Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Middlesborough v Charlton (Fraeye's First in Charge, officially) post-match views 2015/16

Comments

• Pathetic all round, owner, CEO, Head Coach and players.

At least Luzon could go to RD and say the squad is weak and I need more. If KF really is responsible for bringing these players in he can hardly go to RD saying they are rubbish.
  • Bolton have just drawn at Preston, so we drop another place to second from bottom.
  • Listening to Fraeye on the Louis Mendez interview sounds like he thinks the squad is big enough, “We can only play 11 players. Whether we have a squad of just 11 or 30, we can only put 11 on the pitch at any one time." https://audioboom.com/boos/3759606-listen-cafcofficial-new-interim-head-coach-karel-fraeye-looks-back-on-the-positives-from-3-0-defeat-at-middlesbrough-cafc
    Guess any old 11 will do.
    Hard to respect people who either lie about what they really think (in case the boss doesn't like it) or who aren't good enough professionally to make a sound judgement.

What a chancer. Can we have a real manager instead of a hack? What have we become??
  • Sponsored links:

• Can anyone confirm whether this is a fair comment? Plenty of Boro fans on Twitter suggesting Big Mak was poor to say the least.
  • Isn't Duchatelet supposed to be some statistic freak ? Perhaps we should send him the match statistics v Boro. Oh and the statistics from the record breakers thread.
  • I don't know why ur all getting so upset by now you must realise Rd isn't interested in results on the pitch or he would not have brought in another Belgium gonk
    In his eyes he's turned the club around better facilities and nice pitch so a more marketable asset
    We are all banging our heads against a brick wall

This.

RD isn't clueless - he knows exactly what he is doing....
  • Hardly a suprrise this result. we're so bad i am surprised we arnt bottom already.! Last night a boro fan on talk sport said 2-0 to them and he was being kind. He said shit owners leads to shit players and i totally agree. Before the die hards respond to this.... Ask yourself this.... Who are we bertter than in the championship.
  • Were gone.. Startpreparing for league 1. I am already
  • http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/we-were-irritating-score-0-10365822

'We were irritating them when the score was 0-0 but Middlesbrough are a good team, full of confidence', says Charlton's boss

New Charlton boss Karel Fraeye admitted Charlton set out to frustrate Boro at the Riverside and believes his side were “irritating” the hosts while the game was goalless.

The Addicks are languishing in the relegation zone on the back of a shocking run of results and never looked capable of getting on the scoresheet at the Riverside.

They did, though, frustrate Boro for the first hour of the game until David Nugent bundled home the opener.

Charlton aren’t the first team to ‘park the bus’ on Teesside this season and Fraeye said he realised the importance of not conceding early.

“We know Middlesbrough, if they don’t get on top in the first 15 minutes it’s more difficult for them,” he said.

“I think we managed well for one hour but then it was an easy goal for them.

“That’s football. If that goal isn’t here and it takes 10 more minutes, I think they’ll be very annoyed,” added Fraeye, referring to Boro’s frustrations as they looked to break Charlton’s resistance.

When David Nugent’s goal did arrive, it was a case of how many for Boro as they launched wave after wave of attack. They added two more thanks to Albert Adomah and Daniel Ayala.

“I think they deserved to win,” said the Belgian boss.

“We were ready to compete for one hour, after the goal we had difficulties.

“Let’s be honest, Middlesbrough played very confident. They’re a good team, quick passing, lots of movement. We were irritating them as long as the score was 0-0.

“The first goal was the most difficult, when they managed to score the difference was big.”

Fraeye added: “If I say that even in the last 10 minutes we were still looking for a goal, that’s a positive in the situation we are in now.

“Let’s not forget Middlesbrough were playing at home and they’re a good side full of confidence. We are a team struggling. The difference was there.”
  • Were gone.. Startpreparing for league 1. I am already

Great to hear Chippy - you're in the team!
  • Sponsored links:

• If our midfield are incapable of retaining possession, does that not rather back up my recent criticisms of Cousins? Or is it all Ba's fault again?

Jackson, obviously, without fault
  • edited October 2015
    We are in a terrible state , don't know wether to laugh or cry , we are becoming embarrassing and it hurts .
    We used to be a role model to most clubs now we are having people take the piss out of us , how can the board expect the crowds to come and watch us when we are shit week in week out .
  • Big Mak needs to be more aggressive in his play , needs to bully the CB more. Also needs a striking partner to play closer to him unlike Watt who is way to distant, Reza or Igor would be better suited to pick up on the flicks etc needs a run of games with either of the two to form a partnership. Solly needs to be dropped and Cousins needs to be moved to right back. Berg in for Fox and a creative Midfielder in on loan, maybe then we might rinish fourth from bottom.
  • edited October 2015
    Blucher said:

The Boro fans' derision of Simon M is complete nonsense in my view (as I politely mentioned to the bloke in front of me).

Simon had to do his best with a succession of 'hoofs' forward with practically zero support. What are these people expecting ? Jairzinho circa 1970 - a great goal against the. Czechs, mind ...

It's easy to knock a big lad with a shock of blond hair - especially in the spirit of
    ugly triumphalism - but do have a look yourself before being influenced by twitter,

This guy is, and will remain, a very important player for us.

I'm in no way influenced by Twitter, but it is interesting to consider the views of people who have no discernible agenda in terms of overstating his ability. An extremely limited player.
  • If Fraeye actually believes that our squad is big enough in terms of quality then all is lost. It tells me he either doesn't have a fecking clue or he's just saying what Duchatelet wants to hear. Both as bad as each other.

Well, he has probably never seen a squad this big in the world of semi-pro Belgian football he is used. I bet he finished his post-match chat asking who as available for the next game.

• We secretly hoped for a new-manager bounce. We got a out-of-his-depth manager thud instead.
  • We're improving - Football League Thingy just showed one of our shots!
  • "Oh! Carol"

Oh! Carol
    I am but a fool
    Darling, I love you
    Though you treat me cruel
    You hurt me
    And you make me cry
    But if you leave me
    I will surely die

Darling, there will never be another
    Cause I love you so
    Don't ever leave me