Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Middlesborough v Charlton (Fraeye's First in Charge, officially) post-match views 2015/16

Comments

• Options
    Much of the criticism of Fraeye isn't levelled at him as a coach, he is who he is and is as good as he is.
    If a CEO and owner wanted to get their team further up the table surely they'd parachute in an interim coach who was better than the coach they just got rid of. If that weren't possible in the short term they would keep their current coach and silently to find a replacement.
    It will be interesting and telling to see their next move.
  • Options
    "and silently work to find a replacement"
  • Options

clive said:

Total shambles.'Boro' supporter said to me we were one of the worst sides his ever seen & i agreed with him,we don't look like scoring another goal this season.
    This is by far the worse team i've seen wearing a Charlton Shirt.
    Thanks Roland.

Firstly I wasn't there but my only observation from this is to ask why.

This is not the worst group of players we have had is it.

Henderson, Solly, Bauer, Diarra, Cousins, Jackson, JBG, Watt all I suspect are rated quite well by most of us ?

The core of actually something quite good. I know there's not much to add to that but why are we now just so desperately awful.

Not saying the squad should be challanging but I don't understand why this group above are now worse than useless.

There are other forces at play.

Maybe not technically the worst, but certainly the most heartless, gutless collection of individuals since the arse end of the Pardew era.
    Does that fit with the early season promise ?

Heart gets you through when the chips are down - our current run tells it's own story
  • Options

clive said:

Total shambles.'Boro' supporter said to me we were one of the worst sides his ever seen & i agreed with him,we don't look like scoring another goal this season.
    Thanks Roland.

Henderson, Solly, Bauer, Diarra, Cousins, Jackson, JBG, Watt all I suspect are rated quite well by most of us ?

The core of actually something quite good. I know there's not much to add to that but why are we now just so desperately awful.

Not saying the squad should be challanging but I don't understand why this group above are now worse than useless.

Exactly. This is what's bugging me. As for Fraeye - he sure does talk rubbish! Are we about to witness the career of the worst manager in the club's entire history?
  • Options
    Just watched the goals.... bloody hell, our lot looked like they had taken sleeping tablets, never even tried to put in a tackle. I fear we are gone.. doomed, just doomed!
  • Options

clive said:

Thanks Roland.

Exactly. This is what's bugging me. As for Fraeye - he sure does talk rubbish! Are we about to witness the career of the worst manager in the club's entire history?
    Looks like Uncle Les won't hold that dubious honour anymore then?
  • Options
    Was going to go to Mk but I refuse to pay out more to watch this pile of shit.

So that should guarantee a better performance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wish I could help more. Not easy from 6,000 miles away. We need a group of militants with the drive to pursue this to the end. It does need action now.
  • Options
    What's Rick Everitt up to these days??
  • Options

Simonsen said:

We're probably going to have to go 4-4-2 with Cousins tucked in on the left.

Which is a system that hasn't come close to working for the last 2 years - how does that begin to make sense?

Might be the best option out of a set of limited options. It's one way to get two strikers on the field without losing too much defensive cover.

What system would be better with the current players?

3-5-2 (with Solly lolloping along one side as wing-back and Fox the other?)

3-5-2 (with Cousins as RWB and Moussa playing behind two forwards and Bergdich as LWB?) Possibly.

4-3-3 with one (half-fit) centre-forward running around isolated?

• Options
    seth plum said:

Simonsen said:

seth plum said:

Woke up this morning still feeling sick to the pit of my stomach and wishing I had £60 million.
    Charlton Athletic is the plaything of Mr Duchatelet and he hasn't got a clue how to run us, even to the point of cost cutting because our relegation will wipe out any current savings made.
    I can see with Euell involved that Lookman travelled with the team. I would like to think there were footballing reasons for that, but I fear it is the nurturing of a potential big money sale for Roland somewhere down the line.

If you had £60m, how much of it would you blow on Charlton? All of it or just some of it?

If I had £60m, I probably wouldn't do much more than buy a season ticket for me and a few good people. Why? Because I've seen the geezers at Fulham/QPR/Blackburn spend £100s of millions and get vey little for their investment. I wouldn't run the risk of doing the lot in two seasons.
    All of it because you can't take it with you and I want some enjoyment whilst alive.

But would there actually be any enjoyment in probably watching your dosh go down the plug-hole?
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Simonsen said:

Which is a system that hasn't come close to working for the last 2 years - how does that begin to make sense?

Might be the best option out of a set of limited options. It's one way to get two strikers on the field without losing too much defensive cover.

3-5-2 (with Cousins as RWB and Moussa playing behind two forwards and Bergdich as LWB?) Possibly.

The possession stat of 26% or whatever it was says to me they're not going to play for Fraeye. It was a stronger team than the one against Preston and they're clearly capable of more than they're showing.

Need a manager in and a couple of loan signings as soon as possible. All with decent experience of this league.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Simonsen said:

Simonsen said:

The possession stat of 26% or whatever it was says to me they're not going to play for Fraeye. It was a stronger team than the one against Preston and they're clearly capable of more than they're showing.

Need a manager in and a couple of loan signings as soon as possible. All with decent experience of this league.
    Pigs and flying.
  • Options
    If I was in Fraeye position I would of set out the team pretty similar in formation and shape. Get men behind the ball keep things tight and be hard to breakdown. At the end of the day Boro are better then us and quality will always prevail.
    As a coach you can only work with the players you've got, set them up in the best way you can and give tactics that they may or may not keep to. Some people on here might say we should of gone for it we lost 3-0 anyway. It doesn't work like that, you have to have a game plan. We didn't loose yesterday because of Fraeye we lost because this team isn't good enough. Players in the past we've relied on can no longer cut it or just aren't performing.
    Boro away is a tough game no matter who's manager. MK Dons is another story. Managers do prioritise and out of the two Tuesday is winnable. It's now down to the gaffer to get the players organised, and up for it.

• Options
    Let's see how we all feel after Tuesday.
  • Options
    Shock horror: Teams sets up for a draw and looses.

Shock horror: Teams sets up not to loose in every match and have only scored one goal in the first half this season.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Simonsen said:

Simonsen said:

You can try all of them, but you will still have players in the line-up lacking the strength & ability to play at this level. Opponents will work out our weaknesses fairly quickly and take full advantage.

We need Championship standard loan signings through the spine of the team, to have a semblance of avoiding relegation. Then 2 or 3 proper signings in January. The problem is not the system, although playing one short in midfield as against Preston & Brentford doesn't help, it's the lack of quality & depth in the squad. Choose whatever system you like, but it's still the same players.
    That's the point i was making to you last week, if a team play rubbish,CAFC say,
    you can play any permutation of 11 players and if the other team even play average at the moment we are doomed. We looked like we were playing 4-5-1 and still get out passed. Any decent movement in the second half of a match by the opposition and we can't compete.

Sad times to be an addict.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    se9addick said:

MK is a huge, huge game on Tuesday

nichorob said:

MK is the real test, don't think anybody expected any points today.

Anything but a win against MK and the pitchforks will be out. Again.

we're like a broken record!

every week the next game is huge or the test. we said it for Preston and Brentford and lost them both! Our confidence is so poor, I can't see when we're gonna get our next point.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

What's Rick Everitt up to these days??

He's sitting in Logan Airport, Boston, USA, waiting for his flight home, which has been delayed inbound by the London fog!
  • Options
    So not so much Airman as Fogbound Brown :-)
  • Options
    Good points

- I won £100
    - Carol wont walk into the job and we may get a better manager (unlikely)

Bad points

- Everything else

Well at least the players are smiling. That's what clowns are good for.
  • Options

Arrived back home around 3.30pm after a looong journey down the A1 etc and have been trying to plough through this thread but sadly, gave up half way as I was in danger of slitting my wrists.

What a waste of a couple of days, circa £200( petrol/overnighter at Travelodge/ mucho wine to deaden the pain etc) Don't think I've EVER felt like this after an away day. No passion, no commitment, no finesse, no hope. For the very first time since this nightmare began, I'm seriously considering boycotting a home game in the near future. Never thought in a month of Sundays that I'd consider going that far.

I'm afraid that I have no confidence in the meeting scheduled for 10th November. Nothing will be achieved except to alienate us, the faithful from our owner & his CEO even further. It is 100% clear to me now that they will never change their "gameplan" and that nothing they do has ANY connection to the Beautiful Game. For the first time, I'm starting to believe that the petition to the FA isn't such a bad idea after all....Fit & proper ? You're having a laugh !

If we ever needed a Messiah, it's now.

A Rick Everitt, Mark 2.

A well thought out plan that "they" will NOT be able to ignore. And the Generals & foot soldiers to take it forward to the bitter end.

Something that will turn the tables on "them"......make them sit up & take notice and realise they do not have the upper hand after all.

Maybe something that will belittle "them" & reveal their complete disregard for a well loved football club and its fans.

There must be someone out there / a group of Addicks who can come up with a Valley Party type idea .....PLEASE .

We, the faithful , are ready, willing & able to take up the cudgels - just try to keep us back !

But we need a cunning plan and a Leader.

If we have to leave it to others to fight the good fight v the Olympic Stadium fiasco, so be it. All our energies have to be directed towards saving our Club before it's too late.

I know there are thousands of like minded fans who must be praying for someone to lead us out of this nightmarish wilderness and back into the light and who, like me will pledge their time & whatever it takes to rid us of this disease that's slowly engulfing our beloved Charlton.

Time is of the essence. We need to start taking action NOW.

So, once again but this time with urgency and more feeling than I ever knew I had.....

WHERE ARE YOU ?

LET'S BE 'AVIN YOU !

PLEASE !

(Broken hearted of Wadhurst.)

KM and RD should be reading this post!!!

It is time for action!!!!!!
  • Options
    Has he gone yet? We need a manager in by tomorrow. What is taking so long?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Has he gone yet? We need a manager in by tomorrow. What is taking so long?

The protest hasn't happened yet