Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The return of the Yann?

Comments

• Options
    markmc68 said:

Next Dale Stephens will be heading north back to Charlton.

I really hope not
  • Options
    Heard that Boro and Hull had also shown interest in Kermorgant so we will see.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Next Dale Stephens will be heading north back to Charlton.

He's finally figured out his map was upside-down all along...........
  • Options

Well that's him gone then. Take away the fact that he would have to be bat shit crazy to re-join our zoo anyway, even an English winter in Middlesborough and Hull must seem more appealing than hoping Fraeye miraculously discovers the rudiments of formation and tactics every week!
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Next Dale Stephens will be heading south back to Charlton.

• Options

Kermorgant would no doubt improve the squad (though he's two years older and another couple of yards slower), but are we really meant to believe that he's the best target man available on loan across the whole universe of potential realistic targets?

Like Johnson and Poyet, it smacks of lack of scouting resources or worse, short-term fan appeasement.

Have you seen a better target man in the Championship in the last 2 years? Not sure I have.

He's skillful, combative, aerially dominant and inventive - that is a pretty potent mix in one player at this level.True he's never been the fastest mover, but its not an essential quality for his type of player, and he isn't out and out prolific, but I'm not sure there are that many better alternatives who we could realistically attract.

That's what made letting him leave in the first place such a bad move.
    He also took a pretty decent free kick.
  • Options

if this happens I'll have KM picture tattooed on my arse.

Just replying so that I remember this comment.
    Fear not. I've put a reminder in my outlook calendar on 1st Feb
  • Options
    He's on the bench for Bournemouth every game I believe he's 3rd he line behind Murray and King why would they loan him out
  • Options

He's on the bench for Bournemouth every game I believe he's 3rd he line behind Murray and King why would they loan him out

Not for the last few games. Hasn't even travelled.

AFCB will most likely spend big too, already signed a player from Roma, so he moves further down the pecking order.

Will he want to move back to Greenwich? Sure. Will he want move back to Charlton? Who knows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well they just signed a striker on loan from Roma so that will automatically push Yann further away from playing
  • Options
    I stand corrected in that case, would love him to come back.
  • Options

Well that's him gone then. Take away the fact that he would have to be bat shit crazy to re-join our zoo anyway, even an English winter in Middlesborough and Hull must seem more appealing than hoping Fraeye miraculously discovers the rudiments of formation and tactics every week!
    You say that but Poyet has very good links with members of the team, must know exactly what's going on and still decided to come here
  • Options
    They should break the bank to get Yann back - whatever it takes - this will give the fans a massive lift, will virtually guarantee our safety and take the immediate pressure off of them - an acknowledgement of their own mistakes to boot - actions speak louder than words. If they can then collaborate with the new investment and bring Curbishley (DOF) and Powell (Manager) in by the time the season tickets need renewing, they may just have dug themselves out of a crisis and regained our respect.
  • Options

Thing is, at 34 he would most likely want games as his time is running out, we can pretty much guarantee that if he stays fit, not sure the other two could. Also if he went Hull or Boro who would he know/he would have to settle etc, it's only a short term move so he might be the sort who likes home comforts and the familiar? Reckon there is a chance with this the issue will be. Bournemouth as we will almost certainly offer a lower % of his wages and why would they accept that unless he really dug his heels in.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

They should break the bank to get Yann back - whatever it takes - this will give the fans a massive lift, will virtually guarantee our safety and take the immediate pressure off of them - an acknowledgement of their own mistakes to boot - actions speak louder than words. If they can then collaborate with the new investment and bring Curbishley (DOF) and Powell (Manager) in by the time the season tickets need renewing, they may just have dug themselves out of a crisis and regained our respect.

Not a hope in hell of that happening with RD in charge
  • Options
    Today's papers saying Bournemouth interested in getting Patrick Bamford in on loan. If successful, that must surely open the door for Yann to leave
  • Options

AFCB will most likely spend big too, already signed a player from Roma, so he moves further down the pecking order.

Will he want to move back to Greenwich? Sure. Will he want move back to Charlton? Who knows.
    I saw him when he came on for the last few minutes against Palace on Boxing Day. Not enough time to form much of an opinion on his form but he looked like he had been on the croissants tbf.
  • Options

I saw him when he came on for the last few minutes against Palace on Boxing Day. Not enough time to form much of an opinion on his form but he looked like he had been on the croissants tbf.
    Has he ever been off the croissants?
  • Options

Thing is, at 34 he would most likely want games as his time is running out, we can pretty much guarantee that if he stays fit, not sure the other two could. Also if he went Hull or Boro who would he know/he would have to settle etc, it's only a short term move so he might be the sort who likes home comforts and the familiar? Reckon there is a chance with this the issue will be. Bournemouth as we will almost certainly offer a lower % of his wages and why would they accept that unless he really dug his heels in.
    And also his 'home' is SELondon area - has a flat in Docklands and house in Kent i believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Guaranteed games at The Valley over possible games at Boro and Hull. Moving to the North East or to his family home in Greenwich.

Not saying he will come but I think we have as much chance as those two clubs.
  • Options
    ''Next Dale Stephens will be heading north back to Charlton.''

Let's hope so, was one of our best midfielders in recent years
    and scored some great goals. IMO one of CP's best ever signings!
    Sadly like Tony Watt too good for us!
  • Options
    Well it was a huge msitake letting him go in the first place but if he's available and willing to come back on loan for the rest of the season I would happily drive to Bournmouth and bring him back personally. Just what we need bottle, skill and he loves the club.
  • Options
    At his age, his lack of pace is a positive. He doesn't rely on it and pace is the first thing to go!
  • Options
    Let's just hope we don't revert to the traditional "lump it up to Yann" tactic if he's foolish enough to return to this circus.
  • Options

''Next Dale Stephens will be heading north back to Charlton.''

Let's hope so, was one of our best midfielders in recent years
    and scored some great goals. IMO one of CP's best ever signings!
    Sadly like Tony Watt too good for us!

Jensen was class and Stephens was a one paced, hide from the ball plodder , in my opinion . Quite surprised he's done ok at Brighton, but then again Francis has become a premier league centre half
  • Options

Today's papers saying Bournemouth interested in getting Patrick Bamford in on loan. If successful, that must surely open the door for Yann to leave

I find that strange that they would. He was crap at Palace when his few opportunities presented themselves. So I'm told, anyway.
  • Options
    Too old.
    We can do better, we wont, but we can.
  • Options

We don't have scouts so we're just re-signing players we've already employed!

This is the most factual statement of the week
  • Options
    Watch him come back as a complete donkey.