Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The return of the Yann?

Comments

• To me its a good thing he's not coming back, its like having a girlfriend who you adored, loved to pieces but you took her for granted and she left you.
    2 years later and your life is a mess, you look a mess, you're out of work with nowhere to live and you bump in to her.
    You try to put on a brave face when you hear she's married, doing well and is very happy.
    But underneath your'e broken and you know she can see it.

I don't want Yann to see us, the way we are now!!

A bit dramatic I know, :-)

This 100%
  • Is tucudean available for selection now we are in a transfer window? Never got my head around his situation with basically being sacked from a loan. Not that he would make much of a difference, I am just curious.
  • drewman said:

Is tucudean available for selection now we are in a transfer window? Never got my head around his situation with basically being sacked from a loan. Not that he would make much of a difference, I am just curious.

no, recently joined another team until the end of the season
  • drewman said:

Is tucudean available for selection now we are in a transfer window? Never got my head around his situation with basically being sacked from a loan. Not that he would make much of a difference, I am just curious.

drewman said:

And because the original loan to Romania was for the whole season so cant rejoin us until the Summer
  • To me its a good thing he's not coming back, its like having a girlfriend who you adored, loved to pieces but you took her for granted and she left you.
    2 years later and your life is a mess, you look a mess, you're out of work with nowhere to live and you bump in to her.
    You try to put on a brave face when you hear she's married, doing well and is very happy.
    But underneath you're broken and you know she can see it.

Ha ha, this feels like my life right now (except I do have a house and job ha ha)! Shame that my favorite escapism from issues in my personal life is Charlton Athletic, which is like jumping out of the fire and into the frying pan.
  • Bloody hell, they medical is taking an age. We must be in with a shout then!
  • Sod's law that he might be going to Reading, and that happens to be footy for a fiver day.
  • Maybe the number has dropped and is within budget now.....

If Yann had a straight choice of us and Reading it would be us 100%
  • Simonsen said:

He was available and willing to come, she messed around, now looks like we're missing out.

How much was Yann asking for?
    don't know but he wanted to come
  • Sponsored links:

• drewman said:

We've dodged a bullet there.
  • drewman said:

Depends how much of his wages we are still paying...

• Yann may be getting on a bit but he has one thing we need - experience. If we could have grabbed Yann back we would have had the great Frenchman himself, Johnny Jackson and Chris Solly. Whilst their legs may not be what they used to, they have the level heads and sense of purpose the squad needs, which would only help the likes of Tony Watt in staying level headed.
    Riga would have got a lot out of Yann, and to be honest he would be worth more than £500k to us given what he would add to others on the pitch, even if he was not on it himself at the time.
    Looks like we've lost out to Reading. Our loss is their gain.
  • drewman said:

Depends how much of his wages we are still paying...

We're paying him not play for us - happy days (:
  • If we weren't willing to give him the money he wanted two years ago why would we want to pay a transfer fee and commit to those wages now?

I agree that he would add something but I'm not sure that would be enough for those running the club to commit a £500k fee and in excess of £1m in wages over the next eighteen months.

I really, really wish he'd stayed - especially with the FA Cup quarter final that we lost. Losing Dale Stephens didn't bother me anywhere near as much but two years down the line I'm not so sure he is the best answer on a permanent deal.

Because back then RD was underestimating The Championship whereas now we have it on good authority he is not (RM). That is why we have signed Johnson, Williams and some chap from Standard this transfer window, I guess we have moved on and are aiming for better than Yann now, more fool Reading.
  • confirmed signed for Reading tonight

Fuck. The end of a dream.
  • Sponsored links:

Annoying but it's done now. Time to move on and not dwell on it
  • Nothing left to see here now..time to move on.....sadly... Good luck Yann, but please don't score against us in a few weeks time!!
  • edited January 2016
    Bringing Yann back could almost have won back some brownie points for the board. No chance now
  • Why on earth would a man of his staure come back to this sorry shower?
    'Never go back' is good advice.

Just wish some of this poxy regime would heed it.
  • Well thank fuck for that.

move on.
  • tricky said:

Bringing Yann back could almost have won back some brownie points for the board. No chance now

Na :'(
    But underneath you're broken and you know she can see it.

That is a deep anology.

Another deep thought is this...

It's hard to wait for something you know might never happen,
    But it's even harder to give when you know it's everything you want.