Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The return of the Yann?

Comments

• Options

I believe it would have triggered an extension on his existing terms, but he (quite rightly in my book) wanted a pay rise, which CP had pretty much promised him as soon as there was money available...

Weegie, i would be amazed if that was the case that Yann and his agent would accept a contract extension which said he had to take the same money ?

Don't know if Airman has the answer, but Chris Parks Would !
  • Options

I believe it would have triggered an extension on his existing terms, but he (quite rightly in my book) wanted a pay rise, which CP had pretty much promised him as soon as there was money available...

Weegie, i would be amazed if that was the case that Yann and his agent would accept a contract extension which said he had to take the same money ?

Don't know if Airman has the answer, but Chris Parks Would !
    NLA claims he knows.
  • Options
    NLA told you all the truth
  • Options

Diarra is the least ridiculous signing of the Duchatelet regime.

For sure older than in his prime but total experienced reliable quality (until injured)

I bet there were a lot of supporters who could not believe it when they gave him a new contract, at least they must get one right occasionally
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Not me I said he was a

dirty no good mysteriously game before extension clause triggered, injured no good bstd

Not a money grabber must've been someone else

It's normally the clubs that won't play players, when they would trigger a Contract extension, not the other way round.

Kermo had nothing to gain for refusing to play because HE Wanted A contract Extension. If you heard he didn't want to play,could it be because he had a knock, and didn't feel valued ?

Can anyone on CL explain it to me if i have the wrong end of the stick regarding Extentions.
    Club "Guess what Yann, one more game till you get another years contract"

Yann "Same terms?"

Club "Yes"

Yann "No pay rise despite it not being agreed when i signed this contract"

Club "thats right"

Yann "I'm injured"

edit just to point out it would have been Yann and his agent that wanted a years extension on the same term so that if he only just made the number due to loads of injuries and suspensions the club couldn't offer a lesser contract.
  • Options

Reading are close to signing Bournemouth striker Yann Kermorgant for a fee worth in the region of £500,000. pic.twitter.com/8NMRJSsxRs

— Transfer Centre Live (@TransferCentreL) January 20, 2016
    Great...Not! Just before we play them no doubt...!
  • Options
    £500k... Surely we can afford that!!
  • Options

You would have thought so. Cawley tweeting:

Been told there is no chance of a return to The Valley. #cafc had hoped for a loan deal.

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) January 20, 2016
  • Options
    Get to The Valley on the 27th February when Yann returns home
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Would have hoped that to be the case but seems not
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Would have hoped that to be the case but seems not
    We signed that Jorge bloke for £380,000, it's only a few more microchips for Roland to flog! Or better still, maybe if we didn't sign Sarr for £1.4 million or whatever it was, we'd have the £500k to bring Yann back
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Bournemouth aren't a charity though are they?! Charlton should be embarrassed going back to ask them to loan Kermogant. Absolute clowns.

They forget they got him for a steal. They forget we gave them thousands of seats last season for their biggest day ever.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Missed It said:

Bournemouth aren't a charity though are they?! Charlton should be embarrassed going back to ask them to loan Kermogant. Absolute clowns.

They forget they got him for a steal. They forget we gave them thousands of seats last season for their biggest day ever.

Gave them?
  • Options
    Kermogant having medical at Reading now
  • Options

Do you want us to replace the new pitch with the old one ?

I guess they still don't want to pay the "greedy Frenchman" 13k a week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

Kermogant having medical at Reading now

Oh good, they'll find out he's a killer robot from the future and he'll fail it. Unless Reading are in to that
  • Options

He was available and willing to come, she messed around, now looks like we're missing out.

How much was Yann asking for?
  • Options
    If we weren't willing to give him the money he wanted two years ago why would we want to pay a transfer fee and commit to those wages now?

I agree that he would add something but I'm not sure that would be enough for those running the club to commit a £500k fee and in excess of £1m in wages over the next eighteen months.

I really, really wish he'd stayed - especially with the FA Cup quarter final that we lost. Losing Dale Stephens didn't bother me anywhere near as much but two years down the line I'm not so sure he is the best answer on a permanent deal.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    If only we hadn't wasted money on:

Sarr
    Williams
    Johnson-wtf
    Ba
    Mak
    Bergdich
    Vaz te - looked okay a couple of times but doesn't want to be here

and probably some more I have forgotten, we could have more than afforded Yann and would have made a darn sight more difference to us than those jokers.

Completely understandable he would choose Reading over us even if the same terms had been offered. Massive gulf between the two clubs at the moment in so many ways, such a shame.
  • Options
    For RD to admit he was wrong over a manager (Riga), is one thing, to admit you are wrong over a player, especially when you have already done it with Johnson, never!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

For RD to admit he was wrong over a manager (Riga), is one thing, to admit you are wrong over a player, especially when you have already done it with Johnson, never!

Think he resigned Johnson to prove he was right

• Options
    Think it's time to move in from this. He's not now or ever coming back.