Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many games has Luzon got?

Comments

• Options

Stig said:

Southbank said:

The owner is not going to blame himself. 2 defeats this week and Luzon will be gone I reckon.

If he does get the elbow ,which is highly likely,then when do we as a group of supporters say enough is enough?

The whole thing is a farce. And a very predictable one at that.
    What exactly would that entail though?
    I don't know Stig. I really don't. Swallow it and shut the f*** up I suppose. Really is starting to get on my nerves though.
    If you want a meeting you'll need a new venue. The one in Woolwich is being demolished and turned into flats.

RD own that as well does he?!
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

drewman said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I'm a bit confused. We've got a bunch of fans in this thread bemoaning the lunacy of our managerial merry-go-round, and just as many saying Luzon should be sacked. Which is it?

I would call for him to be sacked if I had any confidence that the new man would be non network, come in and stand up and respect traditions but I don't, so might as well stick with the nobody we've got.
    So you would be happy with Dave Jones or Paul Jewell who were both interviewed before Luzon took over
    How do you know they were interviewed?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

drewman said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I'm a bit confused. We've got a bunch of fans in this thread bemoaning the lunacy of our managerial merry-go-round, and just as many saying Luzon should be sacked. Which is it?

I would call for him to be sacked if I had any confidence that the new man would be non network, come in and stand up and respect traditions but I don't, so might as well stick with the nobody we've got.
    So you would be happy with Dave Jones or Paul Jewell who were both interviewed before Luzon took over
    Good one Colin.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

drewman said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I think you meant to post that in this thread.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/19050/jokes#latest
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

I wouldn't have any problems if he was sacked today. I wouldn't be surprised if they at least gave him the Preston game but any less than a win in that and he's gone for me.

How can you sack a manager who has had to deal with up to 12 players injured .... Did not hear anyone saying sack him after the Hull game before we started to lose players
    RD will be if he doesn't see what he wants in the next 2 home games, may even be after PNE if he doesn't like it.
  • Options
    Will it make a difference either way?

At this point in time I really don't see the point in sacking him, but that's only because of my complete lack of faith in RD to, 1) make a sensible decision and appoint someone who knows what they're doing in this league and 2) leave transfer dealings to said manager.

I remember some of you lot doing your best attempt at piss taking when I called for protest but I wonder how you feel now.

Our future is so, so, so predictable in this owner's hands.
  • Options
    If they sack Luzon before the end of the season then pass me a pitchfork and let me join the anti-brigade.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Luzon should not be sacked, at the moment. The owner has not given him the tools to do the job. It is like giving a surgeon a blunt knife and expecting him to carry out a complicated operation.
    For me, the acid test will be when everyone is fit. Will he do enough to keep us safe?

People keep saying this but in football it's unlikely that you'd have a moment once the season starts where everyone is fit - that's why you need a robust squad to cope with a minimum 48 game season. It doesn't really matter who the manager is if your squad is so weak that you have blatantly unready goalkeepers and strikers as starting options after a couple of months.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do we really have that many more injuries than others or is it just that we started with a much smaller and less experienced squad?

Briefly watching team news on SSN before Sat games and most teams had a string of players unavailable. It is more lucky NOT to have a number of injuries.
  • Options
    It's true that we and all other clubs have injuries but we seem to take forever to get our players back to fitness ( Vetokele , Mak , Hendo etc ) and because of that we could be cut adrift at the bottom before we know it. Who's at fault for this is debatable .
  • Options

Do we really have that many more injuries than others or is it just that we started with a much smaller and less experienced squad?

Briefly watching team news on SSN before Sat games and most teams had a string of players unavailable. It is more lucky NOT to have a number of injuries.

We started the season with 4 senior strikers (not including KAG) and by September they had all picked up an injury. In the past we'd have brought someone in on loan, something RD doesn't really like to do.
  • Options
    As much as the regime frustrates me I really don't see the point in sacking Luzon and bringing in yet another manager. I'd rather the board backed the manager with the right players rather than forcing him to use youth players who although look promising prospects individually should not be relied on to get us out of this situation. Igor injury aside, which I think was poorly managed well before Luzon arrived, he has been extremely unlucky with the sheer number of injuries to key players and the players who would have added depth to our squad (Makienok, Kashi, Cabellos, Reza to name a few). The board should have recognized this and brought in temporary back-ups at the very least. Everyone else does, that's why its an emergency loan.

The only area that hasn't changed from injuries is the defence and to be honest I don't hold any of them responsible for our recent results, in fact if it hadn't been for them (even Pope on more than one occasion has pulled off some outstanding saves, despite his odd fumble which unfortunately for him he is always remembered for) we would have been punished a whole lot more.

KAG should not have been up front on his own at the weekend. That is Luzon's choice especially with Watt on the bench. But other than that choice I can't see what else he could do selection wise. Even changing Pope for Henderson wouldn't have made any difference. 1-0 to Reading is not a disgraceful result. What bugs me about the weekend is that we only had 2 shots. How can that be acceptable to any owner wanting to make money out of football.

Not all loans work, but that's why the scouting system needs to do their homework and get the right ones. But maybe the scouting team are doing their homework and the board are just saying "NO" to every option because we don't have the money. Not having the money is an acceptable answer, but surely a temporary players salary is worth doing to try and stop a slump and prevent us getting into a situation that would be far more catastrophic. If we get relegated we are doomed for a long time under this leadership. Players like Bauer, Kashi, Makienok, Watt, Cabellos and Cousins would not still be with us if we went down (though I don't expect many of these to be with us next season even if we stay up, maybe Cousins would stay).

Luzon needs his full squad fit, because at the beginning of the season this team looked promising. A few injuries and things get messy. If we can't get the players fit, the board MUST bring in reinforcements even on a temporary basis because the less they do the more the fans will attack them and then they only have themselves to blame.
  • Options
    Luzon has my 100% support. When we had a fully fit squad he was good results, and it's pretty unreasonable to expect him to be able to do the same with the level of injuries we are carrying and the experience/quality of those who are filling in the gaps.
    When we have the fitness level back, if there is the same set of results then I'll be critical of Luzon - but right now all that's happening is that he (and the team and us fans) are being set up to fail by the limitations that have been imposed by those running and owning the club.
    We can't rely on inexperienced academy players. They should of course be integrated into the squad - but they need to be developed to gain the right experience not just chucked in at the deep end and left to get on with it - particularly if they have to play out of position which I guess is something you have to learn and adapt to which of course takes time.

Sacking the manager will not resolve injury and inexperience. There may (depending on who you get) be the standard new manager lift for a short while and it may save us from the drop as it has on previous seasons, but is that the right way to run a football club when you look at it from a longer-term objective?
    Perhaps there isn't the drive and will on the part of Duchatalet and Meire to get us back to the Premiership? If you shoot for the moon you at least end up in the stars, as they say. What is their actual intention??
  • Options
    ''Not all loans work,''

e.g. McAleny!!!!
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Luzon should not be sacked, at the moment. The owner has not given him the tools to do the job. It is like giving a surgeon a blunt knife and expecting him to carry out a complicated operation.
    For me, the acid test will be when everyone is fit. Will he do enough to keep us safe?

I can't imagine everyone being fit. Especially Igor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    one more game than Rosler anyway!
  • Options
    Luzon should be given until the end of the season at the very minimum
  • Options

Saturday 24 Oct

17.00 CAFC wins 2nd Game in week.

1702 Guy Luzon does Tunnel jump.

1710 RD sacks Luzon (because not in top 6)

1715 Interview process starts.

1800 After Paul Jewell and Dave Jones decline head coach role.

18.05 Steve Evans appointed on 5 year rolling contract.

Saturday 7 November.

1500 CAFC fans protest outside ground and miss 1st half against Sheff Wednesday.

1545 CAFC 5 nil up with everyone fit.

1600 Fans enter ground.

1700 Charlton hold on for a 5-4 win.

1701 The whole Charlton team leap on top of each other and Steve Evans
    does a swallow jump and lands on top.

1710. 18 CAFC players are rushed to hospital with crush injuries and are all ruled
    out for the season.

• Options

Saturday 24 Oct

17.00 CAFC wins 2nd Game in week.

1702 Guy Luzon does Tunnel jump.

1710 RD sacks Luzon (because not in top 6)

1715 Interview process starts.

1800 After Paul Jewell and Dave Jones decline head coach role.

18.05 Steve Evans appointed on 5 year rolling contract.

Saturday 7 November.

1500. CAFC fans protest outside ground and miss 1st half against Sheff Wednesday.

1545. CAFC 5 nil up with everyone fit.

1600. Fans enter ground.

1700. Charlton hold on for a 5-4 win.

1701. The whole Charlton team leap on top of each other and Steve Evans
    does a swallow jump and lands on top.

1710. 18 CAFC players are rushed to hospital with crush injuries and are all ruled
    out for the season.

But the injuries actually take three seasons to recover from because, you know, Charlton.