Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many games has Luzon got?

Comments

• Options
    I expect Guy will be sacked if we don't turn things around in the next two games, i just wonder how many more Coaches we will see arrive and leave before the realization kicks in to our owner that his willfully naive plan is the the broken part that needs fixing at our club.
  • Options
    If the owner's plan is a minimal financial outlay on a squad then he will have factored into the equation that sacking managers would be a regular event. Luzon, unlike Powell, signed up knowing exactly what the situation would be.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

drewman said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I'm a bit confused. We've got a bunch of fans in this thread bemoaning the lunacy of our managerial merry-go-round, and just as many saying Luzon should be sacked. Which is it?

I would call for him to be sacked if I had any confidence that the new man would be non network, come in and stand up and respect traditions but I don't, so might as well stick with the nobody we've got.
    So you would be happy with Dave Jones or Paul Jewell who were both interviewed before Luzon took over
    First I heard they were interviewed but yeah I'd be happy with Dave Jones. Not sure about Jewell, would need reminding of his track record.
  • Options
    We have injuries but I don't think there is any excuse for a team with attacking players with the quality of Cousins, JBG, Watt to be the most boring team in the league. He should be under pressure but ultimately we won't bring someone else in that we know of so whatever.
  • Options
    No point sacking Luzon if one of M.Roly's stogges takes over. Frayere? Get rid of the Karen Brady wanabee first of all and then ask him what way do we move forward?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    No point asking him, he won't tell us. But we have worked out his plan is bo***cks anyway so we don't really need any explanations from him. Still I watched an entertaining match on Sunday - my son's beat the top of the league team in a close tight game. Far more enjoyable than watching the team that I love that no longer loves me!
  • Options
    edited October 2015

No point asking him, he won't tell us. But we have worked out his plan is bo***cks anyway so we don't really need any explanations from him. Still I watched an entertaining match on Sunday - my son's beat the top of the league team in a close tight game. Far more enjoyable than watching the team that I love that no longer loves me!

Same here. I look forward to watching my eldest son play in the Bedfordshire Under 13's league every Sunday morning far more than watching Charlton yet i will be there tomorrow and Saturday and i will continue to make that 170 mile round trip every home game because I love Charlton Athletic it's an expensive habit that I've been doing so long now i just can't snap out of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I expect Guy will be sacked if we don't turn things around in the next two games, i just wonder how many more Coaches we will see arrive and leave before the realization kicks in to our owner that his willfully naive plan is the the broken part that needs fixing at our club.

About time we parked the bus.
  • Options

Luzon will likely, only be in danger, when the fans turn on him, as they did at Liege.

RD sacked Luzon at Liege, because of the fans demonstrations, not because HE personally wanted to sack him.

Can't believe RD would do something because of fans demonstrating?
    I presume you didn't see the videos of them breaking into his office and confronting him & also coming off the terraces and running along the touchline ?

They've all been on here some time ago.
    Yes I did see them but don't believe he makes his decisions based on what fans want however hard they may try to persuade him
  • Options
    One more game now , I reckon
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Lucky he rested players at Palace to focus on the league.

Spat my drink out on that one lols
  • Options
    Needs to go as soon as. Feel for him to an extent. But he's awful tactically and has no chance of success under Roland. He knew what he was getting himself in to though.
  • Options
    If he has anything about him he'd walk. I'd half respect him for that.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

One more game now , I reckon

That long?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If anyone thinks this is mainly down to Luzon they need their head tested

Yes he could have maybe done more tonight but I simply cannot be angry at a manager who is forced to play the likes of Sarr, Bergdich and Ba alongside very unexperienced youth.
  • Options

Blaming Luzon for this mess would be like blaming an airport security guard for 9/11

RD will not blame himself or his strategy,so it will be Luzon who carries the can.
  • Options
    After tonight's display he should go - no excuses justify such a gutless inept display.
  • Options
    two perhaps, not that it is the answer
  • Options
    None, hopefully.
  • Options
    He says he'll still be in charge on Sat (although he would say that!!) I reckon if we don't win one of our next two he's gone.
  • Options

To be fair he should be given time. The other Alex Ferguson struggled at first for a bit too.
  • Options
    Probably not really his fault but the buck always stops with the manager/head coach in the owner's eye of a club these days.