Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The return of the Yann?

Comments

• Options
    It's like the statement that kf made saying he's glad to get poyet back
    I don't suppose he'd even heard of him till yesterday
    Total plank
  • Options

Total plank

You know KF was Assistant Manager when Poyet won Player of the Year dont you?

Or do you mean he wont have a clue who Yann is?
  • Options

Total plank

Was playing when Fraeye was Rigas assistant.
  • Options
    Looks like Bristol City are after Yann on a permanent deal, got a bad feeling we're going to miss out.
  • Options

Looks like Bristol City are after Yann on a permanent deal, got a bad feeling we're going to miss out.

Not sure if we have any interest in loaning him or buying him.But given his age a permanent move would be more lucrative to Yann than coming back here on loan.

• Options
    Hendo
    Solly, Bauer, Rodge, THD
    JBG, Jacko/Diarra, Poyet
    Lookman, Yann, Watt

If only..
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Too old.
    We can do better, we wont, but we can.

How many goals did he score last season in this league?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Scoham said:

Greenie said:

Too old.
    We can do better, we wont, but we can.

How many goals did he score last season in this league?
    15 in 38 games

and 9 in 16 in the second half of the previous season (to bag 14 in 37 in total league)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely think he will leave us, maybe on loan to you guys? He hasn't had much chance to impress but when he has started or come on he struggled with the pace of the game and got caught in possession quite a lot. Tending to play an extra midfielder so limited chances for him (showed some Yanb class in the reserves today apparently)

We need pace up front which is a shame as he is still held in high regard here, it's a shame He is not getting game time but can't see it here.

P.s Simon Francis captain and playing so well this year, especially at CB, shame it didn't work out with you guys.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Let's just hope we don't revert to the traditional "lump it up to Yann" tactic if he's foolish enough to return to this circus.

Quite, lump it up to Big Mak is working well enough thank you ;-)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Watch him come back as a complete donkey.

That's still an improvement on what we've got
  • Options

If that team went down I'd eat my hat

Lookman?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Lookman?
    And Diarra.
  • Options

Solly and Henderson apart that defence looks weak to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Scoham said:

Lookman?
    Yeah I didn't know quite how to fit him and Diarra in
  • Options

Scoham said:

Lookman?
    Good options to have from the bench... What about Vetokele, if he's almost fit and we get Yann that wouldn't be a bad partnership (i.e. be very similar to the one Bournemouth had last season with Yann and Wilson)
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Scoham said:

Lookman?
    We also need to get Lookman back on loan first (:
  • Options
    Yann was my favourite player along with Andy Reid of recent times but think it will smack of desperation if he comes back.
    Short termism rules at present and the continued presence of KF at the helm just highlights what a circus we have become.
    Wouldn't surprise me if the Sodje brothers were signed next - would be cheap!
  • Options

Scoham said:

Lookman?

Not a bad problem to potentially have though. We'd have gone from a bench filled with kids, to having to leave out good quality players. When fit though, would prefer to start with Lookman over Harriott
  • Options

This crops up every transfer window and never happens. I think it's Yann getting his revenge on Meire by jizzing us about. Saying yes but never joining. Hope we have another target because if this happens I'll have KM picture tattooed on my arse.

Edit : Probably

Tries to erase a mental picture of where Pinocchios's nose is pointing on SHG's new tattoo!
    This all has disturbing echoes of a story I read a few months back - http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/PINOCCHIO-PRIVATES-GOT-GROUNDED/story-26459135-detail/story.html
  • Options
    On a serious note I would gladly have Yann back, but share @Airman Brown thoughts on what is being done with loans.
  • Options
    Don't get why people would be averse to Kermorgant coming back. I know it's hardly a benchmark, but he's a considerable improvement on Makienok.
  • Options
    Johnson may have played in a team that won games last season. But his overall contribution was erratic and full of basic errors not helped by his slow pace. I recall games when young Gomez had to rescue a hapless Johnson on numerous occasions. Suddenly he's seen by some on here as a saviour. Very short memories. He's only back 'cos it was easy for a deal to be made - not for the right reason of recruiting a player who would be a solid performer at centreback. Michael Morrison falls into that category, not Mr Johnson.