Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many games has Luzon got?

Comments

• Options
    not worrying yet come start of December and were 5 points from safety then worry atm its frustrating and I think before not too long its a "staying up" season, which is a shame as we started brightly but those wins against qpr and hull seem to mean sweet fa atm.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Only people who will be happy are the idiots who said we should have given the job to Paul Jewell of David Jones instead of Luzon !!!!!

I don't think there would be many of us who wanted Paul Jewell. All I will say, is that although I was at Cardiff and thought we were shit, I really hope the crowd get behind us on Sunday. It's a young side, lacking confidence. We need a repeat of that Cardiff home game again from a couple of seasons ago. The team were up against it then, we responded. They (the players) of course have to do their best, but let's hope for some unity and for 3pts
  • Options

were going through a dip in form but hopefully the next International Break after Fulham means we can regroup as a side.

yep the last international break did wonders , all the injuries cleared up and we came back all guns blazing :-(
    The last international break fucked us up... As I said in the Rotherham preview it can work both ways, this time may help us to get the likes of Makienok and Reza back etc...
  • Options
    Where are the rumours about players' discount tents ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Where are the rumours about players' discount tents ?

I've heard its 2 for 1 at Butlins at the moment
  • Options
    That list of managers is amazing. I started going in '83. In my first 23 years there were 3 managers, Lawrence, Gritt and curbs. Since when 9 have come through the ever revolving door! How times change. Interesting that the 2 best periods were when we had stability and the next longest serving is probably Powell when we were also promoted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    a poor performance and a defeat on Sunday and RD's trigger finger will be itchy
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Whether you like it or not the days of Manager stability equaling success are dying, only got to look at Watford's merry-go-round last season few seasons, I'm sure they're not complaining about it now.

I admire Guy's spirit and passion but if we lose the next couple and he bites the bullet so be it, no protest my end.
  • Options

He will be gone by the end of October.

How do you know, source?
  • Options
    Should keep him. The injury situation has been crazy.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

Should keep him. The injury situation has been crazy.

Yep. Better to spend the money on an extra player rather than hiring and firing.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

They might be rich, but why are chairmen incompetent at getting good managers?

Don't think we can say with any certainty that all of the managers Duchatelet has appointed have been bad, because the managers haven't been the main problem - they have all proved, one after the other, that it isn't possible to sustain a decent level of performance with the playing resources that RD provides. You could have Fergie, Mourinho or Guardiola in charge, they won't win any more games than Guy/Bob/Jose/SCP if they've got no choice but to play a crocked striker and a bunch of 17 year olds.
    I agree mate. From what ive heard, read and seen, i think Luzon is a promising young coach with good ideas about how the game is played. He needs help.
  • Options
    It all depends on the manner of team performance, playing kids and make shift team he'll get time. But 2/3 more performances like the last 3 (not including league cup) and he should go IMO.

It's gonna be like this for years unless Roland starts backing managers with cash or he sell the club either way Luzon needs to pull his finger out his arse and find some form quick
  • Options
    I cant see him going, we have been decimated by injuries. Before we had the injuries, the same crowd saying he should go, were saying how great the Johnny Foreigner players he brought in were. So lets see how he does when/if we get a run of games with a consistent team/squad.
    My criticism of Guy is his tinkering (maybe to justify his position and to balance and spread a thin squad to last a season), but if we start banging a few in and winning some, we'll all be happy again and can go back to arguing about politics and religion.
    FWIW, I rate the bloke and I think he's our best manager since Llewelyn left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone have insight to the rumours of him falling out with players and player unrest in the group?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Hopefully he stays, as others have mentioned, he is not the faulty part which is stopping our club being a success.

I really hoped that Luzon being a Coach RD trusted or so we were told would see him get the backing that Powell & Peeters did not receive but once again it is not the case.
  • Options
    Perhaps, we are waking up to the reality that we are becoming the same as most other clubs. By that, I mean we will have managers who stay for a year or so, squads that change all the time and a feeling that more needs to be spent. I reckon this is what about 80 odd of the 92 supporters' forums are thinking. Sign of the times, I'm afraid.

We've been protected from this change by having Curbs who was here for many years and Powell who, I wrongly thought, would be here for many years. What is happening now is more in line with other clubs.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

They might be rich, but why are chairmen incompetent at getting good managers?

Don't think we can say with any certainty that all of the managers Duchatelet has appointed have been bad, because the managers haven't been the main problem - they have all proved, one after the other, that it isn't possible to sustain a decent level of performance with the playing resources that RD provides. You could have Fergie, Mourinho or Guardiola in charge, they won't win any more games than Guy/Bob/Jose/SCP if they've got no choice but to play a crocked striker and a bunch of 17 year olds.
    I agree mate. From what ive heard, read and seen, i think Luzon is a promising young coach with good ideas about how the game is played. He needs help.
    Judging by his actions on the touchline he certainly does need help. But maybe not the sort of help you have in mind.
  • Options

Perhaps, we are waking up to the reality that we are becoming the same as most other clubs. By that, I mean we will have managers who stay for a year or so, squads that change all the time and a feeling that more needs to be spent. I reckon this is what about 80 odd of the 92 supporters' forums are thinking. Sign of the times, I'm afraid.

We've been protected from this change by having Curbs who was here for many years and Powell who, I wrongly thought, would be here for many years. What is happening now is more in line with other clubs.

I hate having the team being rebuilt almost on an annual basis. You lose connection with the team when half of them have barely been here 5 minutes. Reaching 100 appearances for the club is a major achievement these days...
  • Options
    Luzon won't be sacked, hes Duchatelet's best mate
    We need Reza <3
  • Options
    He needs to make all our players wear the same colour boots then he won't get confused when he's watching at grass level.
  • Options
    Not sure how much weight we can give to injuries.
    Mak maybe,he had a few good games. Henderson maybe.Reza and Ceballos,wishful thinking. Jacko already becoming peripheral.
    Igor looks lost anyway.
    The squad is too thin and inexperienced.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I know it's a completely different sport, but I found the comment the other night from Sir Clive Woodward interesting, results were 95% determined by team selection, I'm not making excuses, but Guy has been dealt a poor hand recently when it comes to picking his strongest team.Whether half of the crowd will be so understanding and forgiving if we're getting whalloped I'm not so sure.

Of course 50% of statistics are completely made up, so whether he was being literal or not?