Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Traffic chaos in Kent

Comments

• Options
    ridic amount of hassle for a monday, we have engineers that cannot get anywhere bridge could be shut for a while as i dont know how they will get them down apart from a helicopter. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    surely not those climate change protesters again??
    Yep, it is

• Options
    surely not those climate change protesters again??
    Yep - take a look at AA Roadwatch on the internet - it’s fucking chaos around here
  • Options
    Traffic is shit everywhere in Kent. Took me over an hour to do the 13 miles from Sittingbourne to Maidstone, took other staff a lot longer than usual to travel in from Folkstone. Chaos everywhere pretty much, the whole county is one glorified car park currently.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    A couple of human pancakes with a bit of luck.
  • Options
    Christ I just thought they were on the road itself...

• Options
    A couple of human pancakes with a bit of luck.

that would mean somebody will have the unpleasant task of scraping them up and that would just hold up traffic longer. 
  • Options
    They are claiming they will shut the bridge for 24 hours. 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    They are claiming they will shut the bridge for 24 hours. 
    Call Norris McWhirter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ridic amount of hassle for a monday, we have engineers that cannot get anywhere bridge could be shut for a while as i dont know how they will get them down apart from a helicopter. 
    Police sniper should do the trick...
    I was thinking just the same. Threat them as terrorists & bring them down that way. 
  • Options
    I'm giving up on life.

Aviva bus drivers are out on strike for the next 2 weeks. My kids cant get to College in DARTFORD.

Protesters stop one of the busiest roads in Europe, so if I want to drive my kids to college I now cant get them there.

One wants to be a midwife. Wants to wants people. And all some people want to do is to stop everyone going about their daily lives.

I have said before but if a protester blocks my route I will simpy carry on driving. If I run over them thsts down to them.

And I'd leave those protesters up there 

• Options
    I was thinking just the same. Threat them as terrorists & bring them down that way. 
    If it was 2 x terrorists up there, I doubt we would treat them any differently.    
  • Options
    I'm giving up on life.

Aviva bus drivers are out on strike for the next 2 weeks. My kids cant get to College in DARTFORD.

Protesters stop one of the busiest roads in Europe, so if I want to drive my kids to college I now cant get them there.

One wants to be a midwife. Wants to wants people. And all some people want to do is to stop everyone going about their daily lives.

I have said before but if a protester blocks my route I will simpy carry on driving. If I run over them thsts down to them.

If you run someone over it's down to you not them. 
  • Options
    I'm giving up on life.

Updated: 17th October 2022

We can confirm that Arriva and Unite the Union have reached an agreement on our latest pay offer, and Unite will now take this offer to our colleagues for ballot this week.

Furthermore, it has also been agreed that planned industrial action across Northfleet, Gillingham, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells will be suspended on Wednesday 19th, Thursday 20th and Friday 21st October and all parties will now work together to progress the pay offer.

We will keep our customers and stakeholders updated on the outcome of this ballot.

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/kent-and-essex-industrial-action

• Options
    clive said:
    I'm giving up on life.

Updated: 17th October 2022

We can confirm that Arriva and Unite the Union have reached an agreement on our latest pay offer, and Unite will now take this offer to our colleagues for ballot this week.

Furthermore, it has also been agreed that planned industrial action across Northfleet, Gillingham, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells will be suspended on Wednesday 19th, Thursday 20th and Friday 21st October and all parties will now work together to progress the pay offer.

We will keep our customers and stakeholders updated on the outcome of this ballot.

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/kent-and-essex-industrial-action

My email to Unison last Friday helped then......!!!

• Options
    edited October 2022
    We live in Dartford a mile away from the tunnel, and was away for 70th down in Bognor, got in the car this morning and saw this, absolutely dreading the chaos, drove and got off the M25 early, worked our way through the lanes to Longfield and thought it would be 2 hours from there, absolutely sailed along from there up to the Leigh CTC, no traffic, left down passed the mighty DFC, no traffic whatsoever, I could see that even the blue star roundabout was flowing better than normal. I assume that the police must have stopped all traffic coming off the A2 and M25 snd entering Dartford. But whatever the police has done, thank you from a long suffering resident of Dartford. 
  • Options
    It's only a matter of time before one of these eco warrior twunts gets a bloody good hiding. 
    The annoying thing is that whoever resorts to thumping one of them will almost certainly go to prison while the idiots doing this will not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's always us general public who suffer. There was a Tory conference 2 weeks ago, if they want a greener country why didn't they protest there?
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    It's always us general public who suffer. There was a Tory conference 2 weeks ago, if they want a greener country why didn't they protest there?
    Largely agree with this. I am fully supportive of their cause and agree with all their messaging and the need to make statements and grab the publics attention but this - much like with the insulate Britain protestors isnt the right way to go about it. With both groups i supported their initial actions as it grabbed headlines and largely got support, but it was the continuation of the same tactics that pushed more and more people into being annoyed by them rather than supporting their cause. The initial headlines was the perfect platform on which to build and protest parliament, petitions, ad campaigns etc. and would benefit from the support of the initial actions. But continuing with the same actions rather than trying to actually make an impact on decision makers and those who matter is just losing them support.
  • Options
    It’s going to be a nightmare trying to get to the game. I live in Strood might have to watch the game at home now 
  • Options
    What? You think murder is justified if someone holds up traffic? Presumably you two have no morals whatsoever...?
  • Options
    Have either of them fallen to their death yet ?

If not, shame.
  • Options
    Some lovely people on here.
  • Options
    It would seem that Morgan isn't new to the whole attention seeking thing. Has a history of suffering from the 'look at me' syndrome during other protests.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Some lovely people on here
    You might think differently if you were say in an emergency dash to see your dying Mum in Essex and you got there too late because a couple of selfish cnuts decided to disrupt thousands of people’s lives. This will have a great impact on many, many people beyond just being late for a meeting, a delivery etc. Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if they fell to their deaths, that would be entirely on them.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Some lovely people on here
    You might think differently if you were say in an emergency dash to see your dying Mum in Essex and you got there too late because a couple of selfish cnuts decided to disrupt thousands of people’s lives. This will have a great impact on many, many people beyond just being late for a meeting, a delivery etc. Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if they fell to their deaths, that would be entirely on them.
    I'm sure you're right, I would be furious. Wishing for people to die though..? Wanting them shot? There's not a lot of moral high ground there.