Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Middlesborough v Charlton (Fraeye's First in Charge, officially) post-match views 2015/16

Comments

• Options
    Pretty sure something got lost in translation here..

Intern, not interim.

:)

Been saying for a while this guys is one of the Architects
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Despite that, I give him 5 games max if we keep losing
  • Options
    How many defeats under Les Reed? Because this is what this is starting to feel like. To get out of this, we need the best person for the job, not just someone who happens to be on the payroll...But from Roly's point of view, that's never going to happen, because if someone is employed from "outside", you would then have to pay them off to get rid of them. Dear oh dear.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

If our midfield are incapable of retaining possession, does that not rather back up my recent criticisms of Cousins? Or is it all Ba's fault again?

Jackson, obviously, without fault

Don't know if you are being sarcastic, but why is Jackson without fault? Against Brentford the whole midfield (including Jackson) were embarrassing.
  • Options
    Meh.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

SO 1 win in 7 for Karel Smiley - he's really knocking it out of the park at the moment

31.10.2015 ENG CH Middlesboro 3-0 Charlton
    25.10.2015 BEL D3A VW Hamme 0-0 Gullegem
    17.10.2015 BEL D3A KSV Temse 0-3 VW Hamme
    11.10.2015 BEL D3A VW Hamme 0-4 Eendracht Aalst
    04.10.2015 BEL D3A Sint-Eloois-Winkel Sport 2-1 VW Hamme
    26.09.2015 BEL D3A VW Hamme 0-3 FCV Dender EH
    19.09.2015 BEL D3A Oudenaarde 3-2 VW Hamme

Mind you the loss to Sint-Eloois-Winkel Sport was a tough one as there were no linos & they were using cones for goal posts - the winner should have been disallowed.

Good research. Can we play KSV Temse next?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:

Despite that, I give him 5 games max if we keep losing

Is there a Belgium Division Four for us to source Fraeye's replacement from?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Leuth said:

If our midfield are incapable of retaining possession, does that not rather back up my recent criticisms of Cousins? Or is it all Ba's fault again?

Jackson, obviously, without fault

I can't see the Jackson/Cousins combination working....but I hope it does. We're probably going to have to keep JJ in the side for his willingness and his ability to score important goals.

Kashi is a huge miss because he breaks the play up and gets us decent possession. I hope we can get him back before Xmas....and then that he stays fit.
  • Options
    Swerve said:

A quality day out with the boy and good mates, we all knew we we going to lose but batted on anyway. 0-0 at halftime was taking the piss a bit. Tried to keep singing though!

At least Eaglescliffe worked out ok.
  • Options
    Swerve said:

A quality day out with the boy and good mates, we all knew we we going to lose but batted on anyway. 0-0 at halftime was taking the piss a bit. Tried to keep singing though!

You lot deserve a medal
    Well done
  • Options

Listening to Fraeye on the Louis Mendez interview sounds like he thinks the squad is big enough, “We can only play 11 players. Whether we have a squad of just 11 or 30, we can only put 11 on the pitch at any one time." https://audioboom.com/boos/3759606-listen-cafcofficial-new-interim-head-coach-karel-fraeye-looks-back-on-the-positives-from-3-0-defeat-at-middlesbrough-cafc
    Guess any old 11 will do.
    Hard to respect people who either lie about what they really think (in case the boss doesn't like it) or who aren't good enough professionally to make a sound judgement.

You couldn't make it up
  • Options
    clive said:

Swerve said:

At least Eaglescliffe worked out ok.
    Certainly did, could rethink their name though!
  • Options

The saddest part of all of today is this post-match thread.

We've just lost our third game in a row 3-0, yet people aren't even that angry about it. People don't care! People are resigned to defeat.

KM/RD what have you done?!

100 per cent agree. I am getting annoyed reading this thread, angry doesn't even start to dicribe how I feel right now

GO BACK TO BELGIUM GET OUT OF OUR CLUB
  • Options
    Strangest thing for me was at the end of the game when the team - and Euell and Fraeye - came over to clap the supporters and we clapped them back. There was no anger - just a sense that we are nowhere near good enough and somehow all part of a strange, failing experiment.

Also noticeable that during match Boro fans sang 'There's only one Steve Gibson' while we sang 'Roland is a wanker'. Sums it all up, really.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    AshBurton said:

We're improving - Football League Thingy just showed one of our shots!

We only had one!
  • Options
    Karel Smiley...!

I've just lost it
  • Options
    clive said:

Total shambles.'Boro' supporter said to me we were one of the worst sides his ever seen & i agreed with him,we don't look like scoring another goal this season.
    This is by far the worse team i've seen wearing a Charlton Shirt.
    Thanks Roland.

It may be the worst team you've seen wearing a Charlton shirt but it's also almost the same team that beat QPR and Hull and drew at Derby and Forest at the start of the season, the team that was going to be good enough to challenge for the playoffs.

We know that team can play. We know that team can score goals. We've seen it.

They need confidence and that's not going to happen wit the current set-up. So all I can say is bugger off Belgians (perhaps with the exception of Franck Moussa). Your beer, mussels and chips are great, you have some great places to visit, much nicer than London SE7, so please just go back there (or in RD's case, stay there).
  • Options
    I don't care anymore. What an indictment as to what these bastards have done to our club, my Please feck of now
  • Options

I made the pilgrimage today to watch this. Well..........Fraeye changed the tactics (at last) and played a 4-5-1 with everybody behind the ball and the players clearly told to take their time over throw ins/free kicks/goal kicks etc. It wasn't pretty but it worked. In the second half we tried to play a bit more. Always a gamble and Middlesbrough promptly scored when Nugent poached a goal. We then got outplayed in the last 25 minutes, let in 2 more and had Henderson to thank for stopping another couple. Watt and Ghoochannejad as a striking partnership looked ok actually - Reza almost scored at one point. But: realistically were we ever going to get a result out of this? Middlesbrough are a quality side playing extremely well at present. The real test would be getting something away at Milton Keynes on Tuesday evening. We still only need an average set of results from the remaining 32 games to stay up. Provided (a) we get a proper manager of any sort from anywhere and (b) we get some defensive loanees in we ought to be able to do this.

And then what? Same shit next season? With less fans and less interest. I'd rather fast forward a few years, league 2, new ownership, and start again a la Portsmouth.
  • Options
    On a lighter note did anyone else notice on the big screen yesterday when the substitution was made:

32 T.WATT
  • Options

Listening to Fraeye on the Louis Mendez interview sounds like he thinks the squad is big enough, “We can only play 11 players. Whether we have a squad of just 11 or 30, we can only put 11 on the pitch at any one time." https://audioboom.com/boos/3759606-listen-cafcofficial-new-interim-head-coach-karel-fraeye-looks-back-on-the-positives-from-3-0-defeat-at-middlesbrough-cafc
    Guess any old 11 will do.
    Hard to respect people who either lie about what they really think (in case the boss doesn't like it) or who aren't good enough professionally to make a sound judgement.

Was going to make the same point.

He could have said (a) I would like a bigger squad to cover us when we have injuries or (b) we have the squad we have and I have to make the bet of it but no, he says you only need a squad of 11 (getting rid of subs?).

Doesn't want to put the boss under pressure, just a gutless yes man.

Strikes me as someone who is looking for a pay cheque, and that's all. A full-on piss taker.
  • Options
    SX_Addick said:

If Carol said we competed for 60 minutes then I must have been at a different game. Boro by far the better side but were nothing special. They just couldn't get through ten defenders.
    No shape, no energy or movement when trying to get out from defence. Posession may have been greater if we could string passes together, but passes were easily cut out.
    Henderson by far our best player, even if he was time wasting after just 5 minutes. Bizarrely we were wasting time at 2-0 and 3-0. Presumably trying to keep the score down.
    Preston was a low for the season. But in many ways this was worse.

Perhaps whilst Fraeye is manager we can ask for matches to only last 60 minutes, this will be to give us a chance of a result.