were talking about parky at half time. Although he had limitations, if he was managing at least the players would know what they were meant to do. Luzon has just left them confused. Pass from back or long ball? zonal or man marking? nobody seems to know and everyone is now making mistakes.
    Parky in his 17 game not winning run was busy reconstructing a team. Charlton didn't win not through lack of organisation then but due to the lack of quality on the pitch. The Charlton team at the end of the season on a sunny day to beat Norwich 4-2. In League One, Charlton won the first 6 games of the season. I cannot see the same happening again this time.
  • Options

HandG said:

I've had a few beers .

You're telling me. I could barely get a word in, lol :-)

bloody cheek! Although that is the first time I've managed three pints between halves.....

Nice chat though-see you at Cardiff? :-)
  • Options
    RD has got me so hacked off i'm thinking of cancelling my Sky TV only got it for the football but now i have lost interest in any football :-(
  • Options
    When does the cricket season start?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2015
    addick05 said:

When you have an owner who clearly couldn't give a toss combine that with players who also don't give a toss....my question? Why should we give a toss? The two goals we scored shouldn't fool anyone...certainly anyone who was there tonight. I cannot remember any Charlton team so clearly demonstrating to all and sundry that most of them clearly don't want to be here, which I can understand 'cos I don't want them here either!

We are in the hands of an owner who will listen to no one (and that includes the Trust) Go ahead chaps, have your meeting...have several meetings...the end result will be the same - you can't bargain, cajole or threaten the man (ask the Liege fans).

If, as is likely, we go down I will be calling it a day after some 45 years. I have lost my love for the club, it's not Charlton anymore, in fact I don't know what it is. Could anyone enlighten me as to just exactly what our beloved Belgian seeks to achieve in the long term? If as reported he "doesn't care about winning or losing" just why the f**k does he purchase football clubs?

IMO, Duchatelet is either utterly incompetent and clueless regarding football, Charlton is a tax write off , or he wants to get his hands on the real estate of the Valley and is trying to decimate the supporter base first. Which ever way there is no good outcome for the club.
  • Options
    Positives Watt scored his first hopefully he gan go on a goalscoring run.. vetokele got his first in ages hope he can find some form.. They linked up well together up top..

Other than that not much... its gonna take more than a football for a fiver deal to full the valley although I am bringing about ten mates with me so hope we put out a reasonable performance...
  • Options
    was'nt able to go tonight,reading these comments just confirms what i was expecting;sounds like the team have lost their spirit possibly due to the complete farce of how the club is being run and the continued run of poor results and fans frustrations.
    I cant remember such a period of low esteem and it really saddens me to see how its affecting nearly everyone at the club apart from the horse blinkered ownership regime.
    I really dont feel like putting another penny in that mans pocket while he and his sidekicks continue to screw our club up,i think thats the only language he understands and would probably be the only way of gettinghim to sit up and start taking some critique.
    I think i'll wait until Huddersfield come down at least it will nice to see Chris Powell again and give him a top reception.