Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many games has Luzon got?

Comments

• Options
    The difference between Luzon and the previous three managers, is that he's playing with players HE brought in. I think we are operating with a huge handicap when our owner, our CEO and our manager are "outsiders", probably the main reason we haven't been able to sign some targeted players.
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with guy. I supported him when he got the job and I still support him now. Yes we are on a bad run but it's not the 1sr time nor will it be the last bad run a Charlton manger will go on. I feel to many so called fans think we should be in the premiership but sadly that will not happen for a very long time. There is lots of work to be done on and off the pitch which will take time. Old owners and manger have left Charlton in a bad way and it needs fixing. But lots of fans just like to birch and moan about everything. You just need to relax and try to support the team. When our time comes again we will enjoy it
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

I don't want Luzon to go but it wouldn't surprise me. It also wouldn't upset me- we've got used to it

What about Mrs Luzon?
  • Options
    We've had 11 Managers in the last 11 years. That is a complete joke and offers no continuity but, there again, when there are every season wholesale changes to the squad, rather than allowing it to evolve, you won't get that continuity in any event.

By the end of January we will know whether Luzon has managed to make the most of the resources available to him and also whether RD is prepared to back him with additions to the squad that will strengthen our position. Until then (assuming we don't become detached at the bottom) Luzon should be allowed to get on with the job in hand.

• Options
    I'm not sure Luzon got the squad he wanted, maybe a first XI although that could be a couple short of what he had in mind. Although he'll be the one to carry the can, I think any manager would struggle with a squad as thin as this one. And they used to call England the impossible job.....

I suspect if we keep losing Luzon has got a month at most, then we'll try and replicate last season. Having said that, Katrien has been at pains to tell us we're over budget so expect a smaller sticking plaster than 12 months ago.

• Options
    I don't think it's right, but if we get a tonking on Sunday, I think Guy will be gone by Sunday night.
  • Options
    I think we are suffering from having so many players with little experience of the Championship. Once things start going wrong, that's when you need experienced players to steady the ship, players used to the intensity of English football. It takes time to get used to a new country, especially when tiredness creeps in after the initial opening games
    The summer of 2014, it's interesting that MORE of the players we signed had experience of British football, TBH, Bikey, Henderson, Moussa, whereas this summer the only player signed from a British club was Ba who had barely played for Sunderland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be honest you see a performance before a manager gets sacked where the team look unmotivated and unorganised and you just know that the managers lost it. Sitting there on Saturday at Cardiff I had that sense. If that had been a home game this thread would have been started days ago and would have hundreds of responses.
  • Options
    I think his dismissal of Callum Harriot ( along with the usual section of fans) is quite telling. We are desperate for an attacking winger and Luzon ships him out.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I think he's only got one game left.

I'm just not sure which game it will be.

Probably his last one...
  • Options
    16 points from the last 16 league games....I suppose a case could be made for the last 7 games of last season being meaningless, but if we continue to bump along at a point a game he needs to go soon...
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    11 managers in 11 years....is that right?!
    Curbs
    Dowie
    Reed
    Pardew
    Parkinson
    Powell
    Riga
    Peeters
    Luzon
  • Options
    He's our Alex Ferguson, so at least 500 more games.

I rate Luzon and he's not to blame. It's all down to KM and RD.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

the owner will panic if we drop into the bottom three.

He should make sure we don't then.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Curbs
    Dowie
    Reed
    Pardew
    Parkinson
    Powell
    Riga
    Peeters
    Luzon

I'm not sure if they count, Peacock was caretaker before Powell, while for the terrible Watford match last January, weren't Matthews and Roberts in charge?
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Curbs
    Dowie
    Reed
    Pardew
    Parkinson
    Powell
    Riga
    Peeters
    Luzon

I'm not sure if they count, Peacock was caretaker before Powell, while for the terrible Watford match last January, weren't Matthews and Roberts in charge?
    They don't count. They were not appointed as permanent managers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are hampered by injuries so his hands are tied if budget restrictions are to be believed. If all were fit we are still short at LW given the unfathomable loan of Harriott, short-comings of Bergditch and RD's failure to give us Bulot for nought. His methodology of counter-attacks has been negated by a lack of pace upfront and a curious target man who divides opinion. No plan B to date.

Man management issues with Igor, TWWW and CMessi will not help his cause along with JJ's non-appearances and discard of prior year regulars won't help, esp the Bikey freeze-out.
  • Options
    The usual lot will be calling for his head if Fulham roll us over on Saturday. We all know how football is now a days, if the poor run continues then Roland will look elsewhere. I like Luzon, and although what's happening on the pitch isn't entirely his fault, he will be the one who takes the blame
  • Options
    He's got 3... should have 9
  • Options
    Christmas need to be mid-table or RD will definitely act, or instruct KM to have a word.
  • Options
    The experiment is not working.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Powell... Wasnt one of Roland's men so went

Riga... Was only ever on a Contract till the end of the season so was never sacked, I dont think he was given the job because of the way he likes to move on from jobs.

Peeters... Was a completely new Manager that had never worked with Roland before, the bust ups round the training ground didnt help.

Luzon... Roland never wanted to sack him as Manager of Liege, he was forced to sack him after pressure from the fans out there (Who with the Steven Defour banner, have a bit of a screw loose), even when Luzon was sacked he was kept in the network so Roland highly rates him

He'll be fine, were going through a dip in form but hopefully the next International Break after Fulham means we can regroup as a side.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Valley11 said:

Curbs
    Dowie
    Reed
    Pardew
    Parkinson
    Powell
    Riga
    Peeters
    Luzon

Valley11 said:

Curbs
    Dowie
    Reed
    Pardew
    Parkinson
    Powell
    Riga
    Peeters
    Luzon

They don't count. They were not appointed as permanent managers.
    Guy Luzon 22 Jan, 2015 Present
    Damian Matthew 13 Jan, 2015 22 Jan, 2015
    Bob Peeters 27 May, 2014 12 Jan, 2015
    Jose Riga 11 Mar, 2014 27 May, 2014
    Chris Powell 14 Jan, 2011 11 Mar, 2014
    Keith Peacock 04 Jan, 2011 14 Jan, 2011
    Phil Parkinson 24 Nov, 2008 04 Jan, 2011
    Alan Pardew 26 Dec, 2006 22 Nov, 2008
    Les Reed 14 Nov, 2006 23 Dec, 2006
    Iain Dowie 30 May, 2006 13 Nov, 2006
    Alan Curbishley 24 Jul, 1991 08 May, 2006
    Steve Gritt 24 Jul, 1991 15 Jun, 1995
    Lennie Lawrence 22 Nov, 1982 10 Jul, 1991
    Ken Craggs 02 Jun, 1982 22 Nov, 1982
    Alan Mullery 01 Jul, 1981 01 Jun, 1982
    Mike Bailey 25 Mar, 1980 30 Jun, 1981
    Andy Nelson 17 May, 1974 25 Mar, 1980
    Theo Foley 01 Mar, 1970 23 Apr, 1974
    Eddie Firmani 01 Sep, 1967 01 Mar, 1970
    Bob Stokoe 01 Aug, 1965 01 Sep, 1967
    Frank Hill 01 Nov, 1961 01 Aug, 1965
    Jimmy Trotter 01 Sep, 1956 31 Oct, 1961
    Jimmy Seed 01 May, 1933 01 Sep, 1956
    Alex McFarlane 01 May, 1928 01 Dec, 1932
    Albert Lindon 01 Jan, 1928 01 May, 1928
    Alex McFarlane 01 May, 1925 01 Jan, 1927
    Bill Rayner 01 Jun, 1920 01 May, 1925

The team wasn't managing itself during the Matthew/Peacock period! Bookmakers wouldn't settle any bets on them because their rules usually state "permanent" but that's not the argument.

But, for the sake of good order, let's call it nine in nine years (not 11 years as previously stated by me). We have to go back 50 years for the previous nine managers!

And of course should Luzon go in the next nine months it will be ten permanent Managers in ten years plus at least two (if not three) temporary ones.
  • Options
    They might be rich, but why are chairmen incompetent at getting good managers?