Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many games has Luzon got?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Wow, watching the Liverpool Europa game tonight, the commentator said that Sion , Liverpools opponents had gone through 20 managers, in 8 years!

Maybe we've,not had,it,too bad after,all!
  • Options
    Luzon only need worry when KM reports in the programme that she has every faith in him!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Greenie said:

I cant see him going, we have been decimated by injuries. Before we had the injuries, the same crowd saying he should go, were saying how great the Johnny Foreigner players he brought in were. So lets see how he does when/if we get a run of games with a consistent team/squad.
    My criticism of Guy is his tinkering (maybe to justify his position and to balance and spread a thin squad to last a season), but if we start banging a few in and winning some, we'll all be happy again and can go back to arguing about politics and religion.
    FWIW, I rate the bloke and I think he's our best manager since Llewelyn left.

I didn't know that was Powell's first name.
  • Options
    I do not like the guy and personally wish he never arrived at CAFC but I do not believe we should keep sacking the managers.

I love Charlton but I hate Luzing.

We need to build sustainability throughout the club and he needs a chance in charge. We are going to finish mid table so might as well give him till the end of the season.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Not sure how much weight we can give to injuries.
    Mak maybe,he had a few good games. Henderson maybe.Reza and Ceballos,wishful thinking. Jacko already becoming peripheral.
    Igor looks lost anyway.
    The squad is too thin and inexperienced.

I'd say Mak definitely, he's the only striker that really challenges in the air and does a decent job holding up the ball. He's been involved in a lot of our goals and helps out with defensive set pieces. We should have an alternative to him.

Henderson made a big difference when he came back into the team last year and although Pope's improved he probably hasn't done enough to stay as first choice.

Reza and Ceballos would at least give us more attacking options. We might not have had to throw Kennedy in if they were fit. It's also too early to judge whether Ceballos is a good signing or not.

Maybe Igor would have got closer to full fitness had he not picked up a new injury in pre-season.
  • Options

You can't sack a manager after one bad run. For Christ's sake.

What if the run lasted 46 games (:
  • Options
    If we lose badly on Sunday on tv,which we may do given nobody has come back from injury,that may be enough to trigger a sacking.It is what happened to CP after all.
  • Options
    I personally have a lot of sympathy for Luzon. We have a decent team/squad with everyone fit. However, we were once again left short of numbers and unfortunately numerous injuries have highlighted this. I doubt this is/was Luzon's fault. Add to this the fact a couple of the new signings are struggling to adapt to the Championship, or life in a new country, or both and at the same time blooding a couple of youngsters it's no wonder that our form has dipped. Bringing in a young loanee hasn't helped either. I'm not criticising RD or KM here as there was a budget and we are trying to stick with it. I doubt renewing Cousins or JBG's contracts was cheap and maybe we would have been better off selling one, or both, and adding say another five players to the squad with those funds. That wouldn't have been popular with the fans though, or me, but we can't have our cake and eat it. Once we have the walking wounded back we will be okay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015
    When Nigel Clough was at Derby, he won at Millwall 5-2,
    decent result even if it was only the spanners.
    The next 3 results over 8 days they lost and Nigel was history.

Winning the 1st 2 home games against teams that just came down from the premiership
    Meant the bar was raised by CAFC fans even thou the bookies thought we were going to battle it out with Rotherham for the wooded spoon.

After Luzon's swallow jump on top of the players when the Hull winning goal went in i would say there's not much wrong with his relationship with the players that a win wouldn't cure.

When some of the crowd said "you don't know what your doing"
    in the 1st half of the Norwich game last season ?

At least now Guy must realise it was a warning about the job he was taking on, not his ability to run the team !

100% support from me, whether he's got 1 game or go's on to break Jimmy seed's record.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

I personally have a lot of sympathy for Luzon. We have a decent team/squad with everyone fit. However, we were once again left short of numbers and unfortunately numerous injuries have highlighted this. I doubt this is/was Luzon's fault. Add to this the fact a couple of the new signings are struggling to adapt to the Championship, or life in a new country, or both and at the same time blooding a couple of youngsters it's no wonder that our form has dipped. Bringing in a young loanee hasn't helped either. I'm not criticising RD or KM here as there was a budget and we are trying to stick with it. I doubt renewing Cousins or JBG's contracts was cheap and maybe we would have been better off selling one, or both, and adding say another five players to the squad with those funds. That wouldn't have been popular with the fans though, or me, but we can't have our cake and eat it. Once we have the walking wounded back we will be okay.

FIVE players, including recruitment costs, for Cousins and JBG's wages? I doubt the differential would be that big with JBG or that Cousins is paid particularly highly at all. It's all very well saying that there is a budget and we have to stick with it, but it's pretty meaningless without knowing what the budget is and how it compares with other clubs. It may be generous, it may be silly, we just don't know.
  • Options
    I would be annoyed if he got the sack. not because I have any real loyalty to him, but we are screaming for stability and to keep chopping and changing manager unless absolutely necessary is crazy.

Didn't want him as manager in the first place, but he has come in got some things right and some things wrong, proved he can play attacking football (though that seems to have fallen away), but now things are not going well so he needs to prove he can turn things around. He has a thin and injured squad through no fault of his own. They say a bad workman blames his tools, but frankly we have a lot of tools playing for us at the moment.

Would rather stick and back him than twist and get someone else who doesn't know what they are doing in this league (lets face it if he was replaced it wouldn't be for anyone we wanted so whats the point).

The players need to buck up their ideas too. JBG, Watt and Kashi have all really dropped their game recently. 3 very key players in my mind this season and they need to install some confidence in the players around them.

Also having Makienok back will make a huge difference after the international break as we haven't looked the same with him out of the team.
  • Options
    Businesses that do not get the right investment when they need it are generally failing businesses where 'sweating the assets' (in this case playing players when they are carrying injuries and using untested youth players) becomes the norm. I am constantly puzzled by RD's inadequate investment in the first team-especially when he seems happy to pay for youth development. It is a policy that was pursued most conspicuously by Crewe Alexandra who knocked around the lower leagues while nurturing lots of skilful young players. But for Crewe it was about pure survival as a club. they could not get bigger crowds or aspire to the top leagues. Charlton are not that club (yet).
  • Options

FIVE players, including recruitment costs, for Cousins and JBG's wages? I doubt the differential would be that big with JBG or that Cousins is paid particularly highly at all. It's all very well saying that there is a budget and we have to stick with it, but it's pretty meaningless without knowing what the budget is and how it compares with other clubs. It may be generous, it may be silly, we just don't know.
    I said SELLING one or both so you'd have transfer funds to reinvest.

• Options

Greenie said:

I cant see him going, we have been decimated by injuries. Before we had the injuries, the same crowd saying he should go, were saying how great the Johnny Foreigner players he brought in were. So lets see how he does when/if we get a run of games with a consistent team/squad.
    My criticism of Guy is his tinkering (maybe to justify his position and to balance and spread a thin squad to last a season), but if we start banging a few in and winning some, we'll all be happy again and can go back to arguing about politics and religion.
    FWIW, I rate the bloke and I think he's our best manager since Llewelyn left.

I didn't know that was Powell's first name.
    Good grief
  • Options

You did. Sorry. I still think you have to look at the ongoing wage costs of five players over their contract period as opposed to two, which makes it a very optimistic assumption. RD would probably want the transfer fees to offset operating losses too.
  • Options
    They haven't released the press interviews yet but if Luzon says again that he's not interested in the opposition and has only concentrated on our team i think he could be in for a shock on Sunday. They were superb against QPR a couple of weeks ago.
    Fulham are packed full of class players and if Luzon Dismisses them as usual and we get stuffed , i will be in the " He must go " camp.
    It's all right prancing around and showing passion on the touchline but that's not enough to win games.
  • Options
    To be honest wouldn't it be better if RD just sold us! I believe he would make a profit! Coz it's just getting silly now! Players showing much less passion than the manager and not bothering once we let in more than 1 goal
  • Options
    Not got a lot of time left I hope,every defeat is anail in his coffin.Look at his record with his other clubs,give it to turn of year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You did. Sorry. I still think you have to look at the ongoing wage costs of five players over their contract period as opposed to two, which makes it a very optimistic assumption. RD would probably want the transfer fees to offset operating losses too.
    I agree. His business plan only makes any sense if he uses player sales money to offset the losses, rather than build the team.
  • Options
    Interesting piece on Guy Luzon published by CAFC's official news outlet:
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/for-this-israeli-coach-in-london-a-draw-is-as-good-as-a-win/?

I've warmed to him a bit, despite being a Duchatelet stooge, just think he's on a hiding to nothing, same as his predecessors (and his successors).
  • Options

Not got a lot of time left I hope,every defeat is anail in his coffin.Look at his record with his other clubs,give it to turn of year.

"eugh I'm so sick of us changing managers all the time - give us some stability"

"OMG luzon lost a few games. Luzon out! Get a new manager in!"
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I just hope results go his way after the International break , or we'll look back and say why didn't we sack him in the international break, when he gets dumped in December, i think we should nickname Roland Santa, we've become like that film Groundhog Day.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

ozaddick said:

Does anyone have insight to the rumours of him falling out with players and player unrest in the group?

No truth in it ..
    How do you know that there is no truth in the rumours?
  • Options
    The acid test is how well will he do with all the players fit.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

The acid test is how well will he do with all the players fit.

I think he's already proved himself there. Unfortunately all (or most) of our players were only fit for the first 6 games of the season - at that point we picked up a couple of injuries, rapidly revealing the paper-thin nature of our squad, and things quickly began to unravel. He's now stuck in the same vicious circle that Peeters was stuck in last season, where he won't be able to get all the players fit because instead of allowing the injured ones to recuperate properly, he'll have no option but to bring them back in as soon as they can walk again.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

cabbles said:

colin1961 said:

ozaddick said:

Does anyone have insight to the rumours of him falling out with players and player unrest in the group?

No truth in it ..
    Anyone would think you were there when James Henry renewed his Wolves contract and have a place in the dressing room Colin :wink:
    Next best thing Millwall mate who knows the family ........
    So 4th hand info. Laughable