Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match boycott next home match v Sheff Wed

edited October 2015 in General Charlton
Following my successful Luzon to go thread, what's the consensus lifers'
Do we boycott?
Answer yes or no.

Yes.

Comments

• Options
    Far to soon to say want to know how the new manager is going to be but if another network manager
    Demonstrate before and after
  • Options
    yes, but I boycott every home game anyway
  • Options
    Perhaps the best hope of driving dialogue and change is by targeting the boycott(s).
    Targeting them to hit the budget.
    I'd say, turn up and use your already paid for season ticket but hit the budget by boycotting match-day sales.
    This could be ramped up over a period of time and involve not buying programmes the first game, not buying programmes or food/drink the next, not buying programmes, food or items from the shop the 3rd week...........all culminating in a co-ordinated boycott of season ticket sales for next season.
    Hitting the budget will get KM's and later RD's attention and may drive the dialogue and change we seek.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's get some banners/flags up, I know there were a few at Watford away last season, let's do something at least
  • Options
    redman said:

they've got my money for the season ticket already so how is a boycott going to achieve anything? I will be there

Empty seats send a message that the fans won't put up with this shit indefinitely. If Meire stands in that directors box and sees a totally empty stadium that will be a powerful image.

I'd encourage you to at least refuse to spend a penny in any club run food/merchandise outlets.

If we want them to listen, we have to hit them where it hurts.

• Options
    se9addick said:

No.

An organised boycott of the catering, which will leave KM & RD having to explain themselves to DNC might be an interesting idea though.

Knowing them they'll just say 'you don't want catering? Fine we'll shut it all down'.
  • Options

se9addick said:

No.

An organised boycott of the catering, which will leave KM & RD having to explain themselves to DNC might be an interesting idea though.

Knowing them they'll just say 'you don't want catering? Fine we'll shut it all down'.
    They can't. Four year deal with DNC to keep.

DNC want to cover their costs but need bigger and sales and crowds to so.
  • Options
    First line of attack then
  • Options

se9addick said:

No.

Exactly, the deal will be based on a predicted number/value of sales. If there is a dramatic drop off I would imagine DNC will want to renegotiate the agreement, there may even be a contractual clause allowing them to do so.
  • Options
    Trouble with not buying food is that income is already down under the new deal. (Finance report in the programme yesterday)
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Trouble with not buying food is that income is already down under the new deal. (Finance report in the programme yesterday)

Income and costs - because the club is no longer covering the latter. Different thing entirely.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I've already decided I won't go anymore as that's my personal choice, however, is a mass boycott actually of any use seen as they've already had the season ticket money anyway?
  • Options
    NO. Because us fans that go can tell these current wheeler dealers how we feel at the games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

No.

Definitely worth putting the pressure on them then.
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Does anybody really believe RD will care about a boycott? He's a madman with loads of money and can do what the hell he likes.

That's the way society works these days!
  • Options
    Another option for those who still choose to go to the home matches, how about at a given time everybody stand and turn their backs to the pitch and fall totally silent. Might only be effective just the once but would certainly be a talking point.
  • Options
    Seen that happen at Eintracht Frankfurt, can be quite effective, as is waiting on the concourse and entering the stand 15 minutes after kickoff
  • Options
    Take your seats for kickoff.
    Cellotape a sheet of A4 with Stig's "Spell it out in black and white" message to the back of the seat.
    Coordinated, silent return to the concourse enmasse five minutes (or some arranged time) after kickoff. Alert press ahead of time to ensure that photos and the like capture and broadcast the act.
    Hangout on the concourse for an amount of time, then return to your seat.

Or just wear black and white and "Stand for Charlton" at some prearranged time.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Take your seats for kickoff.
    Cellotape a sheet of A4 with Stig's "Spell it out in black and white" message to the back of the seat.
    Coordinated, silent return to the concourse enmasse five minutes (or some arranged time) after kickoff. Alert press ahead of time to ensure that photos and the like capture and broadcast the act.
    Hangout on the concourse for an amount of time, then return to your seat.

Or just wear black and white and "Stand for Charlton" at some prearranged time.

Not bad :smiley:
  • Options

Does anybody really believe RD will care about a boycott? He's a madman with loads of money and can do what the hell he likes.

That's the way society works these days!

No, but the press might. And they pile on a bit of pressure.

What Duchatalet is counting on is apathy.