Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match boycott next home match v Sheff Wed

Comments

• Options

Davo55 said:

I won't be there. But, to be honest, I'm taking the Mrs to Bruges that weekend as a birthday treat so I was always going to be missing.

Well done, that's what need @Davo55. Take the fight to foreign land. Your missus will be so proud in Bruges when you ruin a romantic river cruise by standing up in the gondola and singing "we want Roland out"
    I'll take the bastards on single handed. And if really gets nasty I'll unleash the Mrs on them. White flags will be raised in RolandVille pretty damn quick I tell you. :smiley:
  • Options
    How do we realistically delay a kick off though? Barring getting onto the pitch.
  • Options
    moleo88 said:

How do we realistically delay a kick off though? Barring getting onto the pitch.

Roland is a fkng psychopath. On the pitch. Or don't buy tickets and storm the gates. RD / KM OUT.

• Options
    Tennis ball protest like Blackpool did last season.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Idea for you guys,

-Get a banner done, big enough for people to notice and place it in the north upper-

Collection for this could be done in Charlton life, if everybody chips in a little, this can work

-Spend the first 10 mins of the game down in the hallway (Where the bar's and TV's are) you can still see the game on TV, maybe will shake the players up to run over when the teams have come out, to see a big messege and no fans...-

-After 10 min's everyone returns to north upper, and %100 for the team, Nothing negitive, support the boys, out the owners-

THIS WILL GET NOTICED.... one way or another

#Togetherwearestronger
  • Options
    If not enough want to boycott then target Ipswich game. Pack out west lower by home dug out and directors. Loads of banners so tv can see. Maximum disruption pushing law to limit. I am boycotting so happy to take a ground ban if it comes. Give their fans banners too. Watch the video of the Stoke last match for ideas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is all well and good but Wednesday get right up my hooter and the thought of 2000 of them taking the piss..well.*

*I'll be climbing a mountain in Scotland so bollocks to them.
  • Options
    We need to do something that grabs media attention to make things uncomfortable fro KM and Rat
  • Options
    If not enough want to boycott then target Ipswich game. Pack out west lower by home dug out and directors. Loads of banners so tv can see. Maximum disruption pushing law to limit. Give their fans banners too. Watch the video of the Stoke last match for ideas.
  • Options
    WSS said:

moleo88 said:

Over the past 24 hours I've killed 63 robins.

Very catty
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Agree with most of the above.

Could do a selection of ideas all at the Ipswich game.
    - all get tickets for west lower. Be it purchase or transfer season ticket.
    - miss first 5-10 mins like Bayern fans did.
    - plenty of A3 posters with a simple 'Roland Out'
    - try and get banners and flags in
    - somepoint in first half mass tennis ball, oranges thorwing onto the pitch to disrupt the live game.

I dont think a full boycot is required just yet. This is the time to build publicity and educate other fans
  • Options
    Delaying the match on live TV would definitely get noticed, did Blackpool use tennis balls for a specific reason maybe we could find something more appropriate. Ipswich fans could take part as well.
  • Options
    Pictures of that pissing Belgian boy on the cafc badge?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

Belgian buns?

Don't you mean bums?
  • Options
    Empty ground for first 10 minutes of Ipswich TV game would be great. Then a banner with the right message. Done.

Would obviously be hard persuading/co-ordinating right around the ground so maybe we could concentrate on just the North Upper. Yes it's less visible on TV, but as it's the noisiest area, the impact of no-one being there then fans arriving on 10 mins with a good burst of songs would probably have the greatest impact.

More importantly, there are just 4-5 entrances to block. So if fans could congregate around them 60 mins before kick off and try and prevent others entering in a non-confrontational manner, it could work effectively. I would happily help occupy the blocks if other were keen to try.
  • Options
    I imagine tennis balls were used because they might not be considered offensive weapons when someone launches them at the pitch.

Hot Dogs are out of the question so how about VOTV does a cheap, lightweight, black and white edition and they get slung pitchward at an appropriate moment - 3rd minute perhaps.
  • Options
    A huge 'Love Charlton Hate Roland' banner in the correct place (for most coverage) during the Ipswich TV game, constant singing of 'We want Roland out'
  • Options

Empty ground for first 10 minutes of Ipswich TV game would be great. Then a banner with the right message. Done.

Would obviously be hard persuading/co-ordinating right around the ground so maybe we could concentrate on just the North Upper. Yes it's less visible on TV, but as it's the noisiest area, the impact of no-one being there then fans arriving on 10 mins with a good burst of songs would probably have the greatest impact.

More importantly, there are just 4-5 entrances to block. So if fans could congregate around them 60 mins before kick off and try and prevent others entering in a non-confrontational manner, it could work effectively. I would happily help occupy the blocks if other were keen to try.

This. Need a leaflet produced to be handed out against Chef Wendy and handed to all supporters. Then, same again against Ipswich, so as to try peacefully to dissuade those going in. An empty stadium on TV would get attention and then thousands entering after ten minutes would have a great visual impact. Once in a few rounds of 'We want our Charlton Back' and 'We want Roland Out' would also be appropriate. Let's not forget the Police might decide to employ extra manpower to ensure no crowd problems during the ten minutes thousands are outside and that will impact on RD financially. Ultimately I doubt any of this will affect him one iota but we can't sit and do nothing.

Yes, I've finally had enough. I still think RD has done lot of good things, Academy, pitch, new ticketing system etc and if he had appointed Mackay I'd have probably still been onside because although I wouldn't have been particularly enamoured with Malky it would have been a significant step in the right direction of realising we need an experienced Championship manager. The appointment of Fraeye, and no disrespect to him, is not what is needed or wanted and is the straw that has broken this camels back.

• Options
    What I would love to see happen for the protest is the following:-

No boycott but 10 minutes into the game everyone gets up and goes onto the concourses for 10 minutes.

Black and White campaign goes ahead

Apart from ticket money no further funds are given to the club. No buying of programmes, refreshments, jackpot tickets, Valley Gold, club shop, kit sponsorship, lounge hire, the whole lot has to be stopped

Fans currently working for the club on a match day withdraw their services and join the rest of us in the stands, let's cause the club further disruption.
  • Options

I wonder if the press will pick up on the boycott at Middlesbrough?

73 Charlton

No wonder nobody replies to my request for any spare train tickets.