Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Poll for election

Comments

• Options

Pretty sure I clicked the Red button thinking I was voting Labour!

On what?
  • Options
    Labour for me
  • Options
    SE9SE9
    edited May 2015

The UKIP share on the sticky is scary.

Why?
  • Options
    brogib said:

On what?
    On the poll at the top of the page.
  • Options
    We are a tory Board!

Tho did you deliberately put the colours the wrong way round.
  • Options
    Now that the working population is beginning to head home and get their votes in we should see the Tories steam ahead.
  • Options

brogib said:

On what?
    You can't see a colour before you click on it can you?
  • Options

brogib said:

On what?
    You can't see a colour before you click on it can you?
    I must be seeing things then! Could have sworn I clicked a red button.
  • Options
    The colours on the graph are all mixed up and wrong. It's making me very itchy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I nearly did too. Some underhand tactics going on from AFKA me thinks !
  • Options
    EastStand said:

The colours on the graph are all mixed up and wrong. It's making me very itchy.

Yep should come with an OCD warning.
  • Options

How do you see colours on the vote buttons ?

On the vote options there are no colours, just circles to click in and words next to it. I'll never dispute the lack of intelligence on this forum but I was confident the click next to word approach wouldn't prove too traumatic.

Sorry about the colours, had I known option1 is defaulted to red and option2 to blue I would have changed the ordering. Can't do nowt now

• Options
    PL54 said:

Now that the working population is beginning to head home and get their votes in we should see the Tories steam ahead.

Why? Because only workers vote Conservative? And only the unemployed and feckless vote Labour? Well I'm a worker, have been for the past twenty four years and I never have/never will vote Conservative. I may be the exception but I seriously doubt it.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Genuinely cannot believe how many people would be happy with Ed Milliband running the country. It's seriously worrying, and if he gets in then god help us all.

Genuinely cannot believe how many people would be happy with Cameron continuing to ride roughshod over the poorest and most vulnerable in society while doing everything he can to feather the already bulging nests of the richest. It's seriously worrying that people are unable to see that.
  • Options

How do you see colours on the vote buttons ?

On the vote options there are no colours, just circles to click in and words next to it. I'll never dispute the lack of intelligence on this forum but I was confident the click next to word approach wouldn't prove too traumatic.

Sorry about the colours, had I known option1 is defaulted to red and option2 to blue I would have changed the ordering. Can't do nowt now

Typical response by the ruling class. Blame the uneducated masses for the mess they create.

• Options

Genuinely cannot believe how many people would be happy with Ed Milliband running the country. It's seriously worrying, and if he gets in then god help us all.

Genuinely cannot believe how many people would be happy with Cameron continuing to ride roughshod over the poorest and most vulnerable in society while doing everything he can to feather the already bulging nests of the richest. It's seriously worrying that people are unable to see that.
    blimey. have visions of Cameron riding through the villages like Henry IIIV and his cronies rape and pillaging the peasants.

Genuine question Algarve (and i'm not digging on the living abroad front), but what exposure have you had to over the last few years to UK public services, social housing, elderly care, health, education, special needs / disability services and how much materially worse is your experience than what was on offer 10-15 years ago?

I don't support any political party and change my vote almost every election. But from the experiences i've had in all those aspects, your statement above is just ridiculous and completely blinkered. If that was actually occurring there would be widespread public uproar. It is people's general nature that they feel things have got worse / things aren't the same as they used to be. There is always more than can be done.

The main reason this election is so tight is because the opposition party havn't got enough clear evidencial arguments that the widespread public feel that the current party in power has failed on.

Can I just say that I have recent experience of all of those things and more and it is substantially worse than it was 5 years ago. I'm genuinely petrified of snother Tory government.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well each to their own Sadie, my experiences have been completely different.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone's bought a copy of the Mirror today eh algarve :smirk:

Wrong on so many levels and speaking as one of those who is now paying a fortune more in tax than I was under labour to help those less fortunate I can testify that Cameron definitely is making higher earners more than pay their way.

This country was a basket case economically 5 years ago
  • Options
    Spoilt paper
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I can testify that Cameron definitely is making higher earners more than pay their way.

THIS 100%. Are there any Labour supporters out there who STILL feel higher earners are not taxed enough?
  • Options
    Anyone who says "I will never vote labour" or "I will never vote Conservative" is politically illiterate.
  • Options

I can testify that Cameron definitely is making higher earners more than pay their way.

THIS 100%. Are there any Labour supporters out there who STILL feel higher earners are not taxed enough?
    Yes

• Options
    edited May 2015

Yes

So you think I should lose more than half my earnings in take home?

On my desk is a picture of my two kids. Not a picture of half the UK. I have fought for success for my childrens future. I accept that I pay into a pot to support the country we live in - but there is a bloody limit.

Thats why I am so passionate about this election. And thats why selling the home, taking the equity and savings, and taking it away from the UK would be a serious option. That's my kids future.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Spoilt paper

How are you dear chap ? Your absence has been noted.
  • Options

Yes

On my desk is a picture of my two kids. Not a picture of half the UK. I have fought for success for my childrens future. I accept that I pay into a pot to support the country we live in - but there is a bloody limit.

Thats why I am so passionate about this election. And thats why selling the home, taking the equity and savings, and taking it away from the UK would be a serious option. That's my kids future.
    No! But I don't think the poorest in society should be left to die either. X
  • Options

Yes

I shouldn't be surprised if they would like to take 90%. But on the bright side, think of all the tax credits, you could claim back :smiley:
  • Options

Yes

No! But I don't think the poorest in society should be left to die either. X
    Post was in response to SHG stating that people in the £100-150k bracket dont pay enough tax. Paying more means over 50% hence why I asked if anyone thought that was fair.

As you have said, its not fair.