Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many games has Luzon got?

Comments

• Options
    Luzon's reason why we lost tonight:

'We have no pure wide players'

Has he been taking advice from Pardew???
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Duchatelet gets off on mystery and confusion, I bet he's furiously masturbating to the comments on CL as everyone tries to understand what he's up to.

Nah, if anything he's pulling his plonker to a spreadsheet with some tasty numbers at the bottom
  • Options
    If you don't have any wide players - crowd the midfield and stifle the game. Emergency tactics and not pretty - but gives you half a chance of getting something from the game. To be fair to Luzon, who did he have available to do that if he wanted to?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

What did the fans achieve tonight
    That was the youngest Charlton side I have seen start a match ... what else can Luzon do the injury list is horrendous add to it Gudmunnson and Watt now

What could he do, for a start he could organise them and send them out inspired and set up not to concede.

Instead we looked absolutely disorganised and beaten before the first whistle blew, no pride, no fight,no guts and hopefully no Luzon.
  • Options
    Luzon isn't the problem, anyone with a brain should realise that.

A new manager won't get any better performances out of these players, especially with the injury crisis we're in.
  • Options

A new manager won't get any better performances out of these players, especially with the injury crisis we're in.

but would a new manager get worse performances ....
    are they playing anywhere to near the maximum of their ability regularly enough
  • Options

Would you rather RD pays £1m to pay off Luzon and get a new manager in, or £1m on new players in jan? He's clearly set a budget and the squad must be the priority.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

That was the youngest Charlton side I have seen start a match ... what else can Luzon do the injury list is horrendous add to it Gudmunnson and Watt now

Whose fault will it be if relegated?
  • Options

Would you rather RD pays £1m to pay off Luzon and get a new manager in, or £1m on new players in jan? He's clearly set a budget and the squad must be the priority.
    Depends what shit we bring in as manager or players
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Would Luzon get that sort of payoff? He owes RD for giving him a couple of vaguely credible jobs
  • Options

Luzon will likely, only be in danger, when the fans turn on him, as they did at Liege.

RD sacked Luzon at Liege, because of the fans demonstrations, not because HE personally wanted to sack him.

Can't believe RD would do something because of fans demonstrating?
    I presume you didn't see the videos of them breaking into his office and confronting him & also coming off the terraces and running along the touchline ?

They've all been on here some time ago.
    Yes I did see them but don't believe he makes his decisions based on what fans want however hard they may try to persuade him
    Well he gave an interview saying that he sold Liege, because the fans wanted him out. I read it.
  • Options

Luzon will likely, only be in danger, when the fans turn on him, as they did at Liege.

RD sacked Luzon at Liege, because of the fans demonstrations, not because HE personally wanted to sack him.

I presume you didn't see the videos of them breaking into his office and confronting him & also coming off the terraces and running along the touchline ?

Yes I did see them but don't believe he makes his decisions based on what fans want however hard they may try to persuade him
    Well he gave an interview saying that he sold Liege, because the fans wanted him out. I read it.
    Indeed, but look at what lengths they went to in order to force him out. Even when kept a prisoner in his own office by a group of fans who stormed his offices, he stayed put. When he did sell the club it was during one of the quieter periods. In my view, Roland will sell when HE wants to, not when he is being forced to.
  • Options
    I can think of a young, hungry English manager in the Football League who's in prime position to replace Luzon. His side are in the promotion places and have only lost once all season. He's showing he has the knack for making the most out of limited resources. I think he's just what we need.

• Options
    edited October 2015

I would imagine the most Duchatelet would have pay is his contract to the end of the season and I doubt if he's on £200k a year. However sacking Luzon is no answer to the fundamental problem, which is Duchatelet himself.
    Agreed that sacking Luzon is not the answer, unless we were going to bring in a quality replacement, but who is going to come in working under this regime.

Another 12 months we will still be in the same position off the field{and down a division on it}.

Things will not improve until they go back home.
  • Options
    I completely agree that the squad he has is not big or strong enough for him to be shouldering the blame. It reminds me of the stick Parky got, "I know he has literally no budget, but..." - there was no but, in my opinion.

This time, I do wonder if his tactical nous is...lacking. The Liege warning seems to be on the money; he's all motivation and no tactics. I don't know for sure if that's true, he won me over a while back and I want to support him. But I've just got a feeling Peeters and Luzon were both in too deep in this league. If that is the case, his departure is inevitable. If he is tactically astute and just understaffed, I hope he makes it to January and we strengthen again.

My heart says, this time next week we will have a new manager.
  • Options
    Roland has got to man up, and admit ( if even not to the fans) that he is out of his depth.Short term fixes all the time is not the answer, yes he might be wealthy and successful, but in world terms the clubs he owns are tinpot and a distraction.

If the academy investment goes ahead, that is a really good thing long term, but there are only so many corners you can cut to run a business, without cracks appearing to show, people are going to lose interest in coming to Charlton if he's not careful, blind loyalty from supporters can easily change to people thinking well if he can't be bothered to do things properly, whŷ should I put up with this?

There's probably lots and lots of unhappy fans of various clubs up and down the country who think there clubs should be doing better, for me it feels like the life and soul is being drained out of the club.
  • Options
    The most depressing thing is, sacking the manager won't solve the obvious problem we now face, well, perhaps we've been having the same problem for almost two years (how time flies). Bringing in a new manager may work, it may not. One thing is for sure though, the honeymoon, if there will be one, won't last long. Fans are not idiots. After three managerial appointments, two of which have been proved as failures, I won't get excited for any new managers coming in. Not saying I want Luzon to stay though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

colin1961 said:

What could he do, for a start he could organise them and send them out inspired and set up not to concede.

Instead we looked absolutely disorganised and beaten before the first whistle blew, no pride, no fight,no guts and hopefully no Luzon.
    Dont think it was in his master plan to give away a free kick and so concede a goal in the first minute with a wall deciding not to jump, when that happened, the fans instantly started booing so heads dropped straight away
  • Options
    Appreciate Luzon does not have a full squad to pick from but that's football. Rarely can a manager enjoy the luxury of no players being absent. However limited his abilities are, he is reaping the 'rewards' of an owner with little clue, no willingness to invest, and an inbred arrogance that he knows best. Luzon will not last much longer - few would have made this far in current form - but his successor will inherit the same mess and be expected to perform miracles. And will, in the medium to long-term, fail.
  • Options
    Maybe Luzon is a short term impact manager, if he hadn't have been given the gig this season after keeping us up people would have been moaning like mad.

If Riga had been given a full season with us after keeping us up, would he have also run into the same brick wall Guy has now?
  • Options
    Just want to remind people of the shocking end of season performamces under Chris Powell when he joined us... Many wanted him gone then too.
  • Options
    Luzon is a not the cause of the issues but his tactical naivety is an issue. He has no experience of this league and needs to go. Playing Bergdich as a right winger is ludicrous, finishing the game with Holmes-Dennis another left back on the right wing on his debut was plain stupidity!
  • Options

Luzon is a not the cause of the issues but his tactical naivety is an issue. He has no experience of this league and needs to go. Playing Bergdich as a right winger is ludicrous, finishing the game with Holmes-Dennis another left back on the right wing on his debut was plain stupidity!

Only Oscar Garcia had experience of this league for Watford last season... Alex Neil had no experience in England for Norwich?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Before last nights game I was in the "it's not Luzon's fault, the resources he has to work with aren't good enough, injuries etc".

But I have to say, regardless of anything else, that was an absolute disgrace. If he genuinely thought that line up was going to achieve anything he's incompetent and should leave this club immediately. Jackson & Mak should have started, probably Moussa too. If they aren't fit enough then take them off later in the game, no point making changes when the game was lost long ago.

It might ultimately be Roland's fault - but that doesn't give Luzon a free pass.

Totally agree. I think Guy must be getting bad advice from our medical team. Those players you have mentioned would have all wanted to start last night. Also, play Hendo on Saturday for ffs, Pope sends a nervousness throughout everyone at the moment I'm afraid !
  • Options

Clearly I didn't read it! Does that mean there's hope?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Not pick three f**king left backs might be a start.
  • Options
    Luzon is rapidly making himself part of the problem. Unless Charlton comfortably beat Brentford on Saturday, he'll be gone by Monday. If Charlton buck recent form and get at least 4 points from boro and mkfranchise he'll maybe get a stay of execution. But I fully expect a change of face in the dugout by the SheffWeds game next month. I'm not advocating a change but we know all too well how the douchebag operates and GL's current ineffectiveness is playing right into the belgian's hands. The North stand's ringing endorsement last night won't have helped either.