Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The return of the Yann?

Comments

• Options
    No Jason Euell up front? Hope Fox has been given license to attack.
  • Options

No Jason Euell up front? Hope Fox has been given license to attack.

Only Colin knows QA - but he has handed Hendo a red shirt & told him to play rush goalie!!!
  • Options

Johnson may have played in a team that won games last season. But his overall contribution was erratic and full of basic errors not helped by his slow pace. I recall games when young Gomez had to rescue a hapless Johnson on numerous occasions. Suddenly he's seen by some on here as a saviour. Very short memories. He's only back 'cos it was easy for a deal to be made - not for the right reason of recruiting a player who would be a solid performer at centreback. Michael Morrison falls into that category, not Mr Johnson.

Yes agree. Given Boro a shoe in to go up, I'd like Williams if he proves fitness.
  • Options

Kermorgant would no doubt improve the squad (though he's two years older and another couple of yards slower), but are we really meant to believe that he's the best target man available on loan across the whole universe of potential realistic targets?

Like Johnson and Poyet, it smacks of lack of scouting resources or worse, short-term fan appeasement.

Have you seen a better target man in the Championship in the last 2 years? Not sure I have.

He's skillful, combative, aerially dominant and inventive - that is a pretty potent mix in one player at this level.True he's never been the fastest mover, but its not an essential quality for his type of player, and he isn't out and out prolific, but I'm not sure there are that many better alternatives who we could realistically attract.

That's what made letting him leave in the first place such a bad move.
    Rudy Gestede
  • Options
    JS5 said:

Kermorgant would no doubt improve the squad (though he's two years older and another couple of yards slower), but are we really meant to believe that he's the best target man available on loan across the whole universe of potential realistic targets?

Like Johnson and Poyet, it smacks of lack of scouting resources or worse, short-term fan appeasement.

Have you seen a better target man in the Championship in the last 2 years? Not sure I have.

He's skillful, combative, aerially dominant and inventive - that is a pretty potent mix in one player at this level.True he's never been the fastest mover, but its not an essential quality for his type of player, and he isn't out and out prolific, but I'm not sure there are that many better alternatives who we could realistically attract.

Rudy Gestede
    Troy Deeney was almost unplayable
  • Options

JS5 said:

Rudy Gestede
    Troy Deeney was almost unplayable
    So was Yann. Tore us apart at the Valley as he did to many other sides when playing for us. No way we'd be signing Deeney anyway. Gestede ,maybe we could get but he;s played 22 games for Villa this season so is he even available?
  • Options
    Wasn't talking about signing them just you asked who was better than yann, I'd also add Chris Martin and Daryl Murphy to it.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry, can I just say, 'Woosh'.
  • Options

Johnson may have played in a team that won games last season. But his overall contribution was erratic and full of basic errors not helped by his slow pace. I recall games when young Gomez had to rescue a hapless Johnson on numerous occasions. Suddenly he's seen by some on here as a saviour. Very short memories. He's only back 'cos it was easy for a deal to be made - not for the right reason of recruiting a player who would be a solid performer at centreback. Michael Morrison falls into that category, not Mr Johnson.

I think Johnson started well with us and was good for Gomez and especially Fox. He really faded towards the end though.

It just makes letting Morrison and Dervite go look more and more ridiculous every day.
  • Options

I think Johnson started well with us and was good for Gomez and especially Fox. He really faded towards the end though.

It just makes letting Morrison and Dervite go look more and more ridiculous every day.
    I'd still choose a Baur. Diarra partnership though.

• Options
    Scoham said:

Greenie said:

Too old.
    We can do better, we wont, but we can.

How many goals did he score last season in this league?
    Lol, we've still got a billionaire owner, so like I say.....We can do better, we wont, but we can.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Been told by a nobody who is probably unreliable, the loan of Williams has option to extend loan contract to end of 15/16 season.

They were aware of fan interest in Yann but no actual club interest... but as I say, probably unreliable.
  • Options
    Yann's loan move away from Bournemouth just came a step closer with the Cherries signing Ofobe from Wolves, that step won't be towards Charlton obviously but let's wish him good luck wherever he next plies his trade.
  • Options
    Bristol City are spending big and they are interested
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Bristol City in talks to sign Bolton striker Clough today, we can but dream that with Ofobe going to The Cherries and City now sorted, that Yann may come back....I know its only a dream but after yesterday I need something to cling to!!!
  • Options

markmc68 said:

Next Dale Stephens will be heading north back to Charlton.

He's finally figured out his map was upside-down all along...........

markmc68 said:

Next Dale Stephens will be heading north back to Charlton.

He's finally figured out his map was upside-down all along...........
    Dowie was giving him a lift.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would love him back but I just hope we are not building him up to be the saviour only to be disapointed. He's not had too much football this season and is older than when we last had him. Just saying.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Will the board really re-sign him? They know it would make us happy and that's obviously contrary to their aims
  • Options
    Having this conversation yesterday and I honestly don't think signing Yann on its own would do much to help us. We are so inept and the manager so clueless that in of itself it really isn't enough.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Having this conversation yesterday and I honestly don't think signing Yann on its own would do much to help us. We are so inept and the manager so clueless that in of itself it really isn't enough.

I don't think anyone's under the illusion that it would be "enough", but it would be a start and better than what we have at the moment.
  • Options
    I don't think any player coming in is going to save our season.
    It's gone beyond the players ability or lack of it now imo.
    It's going to come down to how much fight they have and how much they want it and whether the "coach" can galvanise, unite and organise the team to grind out results.
    Haha.
    Incidentally, my son was at Brum with his Bournemouth supporting mates yesterday.
    Said Yann was pretty peripheral; put himself about as usual without really impacting the game.
    My son thought it was Yann who lost Morro for his goal!
  • Options
    Would rather Darren Bent. I think he has more goals in him than Yann and boy do we need goals.
  • Options
    Unless he does not fancy west country I think Bristol City would be favourites to sign him
  • Options
    Bournemouth just bought another striker today for 10 million - knocking Yann further down the pecking order.