Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New British manager? Who are the runners and riders?

This assuming the speculation is correct.

Well I doubt it's going to be anyone to get too excited about. Even so, whoever it is has to be a vast improvement on the pillock who has now, mercifully, been put out of his (and our) misery. I think it might be someone like Peter Taylor. He might not save us from the dreaded drop but at least I think he would restore a bit of pride on the field. Oh, and he is likely to be available.

I wonder what other Lifers think...

Comments

• Options
    Look no further than Hungary.
  • Options
    I'd like Neil Warnock, the short term saviour... but no chance

Longer term .. obviously Nigel Pearson .. but no chance

If we do get a Brit it'll probably be someone like that mega success Dean Saunders (I promised myself that I would not get too cynical .. BUT .. it's happening !!)
  • Options
    He likes to appoint previous managers, Powell is still unemployed, and might keep the fans quiet, even those that did not like him as a coach will agree better than the rest that have followed
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    addick05 said:

Look no further than Hungary.

Don't worry, we've got a restaurant.
  • Options
    Don't too excited it's all spin.

Welcome aboard Mike Bassett.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Chris Kamara, just to continue the comedy factor.

Unbelievable Jeff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if it was Peter Taylor. He was at both the last 2 home games and I saw on another thread he was at Colchester and/or Huddersfield.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Don't too excited it's all spin.

Welcome aboard Mike Bassett.

Given the extent of their knowledge of football and the thoroughness of their research, I wouldn't be surprised.
  • Options
    Quite possibly the most stupid market I've ever seen - 30%+ margin built in without even taking account of all the other possibilities not listed:

Nebojsa Vignjevic
    1/1
    Jose Riga
    5/2
    Jason Euell
    8/1
    Wim De Corte
    8/1
    Chris Powell
    12/1
    Phil Parkinson
    18/1
    Yannick Ferrera
    18/1
    Bob Peeters
    25/1
    Gary Bowyer
    25/1
    Steve Clarke
    25/1
    Tim Sherwood
    25/1
    Guy Luzon
    28/1
    Uwe Rosler
    28/1
    Alan Curbishley
    33/1
    Garry Monk
    33/1
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Quite possibly the most stupid market I've ever seen - 30%+ margin built in without even taking account of all the other possibilities not listed:

Nebojsa Vignjevic
    1/1
    Jose Riga
    5/2
    Jason Euell
    8/1
    Wim De Corte
    8/1
    Chris Powell
    12/1
    Phil Parkinson
    18/1
    Yannick Ferrera
    18/1
    Bob Peeters
    25/1
    Gary Bowyer
    25/1
    Steve Clarke
    25/1
    Tim Sherwood
    25/1
    Guy Luzon
    28/1
    Uwe Rosler
    28/1
    Alan Curbishley
    33/1
    Garry Monk
    33/1

the only one from that motley mix who I'd fancy to do a job in our predicament is Steve Clarke .. but as with Warnock and Pearson ? .. no chance
  • Options
    I'd be very happy with Steve Clarke. Probably zero chance of that though.
  • Options

I'd be very happy with Steve Clarke. Probably zero chance of that though.

Always strikes me as a complete halfwit - a bit like Stuart Pearce
  • Options

Nebojsa Vignjevic
    1/1
    Jose Riga
    5/2
    Jason Euell
    8/1
    Wim De Corte
    8/1
    Chris Powell
    12/1
    Phil Parkinson
    18/1
    Yannick Ferrera
    18/1
    Bob Peeters
    25/1
    Gary Bowyer
    25/1
    Steve Clarke
    25/1
    Tim Sherwood
    25/1
    Guy Luzon
    28/1
    Uwe Rosler
    28/1
    Alan Curbishley
    33/1
    Garry Monk
    33/1

the only one from that motley mix who I'd fancy to do a job in our predicament is Steve Clarke .. but as with Warnock and Pearson ? .. no chance
    Not Curbs?

I'd take Monk too.
  • Options
    Surely the easy option for them is just to appoint Jason Euell. They don't really give a shit about results so his lack of experience isn't a factor. They wouldn't have to interview anyone as that clearly seems like too much effort for them. They know he'd get support from the fans. Surprised they haven't taken this route already really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely we won't be appointing anyone that any of us would be pleased with? I have given up all hope of that happening with this regime. The next announcement I want to hear is that PVs people have entered into due diligence to get these halfwits out of here
  • Options
    Talal said:

Surely the easy option for them is just to appoint Jason Euell. They don't really give a shit about results so his lack of experience isn't a factor. They wouldn't have to interview anyone as that clearly seems like too much effort for them. They know he'd get support from the fans. Surprised they haven't taken this route already really.

Would he get support? Would be a ridiculous appointment
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Talal said:

I think so, he's liked isn't he? And certainly no more ridiculous than Carol.
  • Options

Surely we won't be appointing anyone that any of us would be pleased with? I have given up all hope of that happening with this regime. The next announcement I want to hear is that PVs people have entered into due diligence to get these halfwits out of here

If only... (sighs)
  • Options
    Talal said:

Talal said:

Liked but non credible
  • Options
    ross1 said:

He likes to appoint previous managers, Powell is still unemployed, and might keep the fans quiet, even those that did not like him as a coach will agree better than the rest that have followed

Powellis not coming back as long as Roland is the owner.
  • Options
    Steve Clarke please. Wouldn't say no to Gary Bowyer either.

Of those at clubs, Justin Edinburgh.
  • Options
    We need someone like Warnock to come in, sadly I think we'll get that O'Loughlin fella
  • Options

Talal said:

Talal said:

Liked but non credible
    Since when was that an issue for this owner.
  • Options
    I can see it now, a moment of pure inspiration ....a dual manager appointment! Think Clough & Taylor, think Curbishley & Gritt. Coming soon to the Valley Dowie & Parkinson