Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many games has Luzon got?

Comments

• Options
    Personally I would have got rid of him before Reading but if we don't win one of our next two games we will probably be bottom and that will force RD to make a change.

Rega anyone?
  • Options
    I wouldn't have any problems if he was sacked today. I wouldn't be surprised if they at least gave him the Preston game but any less than a win in that and he's gone for me.
  • Options
    I'm a bit confused. We've got a bunch of fans in this thread bemoaning the lunacy of our managerial merry-go-round, and just as many saying Luzon should be sacked. Which is it?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I'm a bit confused. We've got a bunch of fans in this thread bemoaning the lunacy of our managerial merry-go-round, and just as many saying Luzon should be sacked. Which is it?

The question is does anyone care anymore?

• Options

JiMMy 85 said:

They are different people Jimmy, with individual opinions.
    Exactly
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Big two games coming up for Guy. I personally don't think he's in any trouble because I believe he's an RD man. He's certainly not getting the support he deserves so unless RD is a complete psycho I think he's fine. I do wonder what GL is thinking though.

RD has sacked him before and I'm sure he will again in the future.
    When did he sack him?

Removed him from the job at Standard but kept him on the payroll until another role in the network came up.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

They are different people Jimmy, with individual opinions.
    Exactly
    My point is, those who claim Roland has screwed up the club are not only at odds with the owner, but with their own fans. Very, very few on here seem keen to stand by and voraciously support the manager. I remember @charltonnick saying a similar thing, what happened to us? We used to offer overwhelming support. Blaming Roland for being indifferent is an excuse IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't think Luzon is doing much wrong. I doubt there are many coaches who could get a threadbare squad, racked by injuries, to get better results.

Are there many coaches who could get worse results ?

I'm a bit indifferent on him .... Not convinced one way or t'other

• Options
    Stig said:

Southbank said:

The owner is not going to blame himself. 2 defeats this week and Luzon will be gone I reckon.

If he does get the elbow ,which is highly likely,then when do we as a group of supporters say enough is enough?

The whole thing is a farce. And a very predictable one at that.
    What exactly would that entail though?
    Watford 5-0 was good, showed we had some 'spunk' as fans and that we don't like the s*** that is going on.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Big two games coming up for Guy. I personally don't think he's in any trouble because I believe he's an RD man. He's certainly not getting the support he deserves so unless RD is a complete psycho I think he's fine. I do wonder what GL is thinking though.

RD has sacked him before and I'm sure he will again in the future.
    When did he sack him?

Removed him from the job at Standard but kept him on the payroll until another role in the network came up.
    Sorry, RD has "removed him from his job" before and I'm sure he will again in the future.
  • Options

Stig said:

Southbank said:

The owner is not going to blame himself. 2 defeats this week and Luzon will be gone I reckon.

If he does get the elbow ,which is highly likely,then when do we as a group of supporters say enough is enough?

Watford 5-0 was good, showed we had some 'spunk' as fans and that we don't like the s*** that is going on.
    A few songs and two banners. Scary stuff. The owner must have been quaking in his boots.

This has been done to death. RD will not bat an eyelid at supporter protest. Liege wrecked the ground and constantly protested (look what good RDs removal has done them) and he still went on his terms when the right price was forthcoming.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Not Luzons fault, we all know injuries thin squad has hit home. Only person that can take blame is RD and his so called experiment - probable meaning - he won't be spending any money. when once interviewed RD alongside Richard Murray, whereby Murray stating we could keep young talent and not have to sell whilst RD sat there probably thinking, that's what you think Mr Murray! Those players moved on could have been pivotal part to the clubs rebuild, ''If'' the club were able to persuade them to stay. So unless RD is somehow convinced to change his stance on club spending we are flogging a dead horse.
    Anyway - Here is a premature farewell - Nice knowing you Guy and Thank you!
  • Options
    Stig said:

Southbank said:

I don't know Stig. I really don't. Swallow it and shut the f*** up I suppose. Really is starting to get on my nerves though.
  • Options

Stig said:

Southbank said:

I don't know Stig. I really don't. Swallow it and shut the f*** up I suppose. Really is starting to get on my nerves though.
    If you want a meeting you'll need a new venue. The one in Woolwich is being demolished and turned into flats.

• Options
    Don't understand those who say that Luzon cannot be at fault because of our injury situation.

Every club in the league has injuries, that's just the nature of the game. It was Luzon's decision to put an 18 year old up front on his own yesterday with zero support whatsoever. Anyone at the game will be able to say that we were playing for a 0-0 at the very best from the first minute onwards. Put JBG up front if you have to! Just do anything that gives us some threat!

Yesterday wasn't just a matter of us being bad due to a poor squad - but the selection and tactics were absolutely shocking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Don't understand those who say that Luzon cannot be at fault because of our injury situation.

Every club in the league has injuries, that's just the nature of the game. It was Luzon's decision to put an 18 year old up front on his own yesterday with zero support whatsoever. Anyone at the game will be able to say that we were playing for a 0-0 at the very best from the first minute onwards. Put JBG up front if you have to! Just do anything that gives us some threat!

Yesterday wasn't just a matter of us being bad due to a poor squad - but the selection and tactics were absolutely shocking.

What should the team have been? We didn't have many options on the bench. Fox and Watt may have been left out the starting 11 because they weren't fully fit.
  • Options

Luzon will likely, only be in danger, when the fans turn on him, as they did at Liege.

RD sacked Luzon at Liege, because of the fans demonstrations, not because HE personally wanted to sack him.

Can't believe RD would do something because of fans demonstrating?
  • Options
    I've never understood the what can a manager do when the squad has injuries to key players.

If the squad is soley reliant on such players then the whole thing is not good enough anyway
  • Options

Luzon will likely, only be in danger, when the fans turn on him, as they did at Liege.

RD sacked Luzon at Liege, because of the fans demonstrations, not because HE personally wanted to sack him.

Can't believe RD would do something because of fans demonstrating?
    I presume you didn't see the videos of them breaking into his office and confronting him & also coming off the terraces and running along the touchline ?

They've all been on here some time ago.
  • Options
    Injuries are a major problem for us (we certainly missed Mak) but thats no excuse, Luzon's management is to question when he starts with a 18 year old player up top on his own yesterday who has not proved himself at this level. Cousins has played in 3 different positions so far and the team has changed every game so their is no consistency.

I did not approve Luzon's appointment anyway and I am certainly doubting him. We must put in a performance on Tuesday and get 3 points, if we don't Luzon needs to go!
  • Options
    Yeah we have to win on Tuesday
  • Options

I agree with you but he did sack him at Liège. Well, when I say sacked, moved him.
  • Options
    As things aren't going too well id say 35 at least.
  • Options

For Luzon to be sacked we have to be playing poorly with a fully fit squad as his disposal...

At the moment he doesnt have a full squad so is having to rely on inexperience and youth (Yes RD / KM should have strengthened blah blah blah but they didnt)... If he cant win matches with a complete side then I'd agree that he maybe has to go.

At the moment if we got rid of Luzon, we'd get the new man in charge just as were getting players back, so naturally performances would improve and the new man would be declared a genius and the man to take us up again.

People should always look beyond the results when sacking a Manager, yes its a results business (as MoTD / Sky would brainwash you into believing as they have to talk to fill timeslots) but I always look beyond the results, why did the team lose... Was it just bad luck, were players missing through injury / suspension, aint always so straight cut and those sort of reasons cant be blamed on the Manager

We should have stuck with Riga.
    Riga and Jackson: The dream team.

I will continue to give 100% support to Guy Luzon because with the injuries he had so little choice with the selection of the team.

But it would have been nice if he had a pair of bollocks and stood up to RD. That said we don't, of course, have any idea of what dialogue they have, its just that the puppet thing sticks.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I would call for him to be sacked if I had any confidence that the new man would be non network, come in and stand up and respect traditions but I don't, so might as well stick with the nobody we've got.