Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The return of the Yann?

I've read quite a few rumours lately that this is going to happen and really believe that if the Frenchman does return it could seriously divide our fanbase and undo some of the great momentum which has been building up since last weekend's protests.

Don't get me wrong. I was (still am) a massive fan of Kermo but I'd hate for him to come back to our car crash of a club right now.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options

I've read quite a few rumours lately that this is going to happen and really believe that if the Frenchman does return it could seriously divide our fanbase and undo some of the great momentum which has been building up since last weekend's protests.

Don't get me wrong. I was (still am) a massive fan of Kermo but I'd hate for him to come back to our car crash of a club right now.

Thoughts?

I don't agree but that's exactly what they're trying to do. We're too united now.
  • Options

Thoughts?

Presume that would be his decision. ...
    Why should it divide the fan Base?
    Football fans are fickle, a couple of quick goals and everyone's onside.
    Rumour I heard left as could not get a contract longer than 1 year, has managed 4 more at Bournemouth. Could you honestly blame him?.
  • Options

It also proves they got it wrong by letting him go.

So wrong. If Yann was so out of order, would they consider having him back?. I would have thought not..
  • Options

Thoughts?

Presume that would be his decision. ...
    Why should it divide the fan Base?
    Football fans are fickle, a couple of quick goals and everyone's onside.
    Rumour I heard left as could not get a contract longer than 1 year, has managed 4 more at Bournemouth. Could you honestly blame him?.
    Yann was (is) such a cult figure in many Charlton fans eyes it would certainly alter their views on the regime and any move to bring him back would be seen as a good thing. On the other side of the fence there are those who see him as some kind of greedy, money grabbing judas who walked out of the club when Bournemouth offered him more money and a longer contract. I do believe that the majority of fans would welcome Yann back but would that be enough to pacify them and dilute the on-going protests therefore turning the tide back in RD, KM and RM's favour? Time will tell I suppose!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So wrong. If Yann was so out of order, would they consider having him back?. I would have thought not..
    I didn't say Yann was out of order?
  • Options
    I guess Bournemouth are waiting for Iturbe's work permit to be approved before anyone leaves... They might even want to try and sign Grabban again and wont release any players until they've adequate cover.

Reckon Yann could quite easily be a deadline signing... If we get him then Watt will sign perm for Cardiff, reckon thats what Fraeye meant the other day when he said that the situation will assessed with him
  • Options

I guess Bournemouth are waiting for Iturbe's work permit to be approved before anyone leaves... They might even want to try and sign Grabban again and wont release any players until they've adequate cover.

Reckon Yann could quite easily be a deadline signing... If we get him then Watt will sign perm for Cardiff, reckon thats what Fraeye meant the other day when he said that the situation will assessed with him

Watt will not sign for Cardiff until his loan runs out, January 16th.
  • Options

Sorry..previous posters saying money grabber etc. But does anyone other than the people involved know the true story?.
  • Options

Kermorgant would no doubt improve the squad (though he's two years older and another couple of yards slower), but are we really meant to believe that he's the best target man available on loan across the whole universe of potential realistic targets?

Like Johnson and Poyet, it smacks of lack of scouting resources or worse, short-term fan appeasement.

Panic springs to mind.
  • Options

Sorry..previous posters saying money grabber etc. But does anyone other than the people involved know the true story?.
    Can you blame him if he was? In his 30s and a career which only got traction after he joined us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We don't have scouts so we're just re-signing players we've already employed!

Our current scout is Mark Stow, previous head scout of Watford and Cardiff

• Options
    support the team not the people that run the club
  • Options

Guy Luzon and Katrien can help with the work permit...