Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match boycott next home match v Sheff Wed

Comments

• Options
    I think the Ipswich match would have the most impact with the media. If everyone who has a ticket actually attends and gets to their seat 15-30 minutes before kick off and sings/protests it will show how many fans we have. If we then all leave at kick off it will make an obvious statement in front of the cameras.
  • Options
    Has anyone got the technical skills to hack into the big screen with a video of yesteryear's great achievements. Nostalgic images of the club greats etc. I was reading that hackers are able to get into airplane's flight control systems and divert/control their course from the ground. Cyber terrorism related. If they can do that then can we not get into the big screen with that image of RD as Gipetti and KM as Pinocchio
  • Options
    If everyone who says they will not go anymore means it, we won't have numbers.
  • Options
    I do hope so!
  • Options
    Would definitely support it if done properly. But I don't want to be the only one to miss us going 1-0 down if we do the Bayern thing.
  • Options
    Maybe KM admires Wednesday so much that she has sold all our seats to their fans.
  • Options

Would definitely support it if done properly. But I don't want to be the only one to miss us going 1-0 down if we do the Bayern thing.

I don't think I've ever seen us & Bayern mentioned in the same breath as often !
  • Options
    Fraeye is the new Guardiola don't cha know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    drewman said:

CAFCsayer said:

A 200ft "Fuck off Roland" banner should do the trick

On a separaet note, is the Ipswich game on the box then?
    Yes 12.30pm kick off. I can not find any EPL games being televised by BT at lunch time so this match could have more viewers than normal.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Won't happen. Charlton's core fanbase will always go. I might not want to go but still will - why, I can't really explain.

and that unfortunately, no disrespect to you, is the problem!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

JiMMy 85 said:

My question about all this stuff is, how much will Charlton Life be able to instigate this? I mean, the proportion of visitors to this site compared to the crowd at the game... will enough of us do this, and spread the word, to actually have an effect? Doesn't it need to spread further than this site?

The only sure fire way to reach enough Charlton fans is to get out there and talk to them at the game. That means raising volunteers for the Sheffield Weds game, printing several thousand copies of literature explaining the goals of whatever it is your planning and the method your going to use to achieve them (boycott etc.

Charlton Life is a good starting point and for batting ideas around, but you won't achieve anything sat behind your keyboard.
    I did suggest leaflets outside the ground with contributions from Lifers etc to fund the publicity.

• Options

Doesn't this idea from RalphMilnesgut bridge both viewpoints @Fanny Fanackapan , @sillav nitram , @cafctom ??:

I think the Ipswich match would have the most impact with the media. If everyone who has a ticket actually attends and gets to their seat 15-30 minutes before kick off and sings/protests it will show how many fans we have. If we then all leave at kick off it will make an obvious statement in front of the cameras.

• Options
    I go to Charlton to support the team and win lose or draw I am there at the end and the word 'Love' is not an appropriate word to describe my tribal sense of belonging to the club/team; but I do have a deep commitment to following them no matter what. I have very little control over who owns the club and who picks the team and who buys the players etc. and I will always go and support and not boycott the game regardless. I do think banners and gestures are however a good thing and the last few days have seen an absence of common sense both by Luzon on the pitch (hence his departure) and by Duchatelet in his choice of caretaker manager. I dread to think what will happen to performances (and I really do hope for the best) but like a lot of things in life a good outcome to all of this will be in spite of the decision made in this choice of the caretaker.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Won't happen. Charlton's core fanbase will always go. I might not want to go but still will - why, I can't really explain.

and that unfortunately, no disrespect to you, is the problem!
    If it's a problem for you, I'm sorry. But you'll have to accept that some supporters will find this unacceptable.

But I will never boycott a game and am prepared to do what I can inside The Valley to join with like minded fans in making my feelings known to "the regime".

it's not a problem for me but I do think people's continued attendance doesn't help.

as the owner never appears to be at games, then how are you going to protest to him? each time you go through the turnstile you put money in his pocket and that's something I'm sure he enjoys. empty pockets hurt.
  • Options
    Don't really fancy using the Belgian flag tbh.. From a distance it looks supportive.
  • Options

Don't really fancy using the Belgian flag tbh.. From a distance it looks supportive.
    Plus they'd just confiscate that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've got a wedding that day, but would be up getting to my seat 5 mins late if people are doing stuff for the Wednesday game. However I understand the appeal is greater in front of the cameras
  • Options
    Drone disruption is out of the question I assume.
  • Options
    Just putting this idea out there

Now that it will be getting dark towards the end of the matches, at a certain minute everyone gets the phones out and turns there torch on as a way of making ourselves seen and noticed. It won't seem much on its own but if a message can be put across on social media so everyone knows what its about it could be effective.
  • Options
    RD and KM have no idea. Manager/Head Coach call them what you like, need respect. What are the likes of senior pros eg Jackson , Solly going to do when told what to do by a no hoper. How are they going to respond. Professional sportsman are not going to deliver to a bloke dragged off the street.
    RD is not capable of running a club. We are a laughing stock, we are spoken about along with Leeds, Blackburn, Blackpool.
    How do we let RD know this, if he does not already.
  • Options
    So many ideas coming in from all angles. Are the Trust going to focus on one idea and lead it through to completion?
  • Options

Now that it will be getting dark towards the end of the matches, at a certain minute everyone gets the phones out and turns there torch on as a way of making ourselves seen and noticed. It won't seem much on its own but if a message can be put across on social media so everyone knows what its about it could be effective.

Sounds like a led Zeppelin concert?
  • Options
    Loads of ideas, everyone in separate little groups, nothing will happen, the chanting on the terraces will be the most united action of the day imo.
  • Options

and how is that going to be effective?
  • Options
    edited October 2015

I wouldn't feel comfortable invoking a whole nation and their national flag as though they were to blame for the actions of one individual; although maybe that wasn't the intention.
    That's true that's what I thought when I first saw the flag and perhaps that's how others would see it as well if they were fans of other clubs and didn't know the meaning behind it.