Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Middlesborough v Charlton (Fraeye's First in Charge, officially) post-match views 2015/16

Comments

• Options

clive said:

Total shambles.'Boro' supporter said to me we were one of the worst sides his ever seen & i agreed with him,we don't look like scoring another goal this season.
    This is by far the worse team i've seen wearing a Charlton Shirt.
    Thanks Roland.

Firstly I wasn't there but my only observation from this is to ask why.

This is not the worst group of players we have had is it.

Henderson, Solly, Bauer, Diarra, Cousins, Jackson, JBG, Watt all I suspect are rated quite well by most of us ?

The core of actually something quite good. I know there's not much to add to that but why are we now just so desperately awful.

Not saying the squad should be challanging but I don't understand why this group above are now worse than useless.

There are other forces at play.

Agreed. Just watched the brief highlights on Sky. Looks to me like our players are on strike. No urgency, no trying to get the ball off the opponents, pitiful.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

We're probably going to have to go 4-4-2 with Cousins tucked in on the left.

Which is a system that hasn't come close to working for the last 2 years - how does that begin to make sense?

• Options
    Just seen the highlights and we have yet again been undone by allowing the opposition time around the edge of our box to cross and shoot. It happens so often you'd think they tell the likes of Solly and Fox to stand off their man. When I was a kid all you'd ever here your manager shout is stop the cross whenever the ball was in wide areas.

• Options
    HandG said:

Wasn't there yesterday but, in recent games, each player looks nowhere near fit enough to compete. Not just injury wise, core fitness is a big problem IMO.

Our new coach insinuated that in his post match interview didn't he? I agree to an extent but we are often just as poor in the first half as we are in the second.....

It may or may not be the case, but for a new manager coming in, it seems an easy get out to criticise the previous regime and claim the players aren't fit enough. We've scored 1 first half goal all season, so clearly fitness isn't the issue. We're just not good enough.

Tim Sherwood said the same about the Villa players, yet 6 months later they were in a worse position than when he took over!
  • Options
    I used to have real pride in my club; form the mid-sixties up until now I have always defended them even while they were going through the toughest of times (relegation, ground sharing et al). But now? I see not a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel (at least not while the mad Belgian is running things). Many Lifers have posted that they have found alternative things to do on Saturday afternoons. A short while ago I would have found that unthinkable.... but I just don't know how much more of this dross I can take, players who have ability consistently underperforming and who seem to care little (just turn up and take the money). We all know where the blame lies but I hold no hope of ANYTHING that CAFC fans do - boycotts, demonstrations etc. The man is NOT for turning - he's 68 now and I would suggest to old to change his ways and he certainly won't be influenced by shouting and screaming from fans throwing their toys out of the pram. I hate to admit it, but unless some rich billionaire makes him a serious offer, we are FUCKED!
  • Options
    Charlton parked their open topped Belgian bus
  • Options
    cabbles said:

colin1961 said:

Boro fan's view from the FB page -

"I have honestly never seen a team aimlessly boot the ball up field to nobody from the very first minute . Your game plan was clearly to go for a draw from the off , your big tall lanky albino up front was probably the worst player I've seen in the championship . I understood why you were time wastng because why wouldn't you at 0.0 but even at 1 then 2 then 3.0 your goalkeeper was still time wasting ? Completely baffling ! If I was a charlton fan who drove all the way up north for that I would demand my money back. I fear for you guys , I actually like you but I'm sorry you have been the worst team we have played by a country mile this season"

Have a chat with QPR and Hull fans see if they agree ....situation dictates how we approached the game for 60 mins we defended magnificently as a team ........
    We could be playing the pissing Gummy Bears on Tuesday and we'll still get turned over.
    :smile: that made me laugh
  • Options

clive said:

Total shambles.'Boro' supporter said to me we were one of the worst sides his ever seen & i agreed with him,we don't look like scoring another goal this season.
    Thanks Roland.

Henderson, Solly, Bauer, Diarra, Cousins, Jackson, JBG, Watt all I suspect are rated quite well by most of us ?

The core of actually something quite good. I know there's not much to add to that but why are we now just so desperately awful.

Not saying the squad should be challanging but I don't understand why this group above are now worse than useless.

Maybe not technically the worst, but certainly the most heartless, gutless collection of individuals since the arse end of the Pardew era.
    Does that fit with the early season promise ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Neil Redfearn: Rotherham United players must 'take responsibility'

Rotherham's 3-0 Championship defeat by Derby is unacceptable, according to Millers manager Neil Redfearn.

This is the kind of thing a manager of a team at the bottom who have just lost 0-3 should be saying.

If KF blamed the players then this place would explode
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Rotherham's 3-0 Championship defeat by Derby is unacceptable, according to Millers manager Neil Redfearn.

This is the kind of thing a manager of a team at the bottom who have just lost 0-3 should be saying.

But it's true though isn't it? Responsibility and accountability is down to the players and the manager.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

PL54 said:

But it's true though isn't it? Responsibility and accountability is down to the players and the manager.
    Responsibility which both Hendo and JBG took on Thursday night.
  • Options
    Being blamed and taking responsibility are different things. In this particular desperately dramatic instance if KF had gone to his first post match press conference and said the players showed no balls and were not good enough then I imagine a few people here would have literally cried.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Being blamed and taking responsibility are different things. In this particular desperately dramatic instance if KF had gone to his first post match press conference and said the players showed no balls and were not good enough then I imagine a few people here would have literally cried.

Some probably would but doesn't change the facts.
  • Options
    The first couple of games we played at a high tempo and now we are not getting too much above walking pace. The players seem to have lost fitness rather than gain it with matches. I wonder what they actually do in training as we seem to have lost pace and tempo to our play, we can't score from corners, shoot or defend properly.
  • Options
    Action needs to be taken now before it's too late otherwise our club will disappear.
  • Options

clive said:

Thanks Roland.

Maybe they just need some strong leadership by someone who can inspire them. How are players meant to be inspired by a guy who wasn't much of a player and who's CV suggests he isn't much of a manager either?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Woke up this morning still feeling sick to the pit of my stomach and wishing I had £60 million.
    Charlton Athletic is the plaything of Mr Duchatelet and he hasn't got a clue how to run us, even to the point of cost cutting because our relegation will wipe out any current savings made.
    I can see with Euell involved that Lookman travelled with the team. I would like to think there were footballing reasons for that, but I fear it is the nurturing of a potential big money sale for Roland somewhere down the line.

If you had £60m, how much of it would you blow on Charlton? All of it or just some of it?

If I had £60m, I probably wouldn't do much more than buy a season ticket for me and a few good people. Why? Because I've seen the geezers at Fulham/QPR/Blackburn spend £100s of millions and get vey little for their investment. I wouldn't run the risk of doing the lot in two seasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:

seth plum said:

Woke up this morning still feeling sick to the pit of my stomach and wishing I had £60 million.
    Charlton Athletic is the plaything of Mr Duchatelet and he hasn't got a clue how to run us, even to the point of cost cutting because our relegation will wipe out any current savings made.
    I can see with Euell involved that Lookman travelled with the team. I would like to think there were footballing reasons for that, but I fear it is the nurturing of a potential big money sale for Roland somewhere down the line.

If you had £60m, how much of it would you blow on Charlton? All of it or just some of it?

If I had £60m, I probably wouldn't do much more than buy a season ticket for me and a few good people. Why? Because I've seen the geezers at Fulham/QPR/Blackburn spend £100s of millions and get vey little for their investment. I wouldn't run the risk of doing the lot in two seasons.
    Agree, and nor would anyone with half a brain. But many of these types - enourmous egos, large bank balances, and fawning yes-men surrounding them - think they are so much smarter than all who have gone before that they can buck the trend and be the ones to bask in glory and success without it costing them much (or anything). RD believes his network will work. And who knows, it might, except he is trying to do it on a shoestring
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

seth plum said:

All of it because you can't take it with you and I want some enjoyment whilst alive.

• Options
    The players are stealing another weeks wages, the time the Boro player had on the edge of our penalty box for the second goal was a disgrace. KF should forget his own self interest, name and shame the players that are not putting the effort in.

• Options

The players are stealing another weeks wages, the time the Boro player had on the edge of our penalty box for the second goal was a disgrace. KF should forget his own self interest, name and shame the players that are not putting the effort in.

And then you would be slating KF for slating the players publically.
  • Options
    I think there is an issue with fitness. I seem to remember pre season a number of people commenting on the fact a number of players did not seem to get a full 90 minutes more than once or so.

I wonder if Guy had not worked on this not thinking it was to important or if again he was trying to protect a squad to small.
  • Options

The first couple of games we played at a high tempo and now we are not getting too much above walking pace. The players seem to have lost fitness rather than gain it with matches. I wonder what they actually do in training as we seem to have lost pace and tempo to our play, we can't score from corners, shoot or defend properly.

Yes we need a manager that's gonna work the squad in training to get the match fitness up again! Plus passing drills and shooting drills well everything actually.