Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Women's World Cup

Comments

• Options
    Didn't realize Dom Dwyer is married to one of the U.S. Players...Sydney Leroux, Have to admit zero interest in this competition though even though it's over here....looking forward to the Copa America though....
  • Options
    Shag said:

You need a lie down mate

Or a wank... I've got a link to those Hope Solo pictures if you're interested Leuth
  • Options
    England kick off in just over ten mins. BBC Two.
  • Options
    Don't really understand the not watching because it's lower quality.

Yes it is but we make that mental compromise for other sports. Kelly Holmes would not have made the GB men's athletics squad. I'm sure if Laura Robson got to the Wimbledon final (if she ever recovers from injury!) there would be a fair few of us rooting for her. Same argument applies for Kath Grainger, Laura Trott, Jessica Ennis etc etc.

Get behind the England team!!
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Anyone else love the irony of refusing to watch due to the supposed poor quality of football, but they support Charlton.....

no . not really
  • Options
    Mark Sampson should be a role model for all men worldwide... He can get 23 women to listen to him, majority of men cant even get one woman to do that!!
  • Options
    We're 1-0 down, decent long range but 'keeper should have done better for me.
  • Options

Don't really understand the not watching because it's lower quality.

Yes it is but we make that mental compromise for other sports. Kelly Holmes would not have made the GB men's athletics squad. I'm sure if Laura Robson got to the Wimbledon final (if she ever recovers from injury!) there would be a fair few of us rooting for her. Same argument applies for Kath Grainger, Laura Trott, Jessica Ennis etc etc.

Get behind the England team!!

All don't perform as well as the men, but the technique and skill is still above anything most men can achieve and thats where woman's football comes up short. With the sport being the most popular in the country it's easy for someone like me, a fairly average footballer, to be critical along with over a million other men. I'd expect women's rugby gets the same stick.

Ive got no problem with the FA and TV companies trying to pump money and attention into the game, however it's still really hard to watch for me. Its like the BBC putting on a soap with GCSE Drama students in and then expecting everyone to accept it without criticism.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Anyone else love the irony of refusing to watch due to the supposed poor quality of football, but they support Charlton.....

No.

Charlton sometimes play poor football as rated within the top 1% of participants.

Women's football is probably played better by about 25%.
  • Options
    Sampson out.
  • Options
    The French keeper just kicked the ball backwards to give a corner to England
  • Options
    turgid.

never looked like scoring.

England football team at a major tournament....we know the drill by now.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

no . not really
    Apparently.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

No.

Charlton sometimes play poor football as rated within the top 1% of participants.

Errr....what?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

No.

Errr....what?
    It's not difficult to work out Trev. Come back later.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    To put it in a slightly more natural sounding way, Charlton are sh*te amongst an elite of footballers, but even a league 2 team is better then the best womens team, yeah I get it.

So the point was that football is only worth watching if it falls within that 1% or something?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

To put it in a slightly more natural sounding way, Charlton are sh*te amongst an elite of footballers, but even a league 2 team is better then the best womens team, yeah I get it.

So the point was that football is only worth watching if it falls within that 1% or something?

No, just that it's not ironic to not want to watch really shit football when you already sometimes watch slightly shit football.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

No, just that it's not ironic to not want to watch really shit football when you already sometimes watch slightly shit football.
    Of course, in no way is it ironic to be happy to watch shit football, while turning your nose up to shit football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

Of course, in no way is it ironic to be happy to watch shit football, while turning your nose up to shit football.
    'Happy to watch shit football'???...You can't read many threads on here.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

'Happy to watch shit football'???...You can't read many threads on here.
    Touche!
  • Options
    Have seen England women's team play better. I thought some of the skill levels were poor and I have praised this area in the past. Terrible ball in midfield for the goal. Sunday league player would have got it in the neck for that. Having said that I can see France's secret - best four players on the pitch were their back four. In a lot of these games nothing balls can get through defences- England have a relatively solid defence but nothing balls still get through them. That was never going to happen against the French. Expect us to get through group easily, but need a Kelly Smith to have any chance against a good team., which I don't think we have. Maybe they will grow into the tournament.
  • Options

Some of you on here are really doing yourselves proud.

Bants ain't it treacle 8)

Got to be worth atleast an outburst and at best several flags

• Options
    That Hope Solo could give me a hand solo anytime she wants!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    For clarification:
    It's not shite because it's football played by women. It's shite because it's just....well....shite football.
    I don't want to watch Fat Gut United Sunday Team play football on my TV and I dont want to watch this rubbish.
  • Options
    I got up for work this morning at 1am and I watched it for 20 mins , the decision making is very unlikely coherent within the squads , there is such an un balance in terms of ability and they are years from over coming it,

What there is though is one or two who technically are very good, but the pace of the game negates it and in fact at times makes it worse

The pitches do not help

• Options
    Greenie said:

For clarification:
    It's not shite because it's football played by women. It's shite because it's just....well....shite football.
    I don't want to watch Fat Gut United Sunday Team play football on my TV and I dont want to watch this rubbish.

This
  • Options
    Greenie said:

For clarification:

I don't want to watch Eastenders on my TV and have a very simple solution.

I am yet to comment on the Eastenders thread.