Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Poll for election

Comments

• Options
    brogib said:

Finding it mildly amusing that the Labour suporters are flapping that much that they're resorting to saying they clicked on the wrong button coz of the colour!

Pmsl, it's only for fun and it ain't over yet, you could still win

You do realise the sticky poll is not the real vote?
  • Options
    We're catching up ;-)
  • Options

brogib said:

Finding it mildly amusing that the Labour suporters are flapping that much that they're resorting to saying they clicked on the wrong button coz of the colour!

Yeah, that's why I said it was just for fun,

......now tell me more about when you clicked the red botton? Meh
  • Options
    brogib said:

You have heard of a concept called humour ? I can recommend it.

• Options

Supporting Labour is like making love to a beautiful woman.......

A great idea in theory but all over in 3 minutes and then you're left in a little puddle of sticky stuff ?
  • Options
    edited May 2015

brogib said:

You have heard of a concept called humour ? I can recommend it.

Seeing as I'm, what is, basically a chilled out entertainer meself, I do appreciate a good bit of comedy. But for this, I'm afraid I'm still waiting for the punchline SHG pal
  • Options
    PL54 said:

A great idea in theory but all over in 3 minutes and then you're left in a little puddle of sticky stuff ?

Little puddle?!? You speak for yourself. Some of us make Peter North look like a teaspoon man.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Little puddle?!? You speak for yourself. Some of us make Peter North look like a teaspoon man.
    You should try creating puddles more than once very 5 years
  • Options
    The best polls are the bookies - just checked Paddy Power - Miliband to be PM 4/5, Cameron Evens.
  • Options
    brogib said:

Wooosh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    brogib said:

brogib said:

Yeah, that's why I said it was just for fun,

......now tell me more about when you clicked the red botton? Meh
    You must have walked away from your PC because it seems a 9 year old girl has started posting under your name.
  • Options
    ...and now trying to style it out by saying they were only joking. Oh dear pmsl
  • Options
    When I voted earlier one of the party activists asked for my voting card number, I blanked him. The same annoying plum asked "How did you vote sir?", as I left. Being a pillock I replied, "By putting an X in a box."
  • Options
    cfgs said:

When I voted earlier one of the party activists asked for my voting card number, I blanked him. The same annoying plum asked "How did you vote sir?", as I left. Being a pillock I replied, "By putting an X in a box."

Plum you say ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

cfgs said:

Plum you say ?

Ooooooooohhhh.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

cfgs said:

Plum you say ?
    I only use potty mouth language around people I know. ;)
  • Options
    As the real issue hasn't been addressed yet, I hope the 30 people who have voted UKIP realise if we are out of the EU, players from Liege will need work permits to join us...
  • Options

Genuinely cannot believe how many people would be happy with Ed Milliband running the country. It's seriously worrying, and if he gets in then god help us all.

Genuinely cannot believe how many people would be happy with Cameron continuing to ride roughshod over the poorest and most vulnerable in society while doing everything he can to feather the already bulging nests of the richest. It's seriously worrying that people are unable to see that.
    blimey. have visions of Cameron riding through the villages like Henry IIIV and his cronies rape and pillaging the peasants.

Genuine question Algarve (and i'm not digging on the living abroad front), but what exposure have you had to over the last few years to UK public services, social housing, elderly care, health, education, special needs / disability services and how much materially worse is your experience than what was on offer 10-15 years ago?

I don't support any political party and change my vote almost every election. But from the experiences i've had in all those aspects, your statement above is just ridiculous and completely blinkered. If that was actually occurring there would be widespread public uproar. It is people's general nature that they feel things have got worse / things aren't the same as they used to be. There is always more than can be done.

The main reason this election is so tight is because the opposition party havn't got enough clear evidencial arguments that the widespread public feel that the current party in power has failed on.

Can I just say that I have recent experience of all of those things and more and it is substantially worse than it was 5 years ago. I'm genuinely petrified of snother Tory government.

My experiences are the same and both my sisters work in the NHS and they can see first hand how downhill it has gone in the last five years.

From another branch of the public sector, the thought of another round of cuts to the Prison Service is terrifying to me. Ignoring the fact that I haven't had a pay rise under this government, the cuts that the service have had to endure have resulted in a massive drop in officer numbers, massive reduction in funding to pay for rehabilitation and purposeful activity which has an impact on society as a whole. Prison closures have resulted in severe overcrowding and frustrated prisoners. Jails are bubbling and where I once felt safe going into work, there is now some trepidation. Pushing an alarm button used to result in staff attending, now you hit it and pray someone will turn up. Assaults on staff have risen dramatically and I can now see the real possibility of an officer being killed on duty. In my eyes, their blood will be on the hands of those who've been in power for the last five years.
    Yours is a view I very much take on board @AddickUpNorth
  • Options
    Labour
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The gap is widening again :neutral:
  • Options
    Chizz said:

RedPanda said:

I've not voted. I may have gone and spoilt my paper or voted green but my motorcycle has a puncture and I'm still registered in my parents' town.

Regarding the NHS - I have an ex who is a midwife. Scores of them were leaving the job a couple of years ago because of long, long hours all day and night without breaks. They were badly under staffed and no departees were replaced. Those remaining were breaking down physically and mentally. In her case she had a mental breakdown and cut me out her life.

That is one aspect of the NHS that I know a little about. Just how bad are other areas? We all know about hospitals closing and A&E times. Do people really think Tories would suddenly change tact and make healthcare a priority? Ha.

You've lost your right to criticise any of the parties. Unless you find a way to vote...

Not really.

"During a pep rally at South Park Elementary, a group of local PETA eco-terrorists protest the use of a cow as the school's mascot (for "the 47th time"). The school agrees to pick a new mascot, and the students are told to vote for said new mascot. Embarrassed by the bland choices, the kids decide to fill in a joke candidate but disagree as to whether it should be a "giant douche" or a "turd sandwich". Kyle rallies his friends to fill in the giant douche, and Cartman gathers support for the turd sandwich. The result is that the two joke candidates get the most votes and the students must choose between the two in an election.

Stan does not see the point in voting between a douche and a turd as they are exactly the same in his opinion, and declares that he will not vote at all, much to everyone's dismay."

So I'd be Stan in this case.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Chizz said:

RedPanda said:

I've not voted. I may have gone and spoilt my paper or voted green but my motorcycle has a puncture and I'm still registered in my parents' town.

Regarding the NHS - I have an ex who is a midwife. Scores of them were leaving the job a couple of years ago because of long, long hours all day and night without breaks. They were badly under staffed and no departees were replaced. Those remaining were breaking down physically and mentally. In her case she had a mental breakdown and cut me out her life.

That is one aspect of the NHS that I know a little about. Just how bad are other areas? We all know about hospitals closing and A&E times. Do people really think Tories would suddenly change tact and make healthcare a priority? Ha.

You've lost your right to criticise any of the parties. Unless you find a way to vote...

Not really.

"During a pep rally at South Park Elementary, a group of local PETA eco-terrorists protest the use of a cow as the school's mascot (for "the 47th time"). The school agrees to pick a new mascot, and the students are told to vote for said new mascot. Embarrassed by the bland choices, the kids decide to fill in a joke candidate but disagree as to whether it should be a "giant douche" or a "turd sandwich". Kyle rallies his friends to fill in the giant douche, and Cartman gathers support for the turd sandwich. The result is that the two joke candidates get the most votes and the students must choose between the two in an election.

Stan does not see the point in voting between a douche and a turd as they are exactly the same in his opinion, and declares that he will not vote at all, much to everyone's dismay."

So I'd be Stan in this case.

Yep, I can see that :wink:
  • Options

The sticky poll is scaring me where are all of my labour buds? :scream:

Supporting Labour is a bit like supporting Millwall. There's a lot who like to shout about it.

Supporting The Tories is a bit like supporting Charlton. There's a lot more modesty involved :smiley:
    What you actually mean is the Tory voters are embarrassed to admit it.
    It's like not being a vegetarian, you don't feel the need to tell people about it :)
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

The sticky poll is scaring me where are all of my labour buds? :scream:

Supporting Labour is a bit like supporting Millwall. There's a lot who like to shout about it.

Supporting The Tories is a bit like supporting Charlton. There's a lot more modesty involved :smiley:
    What you actually mean is the Tory voters are embarrassed to admit it.
    It's like not being a vegetarian, you don't feel the need to tell people about it :)

Oi!!!! Say what you like about Lefties but just leave the veggies out of it :angry:
  • Options

The gap is widening again :neutral:

Rich and poor ?

• Options
    I'll piss myself if Adam Boulton rocks up outside AFKAs house for the result of the Charlton Life exit poll in 20 minutes.

Better do your hair, have a shave, and put on a nice suit just in case AFKA
  • Options
    Jokes aside - it is pretty reflective of the overall national polls.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Davo55 said:

Some of the comments on here about conservative voters being ashamed to say so are complete garbage.

As it happens, I didn't vote conservative. But if I had I would have preferred to avoid announcing it on here because the vast majority of the snidey, mean, nasty comments on here tend to be from labour supporters towards conservatives. This caricaturing of tory voters as rich, uncaring oppressors of the poor are just nonsense - it hasn't been true for at least the last 70 years.

No, it's because it's an incredibly immoral party and even it's supporters know that.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Some of the comments on here about conservative voters being ashamed to say so are complete garbage.

As it happens, I didn't vote conservative. But if I had I would have preferred to avoid announcing it on here because the vast majority of the snidey, mean, nasty comments on here tend to be from labour supporters towards conservatives. This caricaturing of tory voters as rich, uncaring oppressors of the poor are just nonsense - it hasn't been true for at least the last 70 years.

No, it's because it's an incredibly immoral party and even it's supporters know that. Wankers.
    I don't think anyone could write a better post that proves Davo's point so well