Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many games has Luzon got?

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Interesting piece on Guy Luzon published by CAFC's official news outlet:
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/for-this-israeli-coach-in-london-a-draw-is-as-good-as-a-win/?

I've warmed to him a bit, despite being a Duchatelet stooge, just think he's on a hiding to nothing, same as his predecessors (and his successors).

That's a really good detailed article, very insightful. Only slightly spoiled by a reference to Jordan Cousins' equaliser with his left foot, lol.
  • Options
    Big two games coming up for Guy. I personally don't think he's in any trouble because I believe he's an RD man. He's certainly not getting the support he deserves so unless RD is a complete psycho I think he's fine. I do wonder what GL is thinking though.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Damn, somebody had already made the Fergie joke... Move on.
  • Options

Big two games coming up for Guy. I personally don't think he's in any trouble because I believe he's an RD man. He's certainly not getting the support he deserves so unless RD is a complete psycho I think he's fine. I do wonder what GL is thinking though.

I guess given his anonymous track record - Israeli U-21s FFS and a job through his mate Dudu at SL - he is still pinching himself that he is in charge of a club of our stature.

Can't see him quitting, can't really see him being fired as he is best mates with the owners.

So to summarize - who cares anymore!

• Options
    I like Luzon think he's ok but don't see him as someone that offers "stability" meaning he's worth sticking with throughout a bad run...for the big light at the end of the tunnel.

Either way if they do sack him they just look like complete fools that don't have a scooby how to run a football club. Why appoint him in the 1st place you know him well enough?! Within the network of familiarity.

Haven't got a problem with a charlton side that loses honestly and with dignity but 2 shots in a match compared to 22 from the opposition to me says they can't be in the same league.

Everyone's heads in the sand and the beliefs already gone within this spineless squad of a defeat is the end of the world so we must just continue to play like shit and not properly fight against it. Allow the current to take you away....at a very early point within the season. It's Just pathetic.
    A team you can't be proud of and instantly lose faith in.

Saying this ( as perhaps it's a bit ott I don't know) we HAVE shown good performances previously under Luzon. He's just gotta be a man and f*ckin pick them up! Properly!

If we lost against Fulham it would be looking very very bleak. Was an extremely important point that.

• Options
    What is Guy supposed to do with all the injuries?

He never planned on playing KAG as a first choice striker at this stage. Reading were rubbish last year and now look at them. Things will improve with the return of injured players, and as they gain game time and match fitness.
  • Options
    One less than he did have?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Injuries are not helping but I do think he could be doing better same with BP previously

Defensively we do not look solid and in the final third we regularly are only managing 2 or 3 attempts a game.
  • Options

Defensively we do not look solid and in the final third we regularly are only managing 2 or 3 attempts a game.

Well...if you dont count the 20 odd we had in the last game.
  • Options
    se9addick"
    To be honest you see a performance before a manager gets sacked where the team look unmotivated and unorganised and you just know that the managers lost it. Sitting there on Saturday at Cardiff I had that sense. If that had been a home game this thread would have been started days ago and would have hundreds of responses.

Wellwickman
    To relieve relegation threat and keep his job Luzon must get his charges fired up in SE7. We've not got the nous to get much on the road. Insipid efforts as witnessed against the millers and terriers cannot be repeated or Luzon will be gone.
    The good ones must step up to the plate starting with PNE. The team has to stay competitive to keep the crowd on board.

• Options
    Did you just refer to yourself in the third person? I've never seen that on a forum before.
  • Options
    Must be a tim sherwood fan.
  • Options
    Until M.Roly has had his run of stooges that have all had a go at it, then keep on with Luzon until he twigs he's being played along like an old fiddle.
  • Options

Can't see RD sacking Guy but I can see the season just petering out into a sad relegation with RD selling up at the end. No public meetings and vitriol this year, just benign resignation, apathy and about 5000 lapsed season tickets.

I think the Belgians will bugger off if we go down.

I'd suffer relegation for that to happen.
  • Options

For Luzon to be sacked we have to be playing poorly with a fully fit squad as his disposal...

At the moment he doesnt have a full squad so is having to rely on inexperience and youth (Yes RD / KM should have strengthened blah blah blah but they didnt)... If he cant win matches with a complete side then I'd agree that he maybe has to go.

At the moment if we got rid of Luzon, we'd get the new man in charge just as were getting players back, so naturally performances would improve and the new man would be declared a genius and the man to take us up again.

People should always look beyond the results when sacking a Manager, yes its a results business (as MoTD / Sky would brainwash you into believing as they have to talk to fill timeslots) but I always look beyond the results, why did the team lose... Was it just bad luck, were players missing through injury / suspension, aint always so straight cut and those sort of reasons cant be blamed on the Manager

We should have stuck with Riga.
  • Options

For Luzon to be sacked we have to be playing poorly with a fully fit squad as his disposal...

At the moment he doesnt have a full squad so is having to rely on inexperience and youth (Yes RD / KM should have strengthened blah blah blah but they didnt)... If he cant win matches with a complete side then I'd agree that he maybe has to go.

At the moment if we got rid of Luzon, we'd get the new man in charge just as were getting players back, so naturally performances would improve and the new man would be declared a genius and the man to take us up again.

People should always look beyond the results when sacking a Manager, yes its a results business (as MoTD / Sky would brainwash you into believing as they have to talk to fill timeslots) but I always look beyond the results, why did the team lose... Was it just bad luck, were players missing through injury / suspension, aint always so straight cut and those sort of reasons cant be blamed on the Manager

Riga got lucky. Like Luzon did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Riga and Jackson: The dream team.

I will continue to give 100% support to Guy Luzon because with the injuries he had so little choice with the selection of the team.

• Options
    I expect the players have had a rocket after the Reading shambles but
    the fireworks will start if we don't get 3 points from our 2 home games this week.

Anyway.............

Guy will be gone by Bonfire Night.
  • Options
    The owner is not going to blame himself. 2 defeats this week and Luzon will be gone I reckon.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

The owner is not going to blame himself. 2 defeats this week and Luzon will be gone I reckon.

If he does get the elbow ,which is highly likely,then when do we as a group of supporters say enough is enough?

The whole thing is a farce. And a very predictable one at that.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2015
    Firing Luzon in the middle of an injury crisis that the owner is partially responsible for, in running an under strength squad would be ludicrous. It would not be surprising though. If Luzon loses a few more and suggests in a press conference that the team needs more players, that would be the tipping point. The owner does not like his employees speaking out.
  • Options
    Just out of interest I wonder how our wages bill compares with other teams in this division, and where we'd rank?
  • Options

Can't see RD sacking Guy but I can see the season just petering out into a sad relegation with RD selling up at the end. No public meetings and vitriol this year, just benign resignation, apathy and about 5000 lapsed season tickets.

How's your career as a Life coach going ?

• Options

RD has sacked him before and I'm sure he will again in the future.
  • Options

Southbank said:

If he does get the elbow ,which is highly likely,then when do we as a group of supporters say enough is enough?

The whole thing is a farce. And a very predictable one at that.
    What exactly would that entail though?