Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Norwich Post Match Views

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    WSS said:

My mates had come to see Michael Turner and he was dropped from their 18 so came and watched the game with us.
    First thing he said when he came up was "what's going on down here , I've just spoken to a few of your boys in the tunnel and they're not happy with what's going on here"

FFS

Surely no-one can think the players are happy with the situation over the last year?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options

Not much to add to what others have posted except to say that one positive to take from tonight is the promising partnership of Watt & Igor. How long since we had 2 strikers scoring in the same match ? Surely they must both start on Saturday !

Other than that, I echo the view that Buyens is NOT what we need in midfield. So many times I thought he was going to put in a challenge but he didn't. So many times I wondered who he was marking. And so many times he resembled that old favourite- the headless chicken. If only Coquelin could have stayed. With him in the side, our midfield had begun to look decent. So many "if onlys" this season.....

At one point, with what remained of the faithful following Norwich's 2nd goal starting to ramp up the noise, I REALLY felt this could be another Cardiff but alas, it was not meant to be.

So, we move on to Saturday, and Brentford. Another very difficult game of course but one we must get something from if we are to stay above the bottom 3.

3 days remain for GL to work on the positives, the negatives and the morale of this squad of players - we can only hope they are all pulling in the same direction and are up for the fight for survival.

But I also hope that our fans turn out in numbers to support the lads - this is not the time or place to show our displeasure with the way our Club is being managed ( or should that be mismanaged ? ) For 90+ minutes we need to do our bit to lift the players - the time to confront RD & co will come. Right now, our mission, should we choose to accept it, is to support our team in its fight to avoid the drop. On matchdays, that should be not only the aim of those who wear the shirt but of those who sit in the home areas.

PLEASE try to keep the faith a bit longer.

Great post Fanny my sentiments exactly.
    Need to get behind the boys and as you say RD and co time will come.
    Thanks, pal.

Wonder if we could get RD interested in tiddlywinks ?

• Options
    This season stinks of 2008/09.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Davo55 said:

By the way, hats off to the Norwich supporters who all stood and applauded in the tribute to Bob Snow. Decent bunch, Norwich.

That's another sicken-er you've just reminded me of Davo. Bob Snow, a man that served the club for so long and who was loved and respected by many and part of a club that had a heart. That match was played out in his memory, disgusting performance and an insult to everything he stood for.
    Have to admit that I had a lump in my throat during the minute's applause & thought " This one's for you, Bob "

Now, I can only apologise...

• Options

Just look at his body language, he quite obviously doesn't wan't to be here . What sort of message does that send out to the players? In a strange sort of way i feel a little bit sorry for him.
    I agree. He looks and sounds so uncomfortable. Is it a language thing?.
    His jumping around in his tech. area waving his arms looks a bit strange.
    He certainly does not fill me with any confidence that he can get us out of this slide into relegation.
    I wonder if he communicates better with the players, although on last nights performance obviously not.
    In a funny sort of way I also feel a bit sorry for the bloke. He's appears to be out of his depth.

We COULD send Guy a personal invitation to next Weds' meeting....

Maybe he's as p*ssed off with the network as we are.

• Options

Just look at his body language, he quite obviously doesn't wan't to be here . What sort of message does that send out to the players? In a strange sort of way i feel a little bit sorry for him.
    I agree. He looks and sounds so uncomfortable. Is it a language thing?.
    His jumping around in his tech. area waving his arms looks a bit strange.
    He certainly does not fill me with any confidence that he can get us out of this slide into relegation.
    I wonder if he communicates better with the players, although on last nights performance obviously not.
    In a funny sort of way I also feel a bit sorry for the bloke. He's appears to be out of his depth.

We COULD send Guy a personal invitation to next Weds' meeting....

Maybe he's as p*ssed off with the network as we are.
    Good idea Fanny- but will any of us understand what he is saying?
    I would struggle.

• Options

Paddy7 said:

Apologies if a lot of this has already been said but a few quick points looking forward (and wouldn't a few quick points be nice):

5. Luzon's appointment is an utter farce but humiliating him isn't going to help.

what do you expect the fans to do ? We started the match with a lone striker who was at least half a foot shorter and 3 stone lighter than the defender marking him - Igor was never going to get any change from that. The effect was that we never had an attempt on goal during that 45 mins. The fans could see it & told Luzon in no uncertain terms.

Funny then that Luzon changes it at half time, bringing on an extra striker & playing him alongside Igor. On 60 mins he takes off Jackson, moves Cousins inside & puts Hariott out wide - which means a left footed winger on the wing & a midfielder playing in midfield. Round pegs in round holes and a team set up as it should have been from the start............and within 10 mins we have scored 2 goals and have drawn level.

hardly rocket science & what the fans were calling out for from the start. You don't need a coaching badge to see it
    We can but hope that he learnt something from last night & will not make the same mistake again.

TBH I'm not holding my breath....

• Options
    The Red Robin Member
    8:12AM edited 8:22AM Said:

''Bikey and Buyens need to be dropped and never play again for Charlton. They've both been awful / not interested for weeks now and last night was even worse than usual. Total waste of space, the two of them. Bulot? Well...bloody hell. How is he a footballer?''

Agree with you 100%. I fear that it's getting too late to turn this season round, we are the Blackpool of last season.
    Would rather see an unfit Henderson than Dmitrovic! Also Gomez for Bikey and fit in an unfit Roger Johnson, surely
    he can't do much worse than our present central defenders.
  • Options
    Maybe it's not helping by English not being his first language but Luzon can hardly be motivating anybody can he?

Incidently after the fall out of the players with Peeters has anybody heard what the players think of our latest head coach ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not much to add to what others have posted except to say that one positive to take from tonight is the promising partnership of Watt & Igor. How long since we had 2 strikers scoring in the same match ? Surely they must both start on Saturday !

Other than that, I echo the view that Buyens is NOT what we need in midfield. So many times I thought he was going to put in a challenge but he didn't. So many times I wondered who he was marking. And so many times he resembled that old favourite- the headless chicken. If only Coquelin could have stayed. With him in the side, our midfield had begun to look decent. So many "if onlys" this season.....

At one point, with what remained of the faithful following Norwich's 2nd goal starting to ramp up the noise, I REALLY felt this could be another Cardiff but alas, it was not meant to be.

So, we move on to Saturday, and Brentford. Another very difficult game of course but one we must get something from if we are to stay above the bottom 3.

3 days remain for GL to work on the positives, the negatives and the morale of this squad of players - we can only hope they are all pulling in the same direction and are up for the fight for survival.

But I also hope that our fans turn out in numbers to support the lads - this is not the time or place to show our displeasure with the way our Club is being managed ( or should that be mismanaged ? ) For 90+ minutes we need to do our bit to lift the players - the time to confront RD & co will come. Right now, our mission, should we choose to accept it, is to support our team in its fight to avoid the drop. On matchdays, that should be not only the aim of those who wear the shirt but of those who sit in the home areas.

PLEASE try to keep the faith a bit longer.

Wholeheartedly agree, Fanny.

The owner, CEO and to a certain extent our Head Coach don't have my support (that's slipping fast), but the team do.

It's easy to slag the lads off but we really don't know the full details of what's going on behind the scenes. I for one don't think that any of them are setting out to be crap, but there must be reasons why they are not playing as a team - and I don't think it's the players themselves. I suspect Jackson, Solly and Wilson are having a tough time trying to keep everyone else together. All the team should be playing for the shirt, but I guess if the owner of the shirt is undermining things, then it's not exactly the same thing to play for.

We need to play our part in sticking up for them, whilst making our displeasure clear about the management of CAFC through initiatives like the public meeting next week.

I'll be there until the end of the season, whether we stay up or sink, and I intend to be back in 2015/16 regardless.
    Doesn't stop me being pissed off, though. I'll simply be pissed off with a nice shiny seat to park my backside on..... ;-)
  • Options

This season stinks of 2008/09.

ish
  • Options
    Reading some of the post match views from the last time we went this many games without winning.
  • Options
    Finished that season exactly halfway. Think we'd all settle for that this time around, especially with Reading winning tonight. 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Reading some of the post match views from the last time we went this many games without winning.
    Isn't the current edition depressing enough for you? 
    Actually found it comforting. Horrendous runs like this don’t last, and don’t always define a season.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Actually found it comforting. Horrendous runs like this don’t last, and don’t always define a season.
    Was just saying similar to my son. Teams just above us like Shrewsbury & Burton could quite easily only win 1 of their next 8 & pick up just 4 or 5 points. We, on the other hand, could quite easily pick up 10 or 12 points between now & Easter. Bad runs have to end sometime.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Was just saying similar to my son. Teams just above us like Shrewsbury & Burton could quite easily only win 1 of their next 8 & pick up just 4 or 5 points. We, on the other hand, could quite easily pick up 10 or 12 points between now & Easter. Bad runs have to end sometime.
    I need a lie down. WTF
  • Options
    ±Callumcafc said:
    cfgs said:
    I need a lie down. WTF
    I read that and thought fuck off Callum with your optimistic bullshit we could quite easily get 4 or 5 points and (insert pub team name here) could end up with 10 to 12 points ….
    then I read what you said , double took and it’s Golfie ffs the end of the world is nigh …