Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match boycott next home match v Sheff Wed

Comments

• Options

Empty ground for first 10 minutes of Ipswich TV game would be great. Then a banner with the right message. Done.

Would obviously be hard persuading/co-ordinating right around the ground so maybe we could concentrate on just the North Upper. Yes it's less visible on TV, but as it's the noisiest area, the impact of no-one being there then fans arriving on 10 mins with a good burst of songs would probably have the greatest impact.

More importantly, there are just 4-5 entrances to block. So if fans could congregate around them 60 mins before kick off and try and prevent others entering in a non-confrontational manner, it could work effectively. I would happily help occupy the blocks if other were keen to try.

I payed for my season ticket which was not cheap for me, if I turn up for my seat to see my team and you try to block me from going to my seat.. I will more than happily put you on your arse.
    Of course I respect people wanting to see what they pay for with their season ticket, but to not even consider sacrificing 10 minutes of your own viewing for something that could help the wider cause of the club is extremely short-sighted. Think of the Bayern fans who paid £65 or whatever for their tickets and traveled all the way from Germany and still made the sacrifice for a cause that was much bigger than the individual and their own entitlement.

Symptomatic of our fanbase which looks completely incapable of replicating the efforts of the Back to the Valley lot in the 80s and 90s.
    I was saying more tongue in cheek to be fair
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Fans currently working for the club on a match day withdraw their services and join the rest of us in the stands, let's cause the club further disruption.

Bit much that. Asking people with season tickets to boycott was met with hostility because they'd payed for them.

Asking people to effectively resign can not be expected.

• Options

JohnnyH2 said:

Fans currently working for the club on a match day withdraw their services and join the rest of us in the stands, let's cause the club further disruption.

Bit much that. Asking people with season tickets to boycott was met with hostility because they'd payed for them.

I'm not asking anyone to quit a full time job, but any match day job where they do it more for the love rather than they wages (which I would thought are minimal and not why the individuals do the job in the first place).

The club is in crisis

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

I'm not asking anyone to quit a full time job, but any match day job where they do it more for the love rather than they wages (which I would thought are minimal and not why the individuals do the job in the first place).

The club is in crisis

Which jobs do people do on match days "for the love" ?
  • Options
    Saying you'll boycott is one thing, having the bollocks to do it is another.
  • Options
    I'm not up for boycotting whole matches for reasons others have stated - I'm happy to support a walkout to the concourse or turn around or something visible that the Sky cameras will pick up but this needs publicising beyond this forum. The amount of times I've had to explain minutes applause at points in games to those sitting near me who do not follow any forums / Facebook etc and have not heard what was planned. If a couple of hundred do it, it won't be noticed. But overall, with the Fryup appointment, it's clear the time is now to protest.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Get a load of Roland out posters made up, literally thousands, give it two minutes into the game and we all throw them onto the pitch paper aeroplane style . The game would have to be stopped at that point if there was enough on the pitch. At that point we sing fuck off Roland etc . Would get noticed on TV for sure
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Something like this for the Sky game would be more effective;

Got a new screensaver - thanks!
  • Options
    We should be singing 'we all dream of a team of kermorgants' and 'johnnie runs down the wing for me' and 'Chrissy powells red army' and 'Michael Morrison' songs to show when we were proud of our club and the good times.
  • Options

Saying you'll boycott is one thing, having the bollocks to do it is another.

How hard can it be?

• Options
    I never bothered with the Brentford game after the Preston nonsense. It's actually not that bad. The mrs appreciated it. So a boycott of the Wednesday game is fine with me but if there is a protest on the cards I'm up for that also. We somehow have to show that we can not stand the current regime and their dismantling of our once great club.
  • Options
    BOYCOTT BOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTT
    BOYCOBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTTBOYCOTT
  • Options
    3PM outside the West Stand on 7th November... This seems to be doing the rounds on Social Media... see you there guys.
  • Options
    Time for talking on social media is over. Anyone can be reading. Groups and individuals do what you have to do to quote an Ipswich fan but stay safe.
  • Options
    We have a televised game with effect mic's coming up.
    The gantry is not enclosed and it has the East Stand underneath, that space underneath can be filled quite easily with folk with very loud voices.
    The event is live.
    We managed quite a lot of musical profanity towards Pardew at Crystal Palace.
    Don't make it a 'boycott' game, make it an East Stand game and we can broadcast our message for free if we're willing, advertisers pay fortunes for that kind of opportunity.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Ipswich are also a proper football club, and I am touched that an Ipswich fan, and a Brighton fan have even taken a moment to think of us.
    To any Ipswich fan reading this, if we have to use the televised game for our purposes it's not personal, we love our club as you do yours, but this is our time of crisis and we may have to act.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Time for talking on social media is over. Anyone can be reading. Groups and individuals do what you have to do to quote an Ipswich fan but stay safe.

Calm down, it's not the French Resistance mate !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On Twitter and FB
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

Something like this for the Sky game would be more effective;

Got a new screensaver - thanks!
    I've had to nick that that's brilliant :smiley:
  • Options
    Towards the end of the premier days I used to stay later and later in the pub before the games. It got to he point where I was hammered each game. There's a very good chance of this returning with only difference being I won't be wasting £25 on a ticket. I'll be spending the money in the pub watching Sky sports news.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

We have a televised game with effect mic's coming up.
    The gantry is not enclosed and it has the East Stand underneath, that space underneath can be filled quite easily with folk with very loud voices.
    The event is live.
    We managed quite a lot of musical profanity towards Pardew at Crystal Palace.
    Don't make it a 'boycott' game, make it an East Stand game and we can broadcast our message for free if we're willing, advertisers pay fortunes for that kind of opportunity.

Good thinking. Surprised if you didn't already know this, based on your paranoia around all things Sky, but they have a sound mixer that plays fake crowd noises. Too much profanity and the producer will just change the sound. Keep it clean!
  • Options
    no boycott but continue to make very clear to the regime - manager, CEO - what we think of them at every turn
  • Options
    What do fans expect to happen from a boycott? We're all pissed off, but let's think about what we want to achieve? Roland out, but who in?
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

Delaying the match on live TV would definitely get noticed, did Blackpool use tennis balls for a specific reason maybe we could find something more appropriate. Ipswich fans could take part as well.

Could Always throw a smurf on the pitch,or get help from Hartlepool
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Anti-Duchatelet ole ole ole

First sang by Liege fans Anti-Duchatelet ole ole ole
  • Options
    Something definitely needs to be done. The more organised it is, the more effective it will be. I think we should put our faith in a core of supporters (the trust) who can decide the course of action.