Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt (ed. Page 12- set to join Hearts)

Comments

• Options
    I do not know the background, but from what I read all the loan clubs want him back.
  • Options
    Considering he did naff all for all of them after a sometimes bright start that would be surprising
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Despite all the rumours of disruption, I'm led to believe the players like and rate him and want him to stay. He's a young guy who falls out with someone every day and is best friends with them again the next. I understand he had a falling out with our Interim CEO over broken contract promises and it appears he's being moved out as a result.

A motivated Tony Watt would tear League One defences a new one.

I like him even more now!!
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Despite all the rumours of disruption, I'm led to believe the players like and rate him and want him to stay. He's a young guy who falls out with someone every day and is best friends with them again the next. I understand he had a falling out with our Interim CEO over broken contract promises and it appears he's being moved out as a result.

Great! We lose a player because of Katrien Meire's lies
  • Options
    Hopefully we see Tony back in our starting line up next season, would provide a little excitement at the very least.
  • Options
    If Slade is the new manager then things will probably depend on how the pair of them got on.

Seeing as Watt didn't last too long down there the signs aren't overly positive...
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Doesn't matter if Slade is the new coach - Watt is one of our sale-able assets and will be sold along with anyone else Roland can get a transfer fee for - we'll be left with U21s and deadbeats like Johnson and flops like Sarr (although hopefully the likes of Sarr, Ba and Bergditch can be offloaded on one of the other network teams)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    colin1961 said:

Missed It said:

rikofold said:

That's not true .... KM only find out about Watt issues with staff and other players when Jackson went to see her and told them they needed to do something about him ...... players had enough of his antics
    Oh do stop talking crap just for once. You might even like it.
  • Options
    As if Slade is going to have any on who signs or leaves. However if he's a good boy they might let him pick the team for a training 5 a-side.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    All I can find about his comments re: his departure:

Cardiff City’s new signing Tony Watt claims ‘false reasons’ were given for his exit from Charlton - but has signalled his intent to use a new start in South Wales to score goals

He started the campaign in fine fashion with three goals in as many games but was left out of the team after reports of a training ground bust-up.

There have also been suggestions Watt's relationship with manager Karel Fraeye has broken down, with the Addicks boss signing Ricardo Vaz Te on a free transfer earlier this month.

After his arrival, Watt posted a picture of himself in a Cardiff shirt on his Instagram account with the caption: “Excited for this chapter at Cardiff City FC sad when people make up false reasons for me leaving! Never said thanks to Charlton supporters because at this moment in time it’s a loan and never know what the future holds”.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-signing-tony-watt-10500264

Edit: and this was the brief mention of the training ground issue: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/charlton/charlton_boss_reveals_tony_watt_training_ground_issue_despite_impressive_qpr_domination_1_4186221
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Missed It said:

rikofold said:

That's not true .... KM only find out about Watt issues with staff and other players when Jackson went to see her and told them they needed to do something about him ...... players had enough of his antics
    Just because you want it to be true and keep repeating it doesn't make it fact, Just like everything you post.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Who do you suggest will motivate him?...
  • Options
    What no gambling?.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Missed It said:

rikofold said:

Oh do stop talking crap just for once. You might even like it.
    The same. Senior player told me directly that Watt's antics weren't an issue.

But Colin knows someone who's knows a part time goalkeeping coach for the U12s so choose who you want to believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know a lot of people dont want Russell Slade but seeing he was the man at Cardiff who was eager to take Tony?

He took him not long after playing us & if i remember Watt was sh*te that game! speaks volumes on his recruitment tactics!
    Or it suggests he based his opinion on more than one game.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

rikofold said:

Probably not the only one.
  • Options

Booze, fags and wimmin.

Didn't do Georgie Best any harm. Well, not on the pitch anyway.
  • Options
    Leaving aside the so called barrack room lawyer stuff from Tony, his issue seems to be lack of fitness not lack of ability. He always seems lardy and lacking agility which is a shame. If Tony shut up and trained thoroughly, and lost a couple of stone he could almost have the pick of clubs to play for.
    Tony's bad habits seem so ingrained he would need a couple of months in the wilderness with a Buddhist monk and Bear Grylls to reassemble himself.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Leaving aside the so called barrack room lawyer stuff from Tony, his issue seems to be lack of fitness not lack of ability. He always seems lardy and lacking agility which is a shame. If Tony shut up and trained thoroughly, and lost a couple of stone he could almost have the pick of clubs to play for.
    Tony's bad habits seem so ingrained he would need a couple of months in the wilderness with a Buddhist monk and Bear Grylls to reassemble himself.

seth plum said:

Not sure how to link but he's just loaded a Twitter picture of him and his Mrs on beach and after 2 months out too. If he needs to lose 2 stone then I'm applying for a gastric band.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

I know a lot of people dont want Russell Slade but seeing he was the man at Cardiff who was eager to take Tony?

He took him not long after playing us & if i remember Watt was sh*te that game! speaks volumes on his recruitment tactics!
    You mean the game where he came back into the side against Blackburn and won man of the match?
  • Options
    Don't forget he was recently picked for a friendly for Scotland