Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The return of the Yann?

Comments

• Options
    Even if yann isn't our saviour at least I'll feel more connected to the club again.
  • Options

Talk Reading ‏@TalkReading · 5h5 hours ago
    #ReadingFC are keen on signing Bournemouth striker Yann Kermorgant this month. [@Brad_Pinard]

• Options
    Bournemouth now interested in Lewis Grabban from Norwich, how many strikers do they need?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    ross1 said:

Bournemouth now interested in Lewis Grabban from Norwich, how many strikers do they need?

Reza... Vaz Te... Makienok... Ahearne-Grant... Vetokele... Lookman... Pigott... Umerah

Just listing the First Team Strikers we have at Sparrows Lane at the moment along with the latter who has been on the bench a few times... Have said it before, we've got enough of them, just need someone who'll create chances for them (Harriott / Ceballos hopefully)
  • Options

ross1 said:

Reza... Vaz Te... Makienok... Ahearne-Grant... Vetokele... Lookman... Pigott... Umerah

Just listing the First Team Strikers we have at Sparrows Lane at the moment along with the latter who has been on the bench a few times... Have said it before, we've got enough of them, just need someone who'll create chances for them (Harriott / Ceballos hopefully)
    How many of those are championship quality strikers? I'll give you Lookman (based on the highlights that I have seen) and the Vetokele of 15/16 months ago. Vaz Te has been in the past
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I'd list Reza in there too... I got laughed at for saying he'd be our top Goalscorer this season but he's there at the moment

He's the sort that takes the chances he gets as well, the only time I remember him being wasteful was against Leeds (?) when he missed an opportunity and then tried the spectaculer a few times to try and atone
  • Options

Yann's loan move away from Bournemouth just came a step closer with the Cherries signing Afobi from Wolves, that step won't be towards Charlton obviously but let's wish him good luck wherever he next plies his trade.

That step also less likely to be towards Bristol City cos they've just landed a striker from Bolton in the Wanderers fire sale - which ought to be a reasonable source of competent players with relevant experience, (Dervitte anybody?) if only Charlton had any scouts (at all) literate with English 2nd division football.

• Options

Charlton Athletic Top Scorers

Facebook
    Twitter

Rank
    Player FA LG LC Total
    Reza Ghoochannejhad 1 2 1 4
    Karlan Ahearne-Grant 0 1 2 3
    Johnnie Jackson 0 3 0 3
    Ademola Lookman 0 3 0 3
    Simon Makienok 0 3 0 3
    Johann Berg Gudmundsson 0 2 0 2
    Callum Harriott 2 0 0 2
    Mahamadou-Naby Sarr 0 1 1 2
    Patrick Bauer 0 1 0 1
    Zakarya Bergdich 0 0 1 1
    Jordan Cousins 0 1 0 1
    Morgan Fox 0 1 0 1
    Ahmed Kashi 0 0 1 1
    Mikhail Kennedy 0 0 1 1
    Harry Lennon 0 1 0 1
    Igor Vetokele 0 0 1 1
  • Options

I'd list Reza in there too... I got laughed at for saying he'd be our top Goalscorer this season but he's there at the moment

He's the sort that takes the chances he gets as well, the only time I remember him being wasteful was against Leeds (?) when he missed an opportunity and then tried the spectaculer a few times to try and atone

Your having a laugh Reza is awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nicholas said:

Open your eyes and look at the goals he's scored... He's a poacher with each and everyone that he's got, he aint going to be the type to go on a mazy run and finish in the box making the crowd go: Oooohhhhh I need tissues!!

- Dagenham ... Clear on Goal and chipped the 'keeper
    - Sheffield Wednesday ... Sense to run and pass the ball into the net.
    - Brighton ... Again, in the right place in the right time in the penalty area to strike home
    - Colchester ... Header

Bet your the type that yells Shooooot every time a player gets within 30-yards of goal, thinking they're going to see the net ripple every time!!
    Your nuts. His all round play is cack. don't try and make his goals sound better then what they were he is pony.
  • Options
    Anyway........

Any news on the Yann ?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Open your eyes and look at the goals he's scored... He's a poacher with each and everyone that he's got, he aint going to be the type to go on a mazy run and finish in the box making the crowd go: Oooohhhhh I need tissues!!

- Dagenham ... Clear on Goal and chipped the 'keeper
    - Sheffield Wednesday ... Sense to run and pass the ball into the net.
    - Brighton ... Again, in the right place in the right time in the penalty area to strike home
    - Colchester ... Header

Bet your the type that yells Shooooot every time a player gets within 30-yards of goal, thinking they're going to see the net ripple every time!!
    Your nuts. His all round play is cack. don't try and make his goals sound better then what they were he is pony.
    He's a Striker... His job is to score goals... He's scoring!!

Genuine question, what else do you want him to do that he isnt doing at the moment?
  • Options
    He has score 2 tap ins in the league all season. If your pleased with that your on something.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

He has score 2 tap ins in the league all season. If your pleased with that your on something.

Answer the question... What else do you want him to do that he isnt doing at the moment?

Those two goals saw him get into the right place at the right time... Maybe if we had Midfielder who could create chances we'd see more league goals scored by all our Strikers its not like any of them are running away with it.

Name a single Striker that we've had who has scored 10 plus goals in a season off their own work...
    - Mendonca had the likes of Kinsella / Hales had the likes of Peacock / Bent had the likes of Murphy

Yes Reza can't drop into Midfield, pick up the ball and run deep into the opposition half before scoring but name me ANY Striker in this Division that can do that, yes Reza needs to be in the penalty area to stand a chance of scoring but so did Simon Church or would you prefer him back?
  • Options

You're

.........?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Nicholas said:

You're

You're

.........?
    He's referring to the above quote... Should have be you're on something
  • Options
    This is a pointless thread unfortunately, no way he's coming back here, I've no source and I'd love to be wrong but no chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nicholas said:

Answer the question... What else do you want him to do that he isnt doing at the moment?

Those two goals saw him get into the right place at the right time... Maybe if we had Midfielder who could create chances we'd see more league goals scored by all our Strikers its not like any of them are running away with it.

Name a single Striker that we've had who has scored 10 plus goals in a season off their own work...
    - Mendonca had the likes of Kinsella / Hales had the likes of Peacock / Bent had the likes of Murphy

Yes Reza can't drop into Midfield, pick up the ball and run deep into the opposition half before scoring but name me ANY Striker in this Division that can do that, yes Reza needs to be in the penalty area to stand a chance of scoring but so did Simon Church or would you prefer him back?
    Tony Watt :-)
    Doesnt have any consistency though does he... He scored twice for Cardiff in eight matches and hasn't found the net on the last four occasions, so seems to be drifting back to the form he was on before we decided to send him out on loan
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Are you really comparing Reza to the likes of Mendonca Hales and Bent, just saying he has less supply from midfield?

There's making good runs then there's making good runs at the right times, and creating your own chances (strikers do have to do this quite regularly, beat a man or get the ball themselves through hard work) .

He has scored THREE goals in 28 league appearances I believe. A goal every 548 minutes he has been on the pitch.

Darren Bent scored a goal every 180 minutes (goal every 2) for us, regardless of supply he was in the Premier League.

Reza is always going to be one that takes the eye of the fan because he is quick and runs a lot and can show great glimpses, but I would prefer many a 'average' striker in the Championship to him, in fact I could probably name a striker from each Club in the Championship I would. He's really nothing special at all.
  • Options
    No am not comparing Reza to anyone... What I was saying was Mendonca / Bent / Hales would fail to scored the amount of goals they managed in a Charlton shirt in our current squad because no one is creating any chances.

Take the Lookman second goal against Bolton... We scored that because half the Bolton side fell over in their box which allowed the ball to get through to him, he did brilliantly to get into the position and finished well, but the ball through to him was nothing special and had a Bolton player shown a bit of composure, they'd have made an interception.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    These are the players I would have in front of the two goal scoring machine Reza.
    Lookman, Makinok, Vaz Te, Watt.

Reza is a poor mans Gudmundsson and a crap striker.
    Sorry cant compare Reza to JBG thats just wrong, even if JBG has been poor this season.
  • Options
    Reza 4
    Gudmundsson 2

Reza is therefore twice the goal threat.
  • Options
    Reza has his moments, every 1 in 12 games or so, not a Champ striker IMO.
  • Options
    I'm just being WUM here btw.

I love Reza and think with service he could be a 10 a season man, but when you play 46 games, that's not enough.