Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match boycott next home match v Sheff Wed

Comments

• Options
    I realise we are all capable of changing our minds in the blink of an eye, but at this point in time I've no inclination of going to the next game but will attend Ipswich as I very much hope everyone else of the mindset of bringing our discontent to the cameras and watching millions thousands hundreds
  • Options

se9addick said:

No.

An organised boycott of the catering, which will leave KM & RD having to explain themselves to DNC might be an interesting idea though.

Knowing them they'll just say 'you don't want catering? Fine we'll shut it all down'.
    The food outlet by the family stand has been shut for then last two games.
  • Options
    No to boycott
    But yes to match day protest and catering boycott.
    Grabbing press attention force KM to answer out in public about the fan discontent will put her under pressure, pressure we should look to ramp up at every opportunity
  • Options
    ...of course, the flip side if the fans turn their back is for RD to sell the club/ground to a housing development and CAFC disappears.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

...of course, the flip side if the fans turn their back is for RD to sell the club/ground to a housing development and CAFC disappears.

Maybe this was his plan all along.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

No to boycott
    But yes to match day protest and catering boycott.
    Grabbing press attention force KM to answer out in public about the fan discontent will put her under pressure, pressure we should look to ramp up at every opportunity

A tad unrelated so I apologise but would any vocal disconsent in the ground perhaps be more effective as well if many of the vocal fans in the North Upper made the move down to the North Lower? It might help with the matchday atmosphere on a positive front, look better on TV if all together directly behind the goal in the lower and also make any organised protests such as displaying banners more effective in a populated area?
  • Options
    I know not everyone would do it but with the press tipped off. A collective moon at the directors box. The Sun would love it.
  • Options

I know not everyone would do it but with the press tipped off. A collective moon at the directors box. The Sun would love it.

And if its a cold day we can have 'Blue Moon' playing over the tannoy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes for me
  • Options
    I like the idea of a 5-10 min boycott protest. Seats will be empty plus everyone can stay inside and have another beer. Happy days.
  • Options
    Thought we were boycotting the catering?
  • Options
    I'm in. Boycott the match and also has consequences on match day profits which will be next to nothing, will still be a couple thousand that won't have heard about it. Perhaps also singing from outside the stadium (executive side) to show we still care, but aren't prepared to give this DEMON of a man any money.
  • Options
    Debate for the Trust meeting this week. We need to be organised. All in favour of action. A banner would be good and we need to ensure the Stewards aren't stopping a legitimate protest.
  • Options

I like the idea of a 5-10 min boycott protest. Seats will be empty plus everyone can stay inside and have another beer. Happy days.

You drink fast.
  • Options
    Yes boycott matches.
  • Options
    I've thought this before, but if we have a protest leaflet that at some point in the game, we all make into a paper plane and throw on the pitch, it will be a good visual protest and take some time to clear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Granpa said:

This is my Club, and it has been for 60 years. I have endured the good, the bad, the ugly, including owners and Directors including some real tossers. I will die loving and supporting my Club. All this negativity will achieve nothing, except to make you all miserable. Roland and Katrien have got a lot to learn, but I believe they want the best for my Club, so you can stick your banners where the monkeys put their nuts ! I will remain positive, and continue to offer constructive criticism, so will somebody give that ridiculous sofa to a needy charity.

So we do nothing? Turn up, spend our money, clap and cheer on our woeful team and management structure that are heading into league one?
  • Options
    the 5 min idea is the best IMO
  • Options
    I won't be there. But, to be honest, I'm taking the Mrs to Bruges that weekend as a birthday treat so I was always going to be missing.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

As I wrote in another thread.

The Bayern Munich fans got their point across at Arsenal with a five minute protest. That's all it needs to start with. The sight of empty seats at the kick-off, then filled up by a surge of people coming in on the fifth minute will grab attention, as will a well worded banner if you can get one in. I think embarrassing Roly into explaining his plans to the press will have more effect than abuse.

Also, anyone can print ROLY OUT or MEIRE OUT, on A3 or A4 paper. A few of them held up for the press to photograph in will also do the trick.

Sky Soccer Saturday wIll publicise it on the day, as will the local press before and after. We need the press to pick up on it and embarrass the CEO into having to answer questions. Putting the CEO under pressure will get to Roly.

This. Hopefully we can spread the word.