Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Middlesborough v Charlton (Fraeye's First in Charge, officially) post-match views 2015/16

Comments

• Options

Interim coach's post interview on OS pretty depressing by any standards.

"After the first goal we had some difficulties"

No shit Sherlock.

also Fraeye reckons we competed with Boro until the 60th min. Joke
    And he wants the job full time
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    From what I saw reported on here, I don't think we were any tougher or happier than last week.
    This worries me.
    Maybe the Interim Head Coach has not explained this interesting new strategy properly to the players.

Actually had to edit this - what a load of old bollocks our Interim Head Coach is coming out with FFS.
    I don't think any of us really expected much up there today but his post match comments are just awful.
    Well done the travelling support that's all I can say.
    What an effing mess.
  • Options

"If the players say the squad is good enough, who am I to judge?" This from your "Head Coach". - Jesus!

The players are not going to say, "the trouble is boss, we are not good enough and you want to get better players in"
  • Options
    ross1 said:

"If the players say the squad is good enough, who am I to judge?" This from your "Head Coach". - Jesus!

The players are not going to say, "the trouble is boss, we are not good enough and you want to get better players in"
    Precisely
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015

Once anger turns to apathy there is a problem.
    Anger can be a power for change regardless of how it is managed. Anger can motivate and challenge people to be better. Anger can unite and be the basis for passionate debate and discussion.

This board is apathetic as it has been in living memory. As are the people around me at the Valley. Laughing at something we were once so proud to belong to, be a part of, is testament to the destabilising impact RD's stewardship has had on the club.

Despite being against his regime and approach on the first place I retained a semblance of faith that it might all come right somehow. Patience is a virtue and mine has all gone.

It seems we have little or no way out of this. It is a case of the absent leading the blind and in KM who I had a grudging respect for following some of the issues she dealt with last season. Alongside my patience my respect is all gone and her comments re our history etc will ensure her ride here will be only a bumpy one.

Where do we go? League one possibly. I think I'd take that if it meant we were free of the current board.

What a sad thing to hope for.

An extremely valid point, it feels like the life is being sucked out of our club, the lifeblood draining away. Sorry if thats a little melodramatic
  • Options
    ross1 said:

"If the players Roland says the squad is good enough, who am i to judge"?
  • Options

Once anger turns to apathy there is a problem.
    Anger can be a power for change regardless of how it is managed. Anger can motivate and challenge people to be better. Anger can unite and be the basis for passionate debate and discussion.

This board is apathetic as it has been in living memory. As are the people around me at the Valley. Laughing at something we were once so proud to belong to, be a part of, is testament to the destabilising impact RD's stewardship has had on the club.

Despite being against his regime and approach on the first place I retained a semblance of faith that it might all come right somehow. Patience is a virtue and mine has all gone.

It seems we have little or no way out of this. It is a case of the absent leading the blind and in KM who I had a grudging respect for following some of the issues she dealt with last season. Alongside my patience my respect is all gone and her comments re our history etc will ensure her ride here will be only a bumpy one.

Where do we go? League one possibly. I think I'd take that if it meant we were free of the current board.

What a sad thing to hope for.

Anger is an energy
  • Options

Maybe this is Roly's plan - create a crisis and then - hurrah! - Roly and KM save the day when we don't go down. Probably less expensive than building a squad to get up into the Premier League.

Very optimistic post.
  • Options

For the first time lost it completely doing the match thread, for which I apologise profusely, however it felt again as though we gave up after the first goal went in, but we were never really in the game from the off. We were holding off the inevitable and now it shows we are clueless as to what to do. RD needs to understand we do not have a big enough or good enough squad to arrest this alarming slide towards League One. We need a bigger squad and an experienced British manager and backroom team. This HAS to be Curbs/Euell/JJ as the set up, we will have ideas, pride and passion put back into the club at least.

Curbs/Euell/JJ! Are you really serious? Personally I would hope Curbs has more sense than to take on this job and apart from him what do you think Euell and JJ can 'bring to the table'?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Expected nothing less. No goals in 4 games. Only scored 1 goal in the first half all season.

Still ruined my Saturday though.

In.the league we haven't scored any first half goals this season
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Expected nothing less. No goals in 4 games. Only scored 1 goal in the first half all season.

Huddersfield
  • Options

uie2 said:

Huddersfield
    Oh yes your right whoops
  • Options
    Well you can't blame Pope for this one .
  • Options
    Belgians out !
  • Options

Well you can't blame Pope for this one .

I think he is partly to blame. His mistakes I feel have had an effect on the confidence of the team. He is not alone though, I would say fox, ba and solly too.
  • Options
    If Carol said we competed for 60 minutes then I must have been at a different game. Boro by far the better side but were nothing special. They just couldn't get through ten defenders.
    No shape, no energy or movement when trying to get out from defence. Posession may have been greater if we could string passes together, but passes were easily cut out.
    Henderson by far our best player, even if he was time wasting after just 5 minutes. Bizarrely we were wasting time at 2-0 and 3-0. Presumably trying to keep the score down.
    Preston was a low for the season. But in many ways this was worse.