Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Traffic chaos in Kent

Comments

• Options
    who wants to take a moral high ground ?

• Options
    I sincerely hope these individuals will go to prison. What is the financial cost of their actions. Whatever, that maybe if they stole it they would serve time, the fact that the money is being lost due to their action irrelevant.

An equally if somebody in a medical situation can’t get to hospital an dies,  charge with man slaughter….

This will bloody stop them. 

An worse of all I bet they didn’t bloody cycle, walk or swim to the bridge. We all know they came by car. 
    And at least one of the muppets is wearing a jacket made from oil-derived material, not to mention the glasses he usually wears. Hypocrite.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    who wants to take a moral high ground ?

You'd have to go some to get higher than the protesters 
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Some lovely people on here
    You might think differently if you were say in an emergency dash to see your dying Mum in Essex and you got there too late because a couple of selfish cnuts decided to disrupt thousands of people’s lives. This will have a great impact on many, many people beyond just being late for a meeting, a delivery etc. Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if they fell to their deaths, that would be entirely on them.
    I’m not getting involved in the ‘wanting the to die ‘debate’ but I will point out that Darent Valley A&E is close to the tunnel approach road, and when those insulate nutters blocked the M25 previously, friend of mine missed his chemotherapy appointment due to Dartford being gridlocked

I also point out that the tunnel approach road - despite being 8 lanes wide (4 each way) is NOT designated as a motorway - it’s actually the A282, which is convenient for the Government (whilst we were in EU) because it’s air quality wasn’t included in EU statistics as not a motorway - it does in fact have the poorest air quality in the UK by a country mile, and certainly would have been top 5 in Europe, maybe in the number 1 spot in fact, if it had been included

So these idiots have hugely increased the bad air quality in the space of a day - it’s nearly 3pm as I write - when rush hour starts in an hour or so, it’s going to be chaos again

One thing that I had never considered, but today made me have a look - go on Streetview and be on the bridge - absolutely no barrier to stop people going up the cables to get to the top of the bridge - amazing - Police first alerted at 3am or similar that there were people going up the cables - at that time, all they need is an accomplice to drive them onto bridge, stop quickly (traffic would be light) and off they go

• Options
    It’s going to be a nightmare trying to get to the game. I live in Strood might have to watch the game at home now 
    Train? Direct services between Strood and Charlton 
  • Options
    It's only a matter of time before one of these eco warrior twunts gets a bloody good hiding. 
    The annoying thing is that whoever resorts to thumping one of them will almost certainly go to prison while the idiots doing this will not.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIkYm24u8ws
  • Options
    Any news on how the traffic is moving (Dartford or Blackwall way). Was going to the match tonight and think I need to make a decision soon. Is the stream my best option or will I make the match OK?
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Vincenzo said:
    Some lovely people on here
    You might think differently if you were say in an emergency dash to see your dying Mum in Essex and you got there too late because a couple of selfish cnuts decided to disrupt thousands of people’s lives. This will have a great impact on many, many people beyond just being late for a meeting, a delivery etc. Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if they fell to their deaths, that would be entirely on them.
    I'm sure you're right, I would be furious. Wishing for people to die though..? Wanting them shot? There's not a lot of moral high ground there. 
    Ok can we taser them?  As long as the taser was charged using solar power?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's only a matter of time before one of these eco warrior twunts gets a bloody good hiding. 
    The annoying thing is that whoever resorts to thumping one of them will almost certainly go to prison while the idiots doing this will not.
    Deserved all he got the prick. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Guessing this is aimed at me for my post on the previous page. 

I get the point being made but what I actually said was that that I supported the initial actions of both organisations precisely because the shock tactics worked and gained press coverage and widespread support. My point is that they haven't done anything to turn that support into action but rather have continued with the same tactics which has ended up being counterproductive and has lost support.

I have spoken in depth about the climate crisis on the climate change thread and the heatwave threads on here. I do everything i can for this cause including campaigning. All I'm saying is that the continued use of the same tactic is counterproductive.
  • Options
    Deserved all he got the prick. 
    Mob justice will follow after this incident.  It’s only a matter of time until someone gets seriously hurt by a pissed off civilian
  • Options
    The guy on the bridge IS a pissed off civilian. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    With the mob who glue thamselves to roads, why not just leave them there, with no access to food or water and toilet facilties, but that is probally against their human rights. 
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    And he is quoted as saying that as his office based job (building bridges...😆) doesn't really give him access to complain/object to the Governments climate change policy then this is his only way of protesting. 

Perhaps someone could obstruct his office building or put a virus in his office PC so he cant work for a few days. He seems to like direct action. 

• Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Who has now selfishly pissed off many thousands of other civilians with his actions. Selfish wankers 
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Let's hope for rain all night and minus 10 degrees, he will be then.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Having seen jumpers hurl themselves off that bridge deliberately it’s not always a guarantee they’ll hit the water.
    If you don’t shut the bridge to traffic & one of these eejits falls, it ain’t just going to be one fatality. 
    Who would be happy about that?
    I doubt very much either force have a senior officer who would sanction someone to go up and force them down.
    So the only option is to wait until they come down and nick them then.
    I’d be amazed if they manage 24hrs. Especially if the weather turns.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    And he is quoted as saying that as his office based job (building bridges...😆) doesn't really give him access to complain/object to the Governments climate change policy then this is his only way of protesting. 

Perhaps someone could obstruct his office building or put a virus in his office PC so he cant work for a few days. He seems to like direct action. 

Hope his employer sacks him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    One of them is supposed to be a teacher, will he be allowed to carry on in that profeession if he gets a criminal record?
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    It’s a massive pain for everyone that will probably achieve nothing. I’m just shocked how little it takes for people to come out as psychopaths. Shoot him! Let him die! Jesus, listen to yourselves.
  • Options
    We all know there is a climate crisis but this is not the way to endear people and garner support.

if someone in India or China - or even America held tens of thousands of people ransom like this how would this play out?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    We all know there is a climate crisis but this is not the way to endear people and garner support.

if someone in India or China - or even America held tens of thousands of people ransom like this how would this play out?
    They would be on the ground and nicked.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

If you were @Vincenzo you'd probably make them a cup of tea & give them counselling. 
  • Options
    Vincenzo, you never answered the point raised above re blockage of access to the major emergency hospital caused by the protestor on the bridge, I would be very interested to see how you can explain the difference between your views on people suggesting snipers and the possible death of normal people caused by the action of the protestor? 
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    It’s a massive pain for everyone that will probably achieve nothing. I’m just shocked how little it takes for people to come out as psychopaths. Shoot him! Let me die! Jesus, listen to yourselves.
    What do you do for a living? Something in the public sector?
    Maybe he can’t respond because it’s past 5pm

or maybe he’s on strike?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Vincenzo said:
    It’s a massive pain for everyone that will probably achieve nothing. I’m just shocked how little it takes for people to come out as psychopaths. Shoot him! Let me die! Jesus, listen to yourselves.
    What do you do for a living? Something in the public sector?
    Maybe he can’t respond because it’s past 5pm

or maybe he’s on strike?
    Or up a bridge .......
  • Options
    Well I would like to personally thank them as I will not be able to go tonight!

(I don't go anyway, but I bet it has saved someone this misery...)