Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Poll for election

Comments

• Options
    Charlton life... You really are mad... Ed Milliband as prime minister... ED MILLIBAND.... EDWARD FLIPPING MILLIBAND????
  • Options
    Labour
  • Options

What page is the first one on?

The results page 7
  • Options
    Green
  • Options

Labour - though disappointed Ed Miliband not shown his face on my street as he is my MP!

Surely that's a bonus ?

• Options

Thanks Sadie. Charlton Life really is red :0)

Not really:

Lab + Green = 43%
    Tory + UKIP = 43%

• Options
    edited May 2015

Was that Steve Coogan thing a joke,

This is worse than Millwall staying up

Never been so scared about our country

Likewise Tim, for polar opposite reasons...
  • Options
    Still Labour, BTW...
  • Options
    Honestly, the amount of SNP supporters on here is amazing.

A vote for Labour, is a vote for a minority losers government with Sturgeon holding the strings on a vote by vote basis.

If Ed jumps in to bed with Jimmy Krankie, how many will then regret believing him that he would leave the SNP alone?

The country is heading down the pan.
  • Options
    There is no way he is going to do that. He will try to rely on them voting against any Tory attempt at government and for him by default - but there won't and can't be given his clear stance any pacts. It would do the Labour party too much damage going forwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A vote for Labour, is a vote for a minority losers government with Sturgeon holding the strings on a vote by vote basis.

If Ed jumps in to bed with Jimmy Krankie, how many will then regret believing him that he would leave the SNP alone?

It'll have to come back up first.

• Options
    Genuinely cannot believe how many people would be happy with Ed Milliband running the country. It's seriously worrying, and if he gets in then god help us all.

• Options
    Green
  • Options

There is no way he is going to do that. He will try to rely on them voting against any Tory attempt at government and for him by default - but there won't and can't be given his clear stance any pacts. It would do the Labour party too much damage going forwards.

But if he doesn't rely on SNP support to push votes through, then we will have deadlock.
  • Options

But if he doesn't rely on SNP support to push votes through, then we will have deadlock.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32542765

I think he's firmly committed on this one.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

So you are saying:

1) Tories back in power in some form
    2) Another election ASAP (or both)

I dont want the Conservatives to form any kind of minority government. I would rather they walk away. Whoever tries to run as a minority will be scarred for a generation by the chaos that ensues.
  • Options
    SNP won't want a second election as they could lose MPs back to Labour the second time around.

That'll be enough (along with keeping the Tories out) for Labour and SNP to be able to work together vote by vote.
  • Options

SNP won't want a second election as they could lose MPs back to Labour the second time around.

That'll be enough (along with keeping the Tories out) for Labour and SNP to be able to work together vote by vote.

Two issues. One - Milliband loses all credibility with the voters and makes Labour unelectable when we go back to the polls.

Two - that is unstable and holds the rest of the UK at the mercy of Salmond and Sturgeon.
  • Options

cabbles said:

So you are saying:

1) Tories back in power in some form
    2) Another election ASAP (or both)

I dont want the Conservatives to form any kind of minority government. I would rather they walk away. Whoever tries to run as a minority will be scarred for a generation by the chaos that ensues.
    I think so Damo. I can't see him back tracking after that (famous last words).
  • Options
    Milliband said he won't compromise on any of his policies but that could mean he could still work with SNP 100% under his terms, he would refuse another in out referendum and wouldn't compromise trident so SNP would practically be redundant by their terms. Question is would sturgeon sacrifice most of her policies that don't tune with labours in order to get the Tories out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Just voted
  • Options
    Milliband will be for the UK, what Dowie was for Charlton, a disaster. In a couple of years time people will be wishing they had stuck with Cameron in the same way Charlton wished they had stuck with Curbs.

• Options

Milliband will be for the UK, what Dowie was for Charlton, a disaster. In a couple of years time people will be wishing they had stuck with Cameron in the same way Charlton wished they had stuck with Curbs.

I always think I know which way someone would vote by the way in which they spell the Leader of the Opposition's name.

• Options
    UKIP
  • Options
    Conservative
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I always think I know which way someone would vote by the way in which they spell the Leader of the Opposition's name.

I thought I'd make it easy for SJ
  • Options
    edited May 2015

People excluding the poor, disabled, unemployed and graduates presumably.

I am voting Labour, will have no impact in Orpington but hopefully will in the overall count.
  • Options
    The UKIP share on the sticky is scary.
  • Options
    We had a relative high percentage too
  • Options
    Pretty sure I clicked the Red button thinking I was voting Labour!