Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New British manager? Who are the runners and riders?

Comments

• Options
    That hasnt stopped all the recent muppets getting the job!
  • Options
    1. Roland doesn't do "outside" the network

2. No self-respecting British manager would want to work for these arseholes anyway

So, I fear it is odds on O'laughlin.

Hope I'm wrong though.
  • Options
    I'm warming to the idea of Di Canio.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    WTF?
    Just waiting to be appointed …
    Somewhere in the network is …
    Wim the Fooker.
  • Options
    Euell a bit tainted by the lack of organisation. Baltacha might be a shout. International defender managed in Scotland. Cheap. Ours.

Pinch Nathan Jones from Luton. Paul Tisdale. Many names above will want bigger wages than JBG. Not going to happen.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Bring back Ken Craggs.

Last seen in a restaurant.
  • Options
    Thing is, Say Wim wins 4/5 of his next games ... Puts him in the running.

Just let that sink in..
  • Options
    Pearson or Warnock please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

I give you Mr Harry Redknapp on short term deal to the end of the season.

You give me 'Arry...I give you a big brown envelope! That how it works?

Nudge, nudge :wink::wink:
  • Options
    Iain Dowie please
  • Options
    Talal said:

Chris Kamara, just to continue the comedy factor.

Although he did very well at Bradford.
  • Options
    No chance of getting him, but if I had my way it would be Warnock. Would give us organisation and leadership with a real fighting chance of keeping us up.
  • Options
    Mark Robson.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I really don't get the Warnock love in. Ex-Palace with outdated ideas. There's better out there.

Edit: plus he's at QPR in a really comfortable and secure job and has recently spoken about not returning to management.
  • Options
    Think who knows this set-up and will cost no money what so ever,till the end of the season Keith Peacock.
  • Options
    Surely it has to be a manager with a track record of some kind of success at this level. Pearson and Warnock are stand out candidates, Powell would make a difference. Taylor would take us down, his record is appalling.
  • Options

I really don't get the Warnock love in. Ex-Palace with outdated ideas. There's better out there.

Edit: plus he's at QPR in a really comfortable and secure job and has recently spoken about not returning to management.

But would suit the board to see us through to May.
  • Options

I reckon a Peter Taylor and Jason Euell combo

Has Peter Taylor ever succeded in a job?
    He was quite good at Hendon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Said umpteen times its Charlton ---- expect little and get less
  • Options
    gerry. cottle !
  • Options

There is a very real factor here that no one is considering.We are basing this whole idea on ITK information which for me at least is very credible.

What we don't know is the level of "panic" behind the scenes at The Valley, because that is the word used by Airman. Panic.

We are all I'm sure surprised by this turn of events but what we don't know is just how spooked they are and exactly why.

It can't be the protests except in small measure. They would have panicked before this afternoon. This change of tack by the club has been forced from we presume the players. Who else can it be ? Murray carries no clout and has been as quiet as a church mouse.

Here's the question. Just how far from "the vision" is Roland prepared to move ? If it's window dressing then no British manager we or the players would want would accept. If it's a complete departure and recognition that what we the fans and now the players have said is correct perhaps the move away from the plan will be considerable. In which case we could in fact be looking to get a more established name.

IMO the panic has set in because they has no fall back position, they have bought into the utter bull crap that Fraeye has been spouting to them since day one. They assumed he would succeed. He failed. Miserably. They now don't know what to do. Anyone who could advise them has been alienated, they've destroyed moral within the team and created seemingly huge divisions with their short sighted blinkered vision. They've created a terminal tailspin and are realising that unless they shift their thinking they are about to burn a massive hole in uncle Roly's personal fortune.
    But Neb was in and then suddenly not in. It went to the wire and it would appear the club pulled the plug. Something happened to change that. Neb was for a few hours plan B.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Quite aside from the who is available, presumably the three people involved in selecting our next manager are:

Roland "I trust Karel Fraeye to sign all my players" Duchatelet
    Katrien "Guy Luzon is our Alex Ferguson" Meire
    and
    Richard "Iain, no Les, no Alan, no Phil - You're Hired" Murray.

It's great Karel is gone and it's great that we might finally be looking to hire outside the poxy network, but even in the, highly unlikely, event that there is now a genuine, heartfelt change of approach and the club now truly wants to hire the best man for the job, no cutting corners, does anyone actually have any faith in any of these three people to identify who the right man is?
  • Options

There is a very real factor here that no one is considering.We are basing this whole idea on ITK information which for me at least is very credible.

What we don't know is the level of "panic" behind the scenes at The Valley, because that is the word used by Airman. Panic.

We are all I'm sure surprised by this turn of events but what we don't know is just how spooked they are and exactly why.

It can't be the protests except in small measure. They would have panicked before this afternoon. This change of tack by the club has been forced from we presume the players. Who else can it be ? Murray carries no clout and has been as quiet as a church mouse.

Here's the question. Just how far from "the vision" is Roland prepared to move ? If it's window dressing then no British manager we or the players would want would accept. If it's a complete departure and recognition that what we the fans and now the players have said is correct perhaps the move away from the plan will be considerable. In which case we could in fact be looking to get a more established name.

IMO the panic has set in because they has no fall back position, they have bought into the utter bull crap that Fraeye has been spouting to them since day one. They assumed he would succeed. He failed. Miserably. They now don't know what to do. Anyone who could advise them has been alienated, they've destroyed moral within the team and created seemingly huge divisions with their short sighted blinkered vision. They've created a terminal tailspin and are realising that unless they shift their thinking they are about to burn a massive hole in uncle Roly's personal fortune.
    But Neb was in and then suddenly not in. It went to the wire and it would appear the club pulled the plug. Something happened to change that. Neb was for a few hours plan B.

The only other theory is that his work permit was going to be refused and they couldn't be seen to be falling foul of those rules again. I doubt it, but it might be.

I doubt Neb had been on the radar until the 4th or 5th goal went in last night or when the first punch was thrown in the dressing room.

• Options

Maybe he's shown more cohones behind the scenes?