Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How many games has Luzon got?

And how many should he have?

Luzon has got the squad he managed to negotiate with RD,and is unlikely to get any more. If he cannot win with them,how soon will/should he be replaced?

Personally I think the squad is too thin and Luzon is partly the victim of this. But failure is failure.

Comments

• And who in the network would you bring in to replace him?
  • would anyone be surprised to see us go back to Riga? Not me
  • Luzon is a company yes man, he probably has longer left than he should do for his meagre talent.
  • Xbox or playstation ones?
  • If they sack Luzon I think that would be my tipping point. What's the bloody point constantly changing the players AND management every year. Joke.
  • Southbank said:

Luzon has got the squad he managed to negotiate with RD,and is unlikely to get any more. If he cannot win with them,how soon will/should he be replaced?

Personally I think the squad is too thin and Luzon is partly the victim of this. But failure is failure.

Has he failed?

We've only played 9 games in the league.

It doesn't look good and the stories of falling out with players and unhappy players that are doing the rounds don't sound good but is that because we're on a bad run with lots of injuries.

IMHO Luzon still has a lot to prove but he hasn't failed yet.

As for "how many games" I don't think it works like that. RD either decides to stick with him or sack him and he could do that any time he fancies. I doubt he is setting a number of games.

PS Nathan Jones
    Think you're bang on the money there.
  • Not a fan of these sort of threads which are influenced by knee jerk reactions (no offence intended @Southbank )

But in answer to the question, about 2 games less than ANY manager has potentially got.
  • Sponsored links:

• Peeters was sacked after 9 games without a win and amongst rumours he had fallen out with players,after a good initial run.
    Luzon is now on 6 games without a win amongst rumours he has fallen out with players,after a good initial run.
    Just think change may come sooner than we may think(or want).
  • We collectively moan when managers get the sack every week, then when we lose 3 games, we want ours out.

Why doesn't anyone want stability at Charlton?
  • the owner will panic if we drop into the bottom three.
  • Southbank said:

Peeters was sacked after 9 games without a win and amongst rumours he had fallen out with players,after a good initial run.
    Luzon is now on 6 games without a win amongst rumours he has fallen out with players,after a good initial run.

Genuine question: have there been reports of failing out with players? I mean, apart from Bikey and maybe TBH?
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

the owner will panic if we drop into the bottom three.

I don't think he will, unless there is real discontent behind the scenes a la Peters which we don't know about
  • Valley11 said:

Southbank said:

Peeters was sacked after 9 games without a win and amongst rumours he had fallen out with players,after a good initial run.

Genuine question: have there been reports of failing out with players? I mean, apart from Bikey and maybe TBH?
    Some people are saying Igor is out of favour with Luzon ?
  • Southbank said:

• You can't sack a manager after one bad run. For Christ's sake.

Happened to Peeters last season and has occurred for the likes of Alexander at Fleetwood and the Dutch fella at Brentford. Never say never with the knee jerk reaction of football owners in recent years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

Southbank said:

Yes there have but whether you give them any credence or whether are any more than the usual moans from employees you'd hear in any organisation is up to individuals to decide.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

the owner will panic if we drop into the bottom three.

I'm afraid I have to agree on that.
  • He will be gone by the end of October.
  • i think he starting to get found out we need a winger so gets a forward
  • colin1961 said:

Only people who will be happy are the idiots who said we should have given the job to Paul Jewell of David Jones instead of Luzon !!!!!

I thought Paul Jewell was from Liverpool?
  • Christ. Has it really got that bad ?