Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The return of the Yann?

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Missed a sitter for Reading today.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

He really wanted to come back.

Bournemouth said he could choose where he went and weren't fussed about the fee now.

Sadly our chief negotiator is both rude and hugely inept and fucked it up. Again.

Source - as close as it gets

That's infuriating. We may as well have a sack of hammers sat in the CEO's chair. To be honest, we moan about missing out on Yann and chucking a 4.5 year contract at a 29 year old but it's a wonder we manage to bring any players through the door at all given who does the negotiating. She's basically just a carriage clock with a face glued on really, isn't she?
    Dunno if it's been mentioned on here elsewhere, but there is someone on the CAFC Facebook page claiming to be a Liege fan saying they don't think Roland ever really sold Liege, rather he did a deal which makes it look like he no longer owns them when in fact he is the power behind the throne, so to speak.

If that is true that might explain why we got the Teixeira deal done so easily. He might be a network signing after all.
  • Options
    ^ would not surprise me one little bit.
  • Options
    @Exiled_Addick Can you provide a link to that ?

Probably worth its own thread and if it could be proved would be huge news.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Bournemouth said he could choose where he went and weren't fussed about the fee now.

Sadly our chief negotiator is both rude and hugely inept and fucked it up. Again.

That's infuriating. We may as well have a sack of hammers sat in the CEO's chair. To be honest, we moan about missing out on Yann and chucking a 4.5 year contract at a 29 year old but it's a wonder we manage to bring any players through the door at all given who does the negotiating. She's basically just a carriage clock with a face glued on really, isn't she?
    Dunno if it's been mentioned on here elsewhere, but there is someone on the CAFC Facebook page claiming to be a Liege fan saying they don't think Roland ever really sold Liege, rather he did a deal which makes it look like he no longer owns them when in fact he is the power behind the throne, so to speak.

If that is true that might explain why we got the Teixeira deal done so easily. He might be a network signing after all.
    Morning.
    Was "speaking" on Messenger last night to a guy called Kristof.
    Think he's the same guy as @Exiled_Addick was referring to, asked him to sign up on here.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Morning.
    Was "speaking" on Messenger last night to a guy called Kristof.
    Think he's the same guy as @Exiled_Addick was referring to, asked him to sign up on here.
    Didn't realise anyone still used MSN Messenger
  • Options

Missed a sitter for Reading today.

Has barely played this season so maybe it's best he didn't come back to us. Igor is getting closer to fitness and could make a difference. We do miss height up front though.
  • Options

Saw this on Bournemouth's YouTube channel just now. It kind of hurts to think that we didn't even get to see a farewell video like this when he left us - he had been such a popular player at Charlton for three years (longer than he's been at any other club) yet his time with us had to end the way it did. I may be in the minority here but to be honest I'm not excited about any new signings we've brought in lately - loan after loan, how are the fans supposed to feel a connection to the players when they are only going to be here for a few months? Well, the people who do the recruitment work at the club probably learnt their lessons from previous long-term signings which have turned out to be failures. They don't know whether the players they bring in will be good enough so all they can do is loan them in. Low risk, low return. Either way, I will always hate Duchatelet and his CEO for literally forcing Yann out - if I were Yann I would also feel the happiest time I've had is at Bournemouth, not Charlton.

https://youtu.be/brUuk80li2k

Nice to see you again Yann, Just a quick one...

I never stopped loving you x