Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match boycott next home match v Sheff Wed

Comments

• Options
    jamescafc said:

So many ideas coming in from all angles. Are the Trust going to focus on one idea and lead it through to completion?

Yes someone needs to take charge (i.e trust maybe) and come forward with one idea that most fans agree with and organize how it will take place during the game. The most important things are that:
    - we get the message across
    - get noticed by the press etc (similar to above)
    - get fans of other clubs to sypathise with us and share support with us, like the Brighton and Ipswich fans that have already posted
  • Options
    It is simple - target the tv game - print loads of leaflets with Roland out or similar on them, then after the amount of minutes corresponding to our league position, we throw them all on the pitch. Wont hurt anybody and tv game will be delayed as they are picked up. WIll publicise and embaress!
  • Options
    After the overzealous reaction to my post yesterday (the removal of it, despite me ensuring that it was labelled up correctly as being 'Fun, Jokes & Captions') I shall support RD and his aims for this great club.

Blame whoever hovers their digit over the button :wink:

• Options
    Agree with the leaflets on the pitch. Look at when Brown got sent off whilst injured. That still pops up on football years. I don't know anything about the supporters trust but surely now is the time to start doing something???
  • Options
    agim said:

Agree with the leaflets on the pitch. Look at when Brown got sent off whilst injured. That still pops up on football years. I don't know anything about the supporters trust but surely now is the time to start doing something???

Black and white paper airplanes, all thrown at the same time and disturbing the match so Roland gets a nice 20k fine.

Then the next time it's done it's 40k.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

agim said:

Black and white paper airplanes, all thrown at the same time and disturbing the match so Roland gets a nice 20k fine.

Can you all ensure that you use recycled paper, please?
  • Options
    Perhaps a meeting next week at the Bugle?

For me the most effective protests should be

wearing black and white

Demo before the match

Catering boycott
  • Options
    To many fans what happens on the pitch is all that matters and if the new coach strings a few decent results together the majority won't care about the club's mismanagement.

Having said that we have the perfect opportunity with the televising of the Ipswich match to make our feelings known and as some others have said this should be done in a visual and/or vocal manner so as to have an impact on the televising of the match. It would also be helpful if the Sky team could be given the background to our dissatisfaction before the match, maybe in the form of a leaflet.

I can't do much from up here in Lancashire and I don't have the contacts but some of you do, also some of you are meeting at the Trust's AGM this week and whilst the Trust might not want to be seen to be involved it doesn't stop those at the meeting starting to organise a protest outside the Trust. The Wendies game could be used to leaflet our supporters and direct them towards a Facebook/Twitter site for up-to-date information on the protest and then organise the protest for the Ipswich match.

I'm sure that we all would love the new coach to win the games upto Ipswich but it is unlikely with Middlesbro', Wendies and Birmingham so please get organising.

One final plea don't let's have any "fuck off" type protests as they might be well meant but some will be turned off by such language and the Sky cameras will not show such stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't read through this whole thread but don't think a boycott of a league game would work. Definitely think a mass protest pre Ipswich is they way forward, followed by late entry to the ground. This should be combined with the balloon idea, at 19 minutes flood the pitch with the white and black balloons, stopping the game.

Also everyone attending should lay a poppy under the large CAFC sign.

Also definitely agree that nobody should buy anything from the club anymore, including a complete boycott of any home cup games.

Sorry if this is a repeat of what has already been agreed.
  • Options
    Plenty of good suggestions. Now it's time to pick two or three and go with them.

How do we decide? Should we poll it (across all platforms) and see which are most popular?
  • Options
    I personally think the black and white idea is pointless. 'Oh no a few hundred people are wearing black and white scarves, we better sell up'
  • Options

I personally think the black and white idea is pointless. 'Oh no a few hundred people are wearing black and white scarves, we better sell up'

Or start selling them.
  • Options

Plenty of good suggestions. Now it's time to pick two or three and go with them.

How do we decide? Should we poll it (across all platforms) and see which are most popular?

I think this is a good idea, but I really think we need to trust to lead on this. They are the ones that are going to have the best resource to pull fans from different groups together and get everyone on the same page.

It's really important that a few key ideas are decided upon because there is no way anyone will notice if one person wears a black and white scarf, one person boycotts the catering, one person doesn't turn up etc etc.

I like the idea of boycotting catering, but we need a way to let Katrien know that is what is happening. Obviously she will see the revenue figures, and think 'Hmm we've taken 6k less today than last week' or whatever, but it needs to be made clear to her that it is an active boycott of services at The Valley and will continue until we get answers.

The more visual/actively communicated any protest is the more chance the media have of picking it up which can only be a good thing.
  • Options
    The most effective one would be all walk to the concourse after 5 mins, even if 50% do it that would look pretty spectacular and get the message home....

Whatever you do not everyone will join in or approve, so something peaceful that people can see happening would be the way to go?
  • Options

The most effective one would be all walk to the concourse after 5 mins, even if 50% do it that would look pretty spectacular and get the message home....

But don't, whatever you do, dare buy a hot dog when you get there.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    What we need to do is a sit down silent protest.lets say all fans sit down or stand depend on weather. Stop the directors or the away team bus to reaching the valley. This is could be done either at Floyd road or Harvey gardens may be the Ipswich Town fans may join us. This will delay kick off . which sky will have to make announcement plus we would all make the kick off. To support OUR TEAM.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

agim said:

Can you all ensure that you use recycled paper, please?
    A bit more effort please B B W.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What we need to do is a sit down silent protest.lets say all fans sit down or stand depend on weather. Stop the directors or the away team bus to reach the valley. This is could be done either at Floyd road or Harvey gardens may be the Ipswich Town fans my join us. This will delay kick off.we would all make the kick off. To support OUR TEAM

You can criss cross the road continually at the top of Floyd road, again at 'Seabay' junction, continually do up shoelaces all along the remainder of Floyd road, and have a mass sit down outside the club shop. Trouble is you have to arrive about 10.45 pm to make this work for the Ipswich game, but delay to the start would have to be commented on by Sky.

If we had a 'ninja' group of supporters, then drone flyers dotted around the stadium might disrupt the match, but that would be downright breaking the law, and only worth trying if you can get away with it.

Covering the pitch with stuff like others have done, might also disrupt things.

Everyone taking a referees whistle in, and blowing randomly or continually might disrupt and delay.

Chants, flags and signs go without saying.

jeez am I really writing all this stuff?

This might help:

http://classics.mit.edu/Tzu/artwar.html

• Options

What we need to do is a sit down silent protest.lets say all fans sit down or stand depend on weather.

only at Charlton...
    perhaps someone could supply some rugs and maybe umbrellas.

• Options
    Don't want to sound negative but I feel that if we can't come up with any form of action by the Ipswich game (one month away) then nothing is ever going to be done! Sadly I feel that this could be the case as I believe there is a massive split in the fanbases's attitudes, for instance didn't a few people on here say that they were shouted down by a majority of fans when they tried asking Katrien some difficult questions at a VIP meeting last season? That to me says that we have a few fans who are just prepared to grin and bear it.

Boycotting burgers is hardly going to be noticed and picked up by Sky, the best and most effective way in my opinion is the Bayern Munich method which would I think would work in any of the stands. A very simple way would be five minutes in the concourses followed by people re-emerging after five minutes with replicas of the "Made in Charlton, destroyed in Belgium" flags.

Sadly I feel that this action has come too late because I believe that this should have started the day Chris Powell was sacked, that for me was the day that I decided no more season ticket and no more buying club merchandise and what did we even do to show our disgust with that decision, chant Chris Powell's name for one minute in one match. English football fans have definitely become too nice, but maybe that's because you can get away with a lot more in Europe, I'm willing to bet that all the Standard Liege fans that stormed the pitch don't have banning orders.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    r

Don't want to sound negative but I feel that if we can't come up with any form of action by the Ipswich game (one month away) then nothing is ever going to be done! Sadly I feel that this could be the case as I believe there is a massive split in the fanbases's attitudes, for instance didn't a few people on here say that they were shouted down by a majority of fans when they tried asking Katrien some difficult questions at a VIP meeting last season? That to me says that we have a few fans who are just prepared to grin and bear it.

Boycotting burgers is hardly going to be noticed and picked up by Sky, the best and most effective way in my opinion is the Bayern Munich method which would I think would work in any of the stands. A very simple way would be five minutes in the concourses followed by people re-emerging after five minutes with replicas of the "Made in Charlton, destroyed in Belgium" flags.

Sadly I feel that this action has come too late because I believe that this should have started the day Chris Powell was sacked, that for me was the day that I decided no more season ticket and no more buying club merchandise and what did we even do to show our disgust with that decision, chant Chris Powell's name for one minute in one match. English football fans have definitely become too nice, but maybe that's because you can get away with a lot more in Europe, I'm willing to bet that all the Standard Liege fans that stormed the pitch don't have banning orders.

Yes you are right. Too many agendas and too late.

Even now many saying players need our support and others that we just need to open channels of communication.

Don't forget the back to the valley campaign started with the Stoke match unrest (crossbar nearly broken, match held up, police on pitch, fans inside the stand), boycott etc.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Correct.

It has to be the Ipswich game and it has to be newsworthy and unified.

I know the Trust need to be careful with not to be seen as promoting this as then the club definitely won't talk to them, but to me they are really the only hope of any unified action.

Unless anyone has any other bodies that will have the same reach as them?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

But don't, whatever you do, dare buy a hot dog when you get there.
    Suppose the management preempt that move and start offering free hot dogs, yet another dilemma.
  • Options
    Does the Trust really have anything to lose in respect to communication with the club?

Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't seem that much progress has been made.
  • Options

Just putting this idea out there

Now that it will be getting dark towards the end of the matches, at a certain minute everyone gets the phones out and turns there torch on as a way of making ourselves seen and noticed. It won't seem much on its own but if a message can be put across on social media so everyone knows what its about it could be effective.

This has got to be the most ridiculous post on this thread.
    Can we wave them in an "Elton John concert" manner?
  • Options
    Tell all the cafc supporters you know.
  • Options
    Think we've reached our CL quota for Wendy focused threads for this season so in further news. They've just signed Gary Hooper on a emergency loan.

Concerning a boycott, the game Ipswich should be our focus. A few people mention it wouldn't warrant a sniff from our illustrious leader but from a psychological standpoint I think its important we do something. Even if only a few hundred head to the concourse at kickoff for a set time, at least it's a start.

We also have to remember not all Charlton fans are tech savvy and/or have access to social media platforms; if they see others doing it then surely it would spread the word for future action.

In essence, I would be pretty confident in saying; Action at the Ipswich game will lead to further action on a larger scale. No action and it's very likely nothing will happen at all in the near future.